Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 14 January, 2019

4.3
Bob Pryor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance has been a huge asset" (in 11 reviews)

• "It is a great place to work if you don't have to worry about your career" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Inconsistent raises across the board have led to frustration of some really great people" (in 4 reviews)

• "No cons that i ever experienced" (in 3 reviews)

"Best IT Company in Canada"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Victoria, BC
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sierra is by far the best (and healthiest) company I have worked for. From the recruiting process to on-boarding and team collaboration, this company is top-notch.

The culture is extremely positive and employees are continuously supported and encouraged by colleagues and management. To give you a sense, we have an online recognition feed where people send out positive feedback to each other (for teamwork, excellence, initiative and integrity). This feed is used several times a day.

As a consultant, there are numerous opportunities to leverage my skills and grow my capacity in business and tech. The portfolio of assignments that I get to work on are diverse, interesting and engaging. Sierra is a well-respected firm, and we have excellent, long-standing relationships with our clients.

From new employees to staff who have worked with Sierra for 15+ years, people are consistently expressing how happy they are to work for such a great company.

Cons

None that I can see

10 Dec, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your experience in our Victoria office. It's great that you pointed out tenure as that is definitely something we are proud of at Sierra... More

2. "Technology company with great tradition"

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time

Pros

People oriented
    Deep pockets of technical expertise
    Emphasis on client's value

Cons

Shrinking local presence
    Loss of homogeneous workforce due to M&A

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collaborative Company, nice people to work with, good clients

Cons

no cons to currently report

"Great place for mature consultants"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being treated like a responsible adult, great benefits, great career support

Cons

I have not encountered any yet.

8 Nov, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We trust our consultants to carry out our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Initiative and Excellence in all they do. Our consultants are Career Owners and are... More

"Consultant"

I worked at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. I really liked the onboarding process of a new employee which was very organized.

Cons

Need to improve their Victoria office.

8 Nov, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with Sierra. We take pride in how we engage employees from the get-go! Our onboarding team works closely with one another to ensure everything is ready to go... More

6. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time

Pros

Competitive salary
    Proactive mentorship of employees
    Flexibility in work day structure
    Flat management structure
    Great coworkers
    Engaging work

Cons

Those who do not enjoy change may not enjoy working here, as employees start and end projects regularly.

10 Dec, 2018 – HR Manager

Every member of our team plays a big role in making Sierra a great place to work so thank you for being a part of that! Employees have shared that our Career Advisor/Career Owner program is a... More

"Excellent employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Pros

I've been at Sierra Systems for about one year and have enjoyed positive culture, competent colleagues, and caring, dedicated management team. I'm so pleased that as an organization, we live by our goal of delighting our clients. This means more collaboration, co-design and appropriate strategic advice. It means working across teams to bring the right expertise independent of the logo on their employment letter.

Cons

My experience to date has been positive, so I don't have cons to note.

Advice to Management

Keep the supportive spirit that leads to teams' excellence. Sprinkle in a bit more innovation and nudge the bar on office creature comforts. Nearly there ...

8 Nov, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your experience with Sierra! We are proud of the team at Sierra. Our employees share time and again that they value the People they get to work with at Sierra... More

"Great company to be with"

Pros

I enjoy the culture and the people both at our company and the clients I have represented. Work is challenging, but rewarding and clients appreciate the excellent work that is achieved together.

Cons

I do not any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to give employees the tools they need to achieve and let us be great together!

6 Sep, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We continue to invest in providing tools and resources to our employees. Feedback is certainly appreciated as these may differ from individual to individual. Our theme... More

9. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Sierra Systems, an NTT DATA Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Sierra really cares about their people, and demonstrates integrity both internally and externally in all that they do. Great work life balance has been a huge asset.

Cons

Inconsistent raises across the board have led to frustration of some really great people. Lack of sponsored/focused training opportunities besides self-directed via online learning portal.

Advice to Management

Focus on the key staff you need to retain in order to stay competitive, and ensure they feel valued through appropriate raises and interesting training opportunities.

8 Nov, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Integrity is one of our four core values at Sierra. Our core values are a part of what we do each and every day. We support work life balance by providing... More

"People first, as it should be"

Pros

Sierra Systems puts people first, employees and clients. I have been with Sierra a number of years and have had many different opportunities. I have also felt challenged but supported. Sierra believes in keeping employees happy keeps clients happy, and that keeps the business happy.

Cons

It's tough to be a consulting company in this difficult economy and with all the disruptive technologies. Some times this forces you into too many tactical decisions that do not align with longer term strategy.

Advice to Management

Ask yourself, before making day-to-day decisions, does this strengthen the company long term, or just deal with a 'today' issue?

3 Jul, 2018 – HR Manager

We are happy to hear our focus on people initiatives is valued and felt! We appreciate the points you bring up about finding the right balance as a consulting firm in today's economy faced with... More