Softcat Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Softcat CEO Graeme Watt
Graeme Watt
Pros
Cons
  • "Low basic salary (accompanied by high un capped commission(in 14 reviews)

• "No other way to put it, but it can be tough, long hours, challenging targets and competitive colleagues(in 14 reviews)

1. "New Recruit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

I felt supported throughout the recruitment process, and any enquires I had, prior to starting, were answered with speed and patience from the recruiters and the staff hiring me. Since starting I have felt supported by the team, and emphasis has been placed that no question should feel embarrassing to ask! Taking initiative is encouraged and praised. The culture at Softcat has been accommodating, friendly... and fun - I am excited to continue on my journey at Softcat and see what is in store!

Cons

The only con I have is being addressed as the creation of Non-Sale inductions & workshops is now being put in place!

Softcat2019-11-07
  2. "Thoroughly enjoy working at Softcat"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow and develop. Ideas get listened to and taken on. I get to work with passionate, nice, clever, helpful, pro-active, knowledgeable people with a can-do attitude.

Cons

You need to be ok with a bit of ambiguity. We accomplish great things in this company and a lot of the time it's not set in stone and we might be asked to deliver the moon on a stick. But we're acutally very good at delivering moons on sticks ;)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Softcat2019-11-04
  3. "Outstanding recruitment procedures & experience"

Current Employee - Microsoft Solution Architect in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a new joiner at SoftCat and had gone through series of interviews and met with few wonderful people too. On board recruiters’ approach, attitude and their outstanding communication strategy aligned with their business processes makes them very diverse from rest of world. What touched me is the ‘sense’ of enabling the fundamental concepts of ‘diversity & equal opportunities’ by creating a ‘common pool’ of... ‘strategic realization’ for all candidates to ‘understand & realize’ the potential values and how it reflects in creating some business value. We can easily comprehend their culture propelled with ‘very professional approach’ which is unquestionably eminent in this competitive world.

Cons

Nothing as such but I will revisit after few months time.

Advice to Management

NA

Softcat2019-10-14
  4. "Providing tech solutions to businesses across the UK"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to SC straight from Uni having previously done some B2C sales within retail and hospitality. I wanted to transition into the B2B and the guys at SC were there to support me every step of the way. I have come on leaps and bounds over the past 13 months and I'm now managing my own accounts. The role itself is demanding but you're provided with the freedom and guidance to pave your way towards a successful... career. The financial and social rewards offered are second to none and you're made to feel like you're a part of one big family.

Cons

1) The training is great fun socially but there is a lot to take on so be prepared to absorb lots of information. 2) The hangovers

Softcat2019-10-10
  5. "Good Job, Poor attitude"

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my job at softcat. At first I thought the whole place was a breath of fresh air. Nights out. Incentives. Drinking in the office on a FridalikThe culture was amazing. I thought theh looked after the staff. And well being. 6 months in my opinion rapidly changed.

Cons

The fact that the have such a play hard attitude and then punish people for it. People oy succeed if they know the right people. If you are well liked you go far. Management have favourites. That is obvious. You are forced to go on nights out and if not then you are left out like in high school. Very school playground attitude. Especially amongst the girls in the office. High turnover as management do not... care when staff leave. Basic wage is poor. Very poor. Say they are flexible but trying to work st home is not easy. And you get questioned on this too.

Advice to Management

Senior management need to take a look at who they have running their offices. Are they capable? Is their complaints made and subsequently ignored? Management need to open eyes to what is happening. There are more people feeling disgruntled but will not say as too scared to upset people. In fear of losing job. When an employee hands in notice this should be a discussion in my opinion. Not just accepted. No questions... asked. You are losing good staff members as you let people go. You dont pay them enough and they go elsewhere to do same role for far more money.

Softcat2019-10-25
  6. "Great Company with Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Developer in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be valued and employee comes first at softcat. Amazing working culture with huge flexibility. (It'll take time to understand that you are not dreaming and it is real) You will be recognized as an individual and help to progress to better opportunities. Relax environment to work with loads of peaks. You will be passionate about what you are doing and enthusiastic to come to work every day. Softcat... values humility and every day is a fun day

Cons

There are no cons but for the sake of writing one it will be, Open office environment and it will take time to use to it unless you have previous experience.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the current standards you are having with employees, as this is a great place to work and without knowing people give their 100% to the company. So don't change it.

Softcat2019-09-30
  7. "Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great 'fun' environment - Supportive management - Excellent training opportunities - Incentive trips, free holidays/ lunches / experiences

Cons

- Low Salary - Very micromanaged due to age of employees - High turnover - No flexible working, ie work from home, flexi hours etc

Advice to Management

I loved working for Softcat, it was a great few years and I learned so much. I would just say give employees a bit more breathing space, trust them to do the job your hired them to do.

Softcat2019-09-26
  8. "Internal account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Leeds, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good social life and support

Cons

Long hours, lots of cold calling

Softcat2019-09-09
  9. "Incredible company, highly recommend"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Director in London, England

I worked at Softcat full-time

Pros

Great people, great package, autonomy, exceptional career growth potential, fun, highly inclusive, exciting, successful.

Cons

Softcat AMs have a very tough job, especially in the first couple of years. Cold calling to gain your account base can be very challenging and draining. That said, you’re supported all the time by management and are in a peer group with an “in it together” attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing :-)

Softcat2019-09-04
  10. "Internal IT Support Review"

Current Employee - Internal IT Support in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Softcat is full of incredible people and great opportunities. The Softcat culture is to work hard while enjoying your job and where you work. The company is growing and you can grow with it.

Cons

There are not any real downfalls to working at Softcat.

Advice to Management

None

Softcat2019-09-05