SocialChorus Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2020

3.8
SocialChorus Chief Executive Officer Gary Nakamura
Gary Nakamura
Pros
  • "Rewarded for hard work and able to be yourself(in 9 reviews)

• "A lot of good people outside of upper management(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is going through some growing pains and has been expanding as a company and a business(in 6 reviews)

• "Demanding work-life balance is not for those who want a 9-5 job; but that trains you to carve out time for yourself(in 4 reviews)

"Fast paced, entrepreneurial culture"

Current Employee - CMO in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparent leadership not afraid to give direct feedback and willing to tackle the tough challenges. Company lives the values in a way unlike I've seen before.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a fast growing enterprise software company - structure lacking in some areas, but this also creates a lot of opportunity

Continue reading

"Been here 4 years and not going anywhere"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are amazing Solving a real problem Management listens People own their careers

Cons

Most employees are remote, so miss out on some of the camaraderie that local offices may have.

May 15, 2020Co-Founder

Thank you for these comments, I agree with you that our people are amazing and we are solving a real problem! As you called out, management does listen and we are actively working on ways to maintain camaraderie in a distributed fashion, especially in a situation where no one is in an office and no one can travel! I am hopeful we are able to host SCKO all together in Vegas again next year! I am always open to hearing any feedback directly as we can always get better, so please reach out and we can discuss. Thank you for everything you do for SocialChorus, our customers and the millions of employees we support!

"Churn & Burn"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SocialChorus full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a source of income.

Cons

The culture as a whole at the HQ office in SF is very negative, egotistic, and apathetic. The problem is that they hire whoever they possibly can just to fill the role, creating an environment that is uncomfortable to show up to everyday. - SDRs are also considered the janitorial staff - every week they have to clean the office kitchen (no other SC members have to do this, just SDRs) - SDRs are not allowed to leave their desk (unless they have a meeting, or have to go to the bathroom) - No career growth (they primarily hire externally, rather than promote from within) - No Work / Life / Balance

May 15, 2020Co-Founder

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to deliver an exceptional employee experience for everyone and live up to our value of We Succeed Together. We are leading an exciting category, and we are proud of the passion and dedication the team brings every day. We believe in investing in our people and their career paths. 60% of our closers have been internal promotions and our entire Account Management team is from internal promotions. I am happy to have a conversation and hear additional feedback and suggestions you may have as we do not profess to be perfect and we can always get better.

4. "good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

SC is a good place to work.

Cons

There's nothing that comes to mind

"Would avoid"

2.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SocialChorus

Pros

Some decent honest people at the business

Cons

No work/life balance Bad “if you don’t like it leave” attitude mean onus on employees to suck it up. Rather than the business to actually try improving the way people feel. Nobody seemed happy at to work there.

"Pros and cons"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

Good company, room for growth

Cons

To many changes in management Competitive landscape

May 15, 2020Co-Founder

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. You are at the company at a very exciting time, as we lead a competitive category with 10 of the Fortune 50 as our customers! There is always room for growth and improvement and I would love to hear your feedback directly. Please reach out to me and we can discuss.

"Thoughtful and ambitious company and team"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time for more than a year

Pros

More thoughtful than a lot of start-ups. Very intentional with moves the business makes and how we approach problems/processes

Cons

Seem to struggle with recruiting enough people to fill head count. May need to be more aggressive with candidate pipeline.

March 16, 2019Co-Founder

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, we do need to be thoughtful about how we lead the industry. And, you are right, we must continue to empower and trust our employees as they are the backbone of our company's continued success! We do have many open positions to fuel our rapid growth and, as you know, are committed to be a remote team in order to have the largest pipeline of talent, wherever the talent may be. We look forward to adding many incredible new members to the SC team!

"Incredible leadership, culture and product"

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time for more than a year

Pros

It all starts with the product. SC has the best engineers developing a solution light years ahead of the competition. The leadership is passionate, exceptionally smart and committed. The culture is collaborative and supportive at every level. Do you best work everyday and you will be rewarded professionally and personally.

Cons

SC is a typical late stage start up. Lots of growth and with that comes change. Mistakes will happen and be ready to learn from them and even lead the change. Leave your ego and negativity at home and you will be successful.

March 16, 2019Co-Founder

Thank you for the feedback and for helping us to live our value of We Lead. You are right, it does all start with product and we DO have the best engineers developing a solution that is transforming an industry and making a meaningful impact on employees. As the market leader, we do need to be nimble as we grow quickly! And you are right - our collective passion and culture will continue to unite us as we steer the ship!

"Motto is "Every Worker Matters," but in reality, you don't"

1.0

I worked at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

Beautiful view of the bridge, snacks are plentiful, lunch on Wednesday, massages on Thursday, commuter benefits

Cons

As some of the other reviews mentioned, HR is terrible. They have no idea what they are doing. Only upside of HR is that they are friendly, but that is to make up their lack of skills and abilities. Socialchorus is a communication platform, but there is clearly a communication issue within the company. If the company cannot communicate with other departments, imagine how their platform is. It's interesting that their motto is "every worker matters," but if that was the case, employees would get paid on time or even paid at all, ensure that the benefits are completed when they said it would be completed, ensure every new employee is aware of policies and procedures (by having every new employee read and agree to the terms), etc. With every startup, of course there are ups and downs, but Socialchorus is just one big mess. The cons definitely outweigh the pros. Find yourself another startup that stays true to their word.

January 4, 2019Co-Founder

Thank you so much for your feedback. We completely agree that an investment in employees is critical. We strive to provide an incredible employee experience for every member of the SocialChorus team and are hopeful that our value of ‘we succeed together’ is present from day one. As you know, we are leading an exciting industry and growing very quickly – we have increased the size of the team by 50% this year. With this rapid growth, some bumps in the road are inevitable and we address them immediately. We have done our best to ensure that we hire the best and retain the best as everyone at SocialChorus is held accountable for the work they do and are compensated as such. We work hard to deliver a top-notch employee experience that spans on-boarding, training and resources for new hires. We are not perfect, and do not profess to be. If you would be willing to share specific feedback with me, I would be very open to a conversation with you. Thank you for helping us to get better.

"A Great Startup with real focus"

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

Moving fast, with an amazing product

Cons

If you understand how a small growing company works, then you're good. Change is everyday. It's whatever works to get to where we need to go. If you're not the kind of person who can manage change, then it's not for you.

March 16, 2019Co-Founder

Thank you for your feedback! Indeed we DO have an amazing product. Leading the industry does require a lot of innovation at a rapid pace, and we're thrilled to have you and to be growing our team!

Found 72 reviews