Find jobs for marketing

Updated Jun 10, 2020

4.3
Shopify CEO Tobias Lütke
Tobias Lütke

"This is the most forward thinking company on planet earth. And I'm thrilled to be part of the ride."

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was hired into the company exactly one month after graduating college. Shopify was the only company I applied to after graduation, as I refused to try my hand anywhere else until I got my firm "no" from their recruiters. They were ranked as the best company in Canada of 2017, and I had really high hopes for myself. For whatever reason, I made it through the Google-esque hiring process, which felt more like a chat with an old friend than an interview at an A1 tech company. I started out as a support guru, and slowly worked my way up the support ranks over the next two years. The Guru role is very much of that of a fancy call center, with levels of business coaching peppered in. It's a tough job, but it's compensated extremely fairly for the work. I'm one of those people who "made it" from support to an internal role of the company, and it was a hell of a journey. Support took a toll on me, and I was eager to show the company how much more I was capable of. It took a couple years, but I like to think they recognize hard workers when they see one. I now work internally, and can honestly say this job was worth the two-year wait. Our benefits are incredible, or pay is competitive, and the company's vision is something I can truly get behind. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Cons

A few years ago, it would be common to work your way up from a support guru to anywhere within the organization. As the company has grown exponentially, increased competition has made internal movement exponentially more difficult- but absolutely not impossible. If you're willing to put in the work, the time, and the passion here, you will get recognized. You just have to work harder and smarter than everyone around you. If you identify a need internally that you are uniquely suited to fill, it's not unheard of to create your own job. In fact, I'd say it's encouraged.

Continue reading

"A lot of issues - especially with leads/managers"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You'll work with the most amazing people. I've met my lifelong friends here. - Working for a company that people recognize globally is great - Great perks (food is taken care of including breakfast and lunch, lifestyle benefits, health benefits, mat and pat leave is unheard of) - Work on some really great projects

Cons

- There's a huge problem with leadership. A lot of the leads that are in place should not be leading people. They don't know what they're doing and don't get proper training. - A LOT of politics. It's all about who you know and it sucks for people who just want to work hard and mind their business - The marketing department has a lot of issues they need to work on. It makes for a pretty turbulent team to be on - They don't pay for the cost of living so there are huge wage disparities within the company. They try to make it seem like you should be grateful for the other benefits - so they don't pay what they should. Especially in such an expensive city like Toronto.

Continue reading

3. "A challenging and exciting work environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great deal of responsibility and autonomy Perks, including catered breakfast and lunch

Cons

None that I can think of

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Shopify full-time

Pros

People, culture, management. I love that everyone loves working there

Cons

I had a great time there. Literally nothing I can say here

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews