Smartsheet "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Smartsheet Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Jan 17, 2020

4.1
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader
Pros
  • "Work life balance is also something that the company really promotes and lives by(in 21 reviews)

• "Great product that every employee uses and loves themselves(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401K match, but sounds like that's changing very soon(in 17 reviews)

• "Expected growing pains for a company this size but definitely making moves to adopt the right processes(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent culture with technology that makes an impact on companies."

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Very strong culture, leadership is transparent, and reps are set up for success

Cons

As with any company that has scaled as quickly as Smartsheet, there are some growing pains that we are dealing with.

Smartsheet2020-01-17

"Excited to see what happens these next twelve months!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, check. Sick? stay home or work from home. Appointments? we are flexible. Worked late? don't rush in. Sufficient time off plus many holidays! My managers so far have been leaders, open, approachable, honest, supportive and want to see me succeed. Driven to automate what can be automated and document everything else. CTO has a vision and taking steps to achieve that vision within engineering. I've worked other places for many years but since I've arrived, I've witnessed a healthy, growing, profitable company. I look forward to coming into work because of the people, the culture and there are opportunities to learn almost every day. It's nice to be at a company that doesn't have to increase profits by reducing headcount, we're hiring!

Cons

It's not all peaches 'n cream... I miss 401k matching. The medical plans almost require you to buy in to a lower deductible and/or use the HSA so plan for that. The dental is a huge improvement! Open workspace concept is disruptive due to noise and visual distractions. Expected growing pains for a company this size but definitely making moves to adopt the right processes.

Smartsheet2019-09-25
  3. "WOW! The most amazing team I have ever worked with!"

Current Employee - People & Culture Team in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

- Amazing colleagues up and down throughout the organization who are smart, humble, driven and willing to step up to any challenges. - I love the intentionality behind our decisions as an organization. Everyone cares about our product, our customers, and really being proud of what we are doing each day. This is infectious here and worth more than anything! - Great snacks, wellness opportunities, and fun activities - I appreciate the generosity of the company to take care of us well in various ways! I feel empowered as a person and as an employee.

Cons

- We're still working through some growing pains - Some benefits that some larger tech companies have are missing here. No 401k and no company match is the largest...

Smartsheet2019-08-09

"Cool product with lots of growth opportunities"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone is passionate about our product

Cons

Growing pains are real as we double and triple in size

Smartsheet2019-06-05
  5. "Smart people"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary and great location

Cons

Growing company facing some growing pains

Smartsheet2019-04-22

"Smartsheet puts our people first!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smartsheet cares about our people, first - that has been apparent to me since the start. This sentiment and environment is driven from the top down. As someone who is highly motivated to work harder when surrounded by a team of supportive and innovative teammates, this is what drew me to Smartsheet 1.5+ years ago, and what has kept me here. I had the unique opportunity to help build our first regional office in Boston; our leadership team here worked hard to ensure that culture of putting our people first spread as we expanded East. Our customers are delightful and that makes our jobs easier to delight them. When you have a strong and flexible product, it makes the job of the Customer Success team that much easier to champion. When we find opportunities to evolve our product, our Product and Engineering teams value the Voice of the Customer and work hard to find ways to grow the product with our customers' growing business needs. Our employees also have an allowance towards Professional Development, which enables us as leaders to attract and retain top talent.

Cons

Rapid growth has meant that we have to continue to iterate on processes to provide the framework to support our growing customer base and product. The opportunity to support this maturity is exciting and can be rewarding, and it can also present growing pains. On most days, it's one of the greatest things about Smartsheet, as it inspires us to continue to learn and grow alongside our organization.

Smartsheet2019-03-28

"6 month recap"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The energy here is incredible. Everyone has so much passion for the product and for each other's success. Help is always around the corner and easy to find, new ideas are always welcome, your voice feels heard, and you're encouraged to be the best version of yourself both inside and outside of work.

Cons

As with any scaling business, there are growing pains, but leadership makes an effort to get feedback from all departments and employees on how to maintain culture and values.

Smartsheet2018-12-07
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent CEO, Amazing Product, Fast-paced

Cons

Work-life balance, High growth = growing pains

Smartsheet2018-06-05

"Great company, product, culture, and trajectory"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Feel truly valued as an employee. - Pay and benefits are excellent (unlimited sick time, 3 weeks PTO, Smartsheet fully covers monthly costs of health insurance) - Excellent leadership team that has built an outstanding team within the company - Upward mobility is clear and attainable

Cons

Few to speak of. Growing pains as you would expect, but leadership handles them adeptly.

Smartsheet2018-03-29
  10. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Support Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting work environment, good opportunities to grow within the company, and a really great product.

Cons

The startup environment is exciting, but it also comes with growing pains.

Smartsheet2018-04-02