Sia Partners Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.0
Matthieu Courtecuisse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Contenu des missions peu stimulant intellectuellement et (in 15 reviews)

• Les missions peuvent parfois s'av (in 12 reviews)

1. "Innovative firm with significant growth and great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Financial Services in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Financial Services in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Sia Partners (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy way to take responsibilities and built a career
    Now it is really an international firm, with opportunities to move between offices
    Strong growth which allows different types of assignments

Cons

High growth requires more structure and internal process

Advice to Management

Very close from consultants, open to new ideas, suggestions
    Good communication and with a real view of day to day work of each employee.

2. "Best innovation environment"

Current Employee - Practice Leader in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Practice Leader in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment to grow AND explore New ideas

Cons

Growing Organisation facing small rapid growth challenges sometimes

Advice to Management

Don't let go of ou innovation culture. And keep Matthieu (CEO) as he is doing now, close to the team !

3. "Great"

Current Employee - Manager in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Manager in Paris (France)

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge professional opportunity and perspectives

Cons

Too short annual seminar !

Advice to Management

Being involved

5. "Extremely rewarding experience"

Current Employee - Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Fully entrepreneurial mindset (traversal view of the company, family spirit, etc.)
    - Quick access to responsibilities
    - Growing fast, therefore very good mood

Cons

N/A, I would recommend the company without a hesitation

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Good company. Good people."

Current Employee - Consultant in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Paris (France)

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management
    Missions (if you get lucky)
    Clear career path

Cons

Missions (if you are not lucky)

"The best advisory group I know"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before working for Sia Partners, I worked for an other advisory group and together with consultants from other companies and I can confirm that Sia is for sure the best one. We work on real and interesting projects with a lot of responsibilities. Management is available and always trying to find the best solution for our clients and for us. We have a lot of interesting internal trainings.

Cons

Number of external trainings could be increased.

Advice to Management

Even if they are always available and giving good advises, they should be trained to spend more time in coaching us.

8. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sia Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Work life and culture are awesome

Cons

Assignment can be boring from time to time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, awesome start!

"Mixed Review"

Former Employee - Head of Japan in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Head of Japan in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Sia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture, young and diverse smart and kind people, yearly club-med like seminars, was given a great opportunity to build and lead a company in a very tough mature competitive consulting market environment. Expanded my client network tremendously. Built excellent relationship with regional senior management.

Cons

No consulting capabilities and brand recongnition in Japan. Although the company apologized to me, extremely painful exit process due to a fundamental error made over employee benefits labor law. Mostly resource augmentation type consulting and very limited intellectual property knowledge base, mostly tactically regionally led with no long term strategic investment funneled into building consulting team for the new Japan office.

Advice to Management

Strenghen the governance and control. Be serious and long term thinking about investing into local consulting capabilities for new location development. Take care of your people when they exit as much as when they enter.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sia Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

young crowd and energetic culture

Cons

lots of staff augmentation in the US office, heavy compliance and IT pipeline

Advice to Management

broaden the pipeline by introducing more projects outside of compliance and IT, leverage what the Paris office is excelling with

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at Sia Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Work-life balance. Really. It’s still consulting and some days will be longer and more unpredictable than others, but you will be able to keep your private commitments during the week. Partners are good at focusing on real priorities. It is possible to spend time with your family on almost every day, or work on other initiatives of your liking. Those who claim that work-life balance is bad at Sia should try working for our competitors.

• Close to zero travel, unless you really want to – then the company has a number of good exchange programs.

• Strong matrix organization: Early specialization gives everyone a clear signature on a resume and, for those who already know what they like, the opportunity to focus on it.

• Lots of cutting edge stuff and subject matter expertise, mostly in France. We are able to compete with the big players and win.

• Compensation is somewhere between big 3 & big 4. Salary raises are a lot more generous than direct competitors, variable pay is enforced at all levels of the organization (but generally lower than competitors).

• No up or out, no forced rankings. We tend to keep people in place longer than our competitors and end up having a lot of expertise at all levels within the firm (not only at partner level).

• The organization is growing very quickly and structuring itself along the way. If you’re willing to take extra responsibilities, you might significantly influence the way your BU operates.

• Some very interesting business projects, but a good mix of networking (& luck) is necessary to get them. Do not expect the organization to do anything for you.

• Entrepreneurship is a core value of the firm: initiatives can easily get approved, failure is tolerated.

• Trainings are prepared and given by senior consultants – they are interesting and relevant. Good offering.

• All consulting firms have great team events, but this one really takes it to the next level.

Cons

• Early specialization is not good for those who want to be confronted with a lot of different topics. The breadth of your experience will be lower than at some competitors. Switching from one BU to another is very rare.

• Growth in quantity at the expense of quality. Many assignments are still IT bodyshopping or PMO, and the advertised 12 months project rotation period is not always enforced. Some people stay several years at the same client in the same role.

• Career progression and professional development is slower (more career ladders; less leadership opportunities). If your ambition is to make it to team lead/manager in 3-5 years and then move to industry, go work somewhere else.

• Support staff not up to par with the competition. Our recruiting process is not working very well.

• Staffing often feels like it is based on whoever is sitting the closest to the partner at the time of the request.

• Interactions with other people within the organization depend on their good will (not a given, as it would be within other similar firms).

• Leadership issues; not all country managers are actually managing their office.

• Matrix organization at its core; close to no centralization – the organization of your BU will entirely depend on your partners’ good will.

Advice to Management

• Reassess your country managers & partners once in a while; not all offices & practices are developing at the same pace.
    • Keep your commitment on work life balance. It’s a key differentiator.
    • Follow other KPIs than growth. Do not take all available jobs; the quality of assignments matters a lot to retain top talent.