Siteimprove Reviews

Updated May 21, 2020

3.8
Siteimprove CEO Morten Ebbesen
Morten Ebbesen
Pros
  • "I have worked in other sales cultures in the past - Siteimprove truly abides by a Danish work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Great work environment, great people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very stringent work from home policies(in 4 reviews)

• "Feels more like a call center than a sales team which certainly effects culture(in 4 reviews)

"Great Company & Opportunity in Toronto"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time

Pros

The ability to sell quality software that is continually being enhanced. There is little to no competition in this space, and each meeting is an opportunity to educate and challenge our prospective clients. Very aggressive commission structure in place that can significantly escalate earnings. There is a real opportunity in the Toronto office to be entrepreneurial, and employees are empowered with the resources they need when bringing solutions forward. If you're looking to sit back and "take orders" this is not the right role for you. Success has been primarily achieved through outbound efforts. This makes the additional investments in support resources for the Canadian market all the more exciting! At the same time it's a Danish headquartered company that treats it's employees very well, with good benefits and 4 weeks vacation from day one. Company also provides generous Pension Matching after only 1 month of employment. Big things in store for the Toronto office in 2018!

Cons

As with most companies experiencing significant growth, things can change quickly here. Expect change and embrace it. There is a real effort to effectively communicate changes, but this can be improved.

January 9, 2018CEO

Thank you for your elaborate feedback! We're really happy to hear that you enjoy working with Siteimprove and appreciate the benefits offered here. We agree that things can change rather quickly as we continue to grow, innovate, and adapt. We're working on communicating these changes better going forward – it is highly prioritized within the organization. If you have any further comments or ideas for improvements that you'd like to share, please reach out to your manager or Human Resources. Best, Morten Ebbesen

"not the greatest place to work. Low pay, even worse culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Siteimprove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trendy downtown office. The team is supportive, and there are a tonne of office activities to partake in. A plethora of strong tools to help you succeed in your role.

Cons

Culture. Management MICROMANAGES everything. And there is a "boys club". Very misogynistic, and rude unless you fit in. Pay is below industry average.

March 12, 2018CEO

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and advice. I’m happy to hear that you liked the team and our office. However, the experiences that you describe in regards to culture and management is worrying and it is very unusual to hear. Misogyny has no place at Siteimprove and all employees are required to comply with our company-wide Code of Conduct (CoC). We will look into this matter and we encourage all employees to report violations of our CoC to Legal or Human Resources to ensure that these cases are handled appropriately. Best, Morten Ebbesen

"Great company if you're willing to put in the work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location, great perks, company sponsored events (including a trip to Copenhagen this May), generous commission structure and a genuinely excellent product/service to sell. Siteimprove is a company that is continually evolving and its exciting to be part of a global team as we continue to experience success and growth year over year. Like any sales role, you get out what you put in and if you work hard then there is a great amount of opportunity regardless of your vertical.

Cons

It's great to work in a fun/relaxed environment (best place I've worked so far), but there are some employees that take advantage of the situation and don't take the success of the team as seriously as they should. This can be a distraction for those who are focused on doing their job.

October 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the many benefits that we offer employees. Should you have additional feedback or questions, please don’t hesitate to discuss with your manager or Human Resources.

"A wonderful place to work."

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fantastic company, constantly improving and experiencing rapid growth. Great, accessible leadership. A collaborative and team oriented office culture. Generous commission structure and great clients.

Cons

Pace of hiring has at times eclipsed new employee training and development.

March 16, 2016CEO

Thanks for your feedback! I am happy to hear you enjoy working with us. We are growing fast, and it has been hectic at times. We are however very dedicated to providing our employees the best possible on-boarding and chance of success and have recently decided to add a Director level position to the Minneapolis office responsible for the on-boarding, education, and development of our staff members. We will continue to work on this! We are not against people working from home every now and then if there is family, medical, or similar need for it, but we learn so much from being in the same space that we prefer to limit it to these situations. I hope this helps! You are always welcome to call or email me if you have other questions or comments. /Torben

5. "Progressive Company with Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Forward-Thinking / Great Leadership / Employee Focused

Cons

No Cons as of yet, but if you aren't self-motivated this probably isn't the place for you.

June 15, 2020Senior HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with Siteimprove.

6. "Great People"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Edina, MN

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the most talented people I've had the pleasure of working with!

Cons

Leadership from top down is transparent about the direction they want to head, but clear steps towards organization change were lacking

May 14, 2020Senior HR Generalist

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We agree that Siteimprovers are amazingly talented! Each person contributes to the vision and success of Siteimprove. As you mentioned, we have a vision about the direction of Siteimprove and the positive impact we can have on the digital world. As with many things there are steps to implement to reach our goals and we make the necessary adjustments to meet the ever changing landscape of our world.

"Not a great place to work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Vienna
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Siteimprove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-Life Balance, friendly colleagues, good product

Cons

If you are new in sales, this is definitely a place you should avoid. There are no trainings or any other measurement for self-development. The management has little competence and does certainly not lead by example. Unpleasant tasks are delegated to team members. Employees within teams get along well with each other. Otherwise, however, there is mutual recrimination. Everyone is only interested in getting the best out of it for themselves.

April 29, 2020CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It’s good to hear that you appreciated the work-life balance, your colleagues, and our product during your time with us. I’m surprised to hear about the lack of training and development and cannot recognize it as we established our Education and Learning team in 2019. They are doing a great job being in charge of training of our employees, especially within sales. We also have a clear framework for career development for our sales staff and our 70-20-10 model for professional development offers a lot of opportunities for learning. It’s very unfortunate that your experience is that everyone is in it for themselves. It’s not something we encourage here at Siteimprove. On the contrary, we are committed to working and celebrating as a team. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Best, Morten Ebbesen

"Not so great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Copenhagen

I worked at Siteimprove full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The food is amazing - Atmosphere is great between people from the same position - Flexibility

Cons

- Lack of vision - Very bad communication between the upper management and the rest of the company - A playground for people who like politics

October 9, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always working on improving our company and feedback is important, so again thank you for your feedback. We will take it into consideration going forward. I’m happy to see that you’re pointing out our atmosphere and flexibility as some of the things you enjoyed at Siteimprove. Those are important cornerstones of our culture. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Best, Morten Ebbesen

9. "Siteimprove is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Healthy commission plan - if you can sell, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Not much to complain about!

September 4, 2019Senior HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to hear you find Siteimprove such a great place to work.

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Expert in Copenhagen

I have been working at Siteimprove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing environment, with super helpful people

Cons

Things can move a littler faster, but I guess it's normal for a tech company

January 9, 2020CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your opinion. I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying working with Siteimprove! It’s very encouraging to read your kind words about your colleagues and our work environment. Let’s make sure to keep it up for 2020! Best, Morten Ebbesen

Found 64 reviews