Found 5,623 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Shoppers Drug Mart
Got a burning question about Shoppers Drug Mart? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Shoppers Drug Mart employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "one of the best things about working at shoppers drug mart is the flexible hours and the people you work with" (in 258 reviews)
- "Fun and there are great people" (in 249 reviews)
- "Helping the community through my work in the pharmacy was very rewarding and the staff was friendly" (in 224 reviews)
- "great coworkers that make the environment fun and enjoyable" (in 184 reviews)
- "Flexible and good benefits for long time." (in 164 reviews)
- "low pay; you will not have a raise unless you applied for a higher position.." (in 325 reviews)
- "poor management has lead to cranky customers and a too much theft" (in 237 reviews)
- "If you have a bad manager you will know more than her and she will complain that you didn't have time to clean." (in 120 reviews)
- "more and more work to do with low salary" (in 91 reviews)
- "Minimum wage not worth it often" (in 84 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Shoppers Drug Mart and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 1, 2023Beauty AdvisorCurrent Employee
Coworkers are amazing, great employee discount, vendor training excellent, product assortment good, hourly pay is good for position. PC Optimum points excellent.
-Store Management: varies by location and lacks consistency. Poor HR skills, low EQ/conflict management, afraid for their jobs, lack of support and leadership from the Associate Owner(s). Barriers and poor culture between the departments in the store. The “good Managers have left” or leaving -Corporate Operations: Regional Management/Specialists -terrible, not helpful or constructive, two-faced, very poor communication, authoritarian culture. -Dysfunctional product distribution, order shortages (equals poor sales opportunity) inaccuracies equals inventory errors and losses. All effect sales commission. How commission is paid is not transparent. Loblaws “do more with less” style of business operations is changing the culture and customer experience at Shoppers Drug Mart. Not a safe place to work, solutions for product theft and violent shoplifters/customers do not consider staff protection or safety. Not the great place it once was.
- 1.0Nov 28, 2023MerchandiserFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMaple Ridge, BC
Close knit community of coworkers.
Lack of communication between managers and staff, low pay, poor maintenance of staff spaces (didn't have hot water in the bathroom or even a functioning tap) and a lack of motivation to improve & rise through ranks. No room or encouragement to get promotions and no benefits unless full-time, but would not make you full-time even if you worked full-time hours.
- 3.0Sept 27, 2023Retail MerchandiserCurrent Employee
- up to 30% discount on non-sale items - can't speak for other stores, but the management at my location is reasonably good
- Constantly looming labour budget cuts since the Loblaws buyout of Shoppers. Nowadays we don't even have a dedicated night time cashier except on the busiest days, cash duty is shared between merchandiser and supervisor. There was once a time when we could regularly face the store and check for expired products, but now if you're merch then all you have time to do is stock stock stock because we're always behind. Used to be on top of planograms with full time planogram workers, but now we're constantly behind and the store's planogram is an absolute mess most of the time. Loblaws even wants the cashier to wander off from their till as much as possible so that more people use self-checkout (read: less and less need for cashiers), which leads to some situations where someone will be standing by the till waiting for you to notice them while you're busy with pointless busywork. At some point they even essentially threatened customers with cash-only tills for a bit, because we weren't making our self-checkout goals, needless to say, customers were pretty pissed about that. Anti-customer, pro-profits.
- 3.0Nov 26, 2023Sales Associate/CashierFormer Employee, more than 1 year
You don't have to have any knowledge of the products you sell in-store.
Least trusted retail in Canada. Customers do not like shopping here because of their policies like no price match and guard literally following you from aisle to aisle.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Pharmacy AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearVancouver, BC
good environment, great coworkers, good training
fast-paced, customers were mean, hours were bad sometimes
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023MerchandiserFormer EmployeeRexdale, ON
Good Management, Easy work and Supportive Co - workers
Scheduling not guaranteed, especially if you are part - time
Shoppers Drug Mart Reviews FAQs
Shoppers Drug Mart has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 5,936 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Shoppers Drug Mart to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
63% of Shoppers Drug Mart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shoppers Drug Mart 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.