Shopify Vancouver Reviews

Updated Feb 17, 2021

4.2
Shopify CEO Tobias Lütke
Tobias Lütke
  1. "Digital by Default is the new way of working"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

Work remotely, great benefits, lots of learning/growth opportunities.

Cons

Pay doesn't seem as competitive.

2. "Futuristic company"

Current Employee - Support Advisor in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home. Very supportive culture with promotes learning and development

Cons

No cons in my experience.

3. "Shopify is one of the best companies to work at"

Former Employee - Workforce Management Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Education, I started as a guru/customer support specialist and was put through a rigorous 8-week training course with many others before even starting the job. - Benefits - Stock - Culture - Remote work - I really connected with the mission and I love everything technical and being at Shopify was one of the best decisions I've ever made because now I know how to run a remote, e-commerce/SASS company.

Cons

The pay is generally less than other top tech companies due to how amazing the company is to work at, people have a hard time leaving!

January 5, 2021Social Care

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so happy to hear that you’ve had such a positive experience working at Shopify. Knowledge at Shopify is important, so having a thorough training process makes such a beneficial difference when one prepares for a new role. We are so lucky to have great benefits and amazing perks here at Shopify. It’s important for employees to be able to thrive in their work environment and feel appreciated in their position. To touch on pay; salaries are consistently reviewed at Shopify to make sure they are competitive with the current market. Our Talent team regularly assess roles within the company to ensure that all compensation is meeting the current market value and industry standard. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

4. "Burn Out is real in Support"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits were good and working from home before it was mandatory was nice

Cons

You’re just any number, particularly if you’re in a lower ranking role like support

5. "great experience with great people"

4.0
    Former Employee - Shopify Support in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity, great leadership, lots to learn

Cons

There's a big division between support and product

6. "Great Company - Low Salary"

Current Contractor - Junior Support Advisor in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Shopify for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work and learn!

Cons

Low Salary for the stressful and busy nature of live channels

"Incredible Road into Shopify"

Current Employee - Support Advisor in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, the ability to work from home, great experience, super energized opportunity to help make a difference for small and medium global business owners.

Cons

Starting wage is not reflective of the work load or the expertise required to perform at a high level in this role. Previous experience is not taken into consideration when compensation is offered.

Continue reading

December 2, 2020Social Care

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your experience! When Shopify went digital by default, it was important for all Shopify employees to feel comfortable working their role from home. It’s great that you’re loving working remotely. It means a lot to help businesses small and large to help get to their goal - we love helping merchants succeed. Feedback like this is important to help improve the employee environment. Shopify does make sure to consistently review salaries and assess roles within the company to assure that salaries are competitive and are meeting today’s market. If you are finding that your salary is not meeting expectations, be sure to reach out to your lead or HR person for more information. Again, thank you for taking time to share your feedback!

8. "Amazing benefits and good salary"

4.0
    Former Employee - Remote Shopify Guru in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, great starting salary, supportive work environment

Cons

High stress and pressure, you have to work weekends on a rotating basis

"50/50 Chance you'll end up with a great leader versus wildly inadequate leader"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay to start, great benefits, expense account

Cons

Many of the leadership were promoted out of necessity and weren't fit to lead. Lots of double standards in what they believe versus what they expect of employees. Didn't receive any support from upper management when it was needed.

October 29, 2020Social Care

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience here. Over the past few years, our internal teams have doubled in size and even now continue to grow. As with all of our internal moves, we want to provide an opportunity to stretch! Through the 2019 Engagement Initiative, we held “Lead Labs” to help level up and create support networks across Support Leadership. This program is currently being offered to support leads throughout the company. I’m sorry to hear that you did not get the support you needed while you were here! I'd be happy to look into this with you further if you like. Please do feel free to reach out via our support lines: (https://bit.ly/2ICKkCX) so you will have a formal ticket our internal support team could review. I'm glad to hear there were some positives from your time with us; our compensation package and benefits are one of the best in the industry. It's great to hear this was a positive point for you! Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, best of luck in the future.

"Great place to work, pay could be better based on the amount of work."

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong support structure from team and upper management. Mental health and self care are is very high at all levels of management and executives. Amazing health package and stock options. Very intense and in-depth training program.

Cons

Mental Health and burnout is high in this role specifically. Pay is way below what it should be especially since the amount of work can be overwhelming.

Continue reading