Shopify Toronto Reviews

Shopify CEO Tobias Lütke
Tobias Lütke
  1. "Good place"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

great culture and organisation; good pay

Cons

permanent remote working takes away the social aspect of work

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

High care environment with incredible people

Cons

Stressful. Constant changes and tight deadlines.

"To the moon"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

The company is great, WLB friendly

Cons

Wish TC was a bit higher but all things considered, pretty great

Continue reading

January 11, 2021Social Care

Hello! Maintaining a stable work/life balance is so important, especially now that we've moved to digital by default. Mental health will always come first; you need to relax and unwind so you're ready to tackle new challenges during your workday. Our Talent teams assess all roles within the company on a regular basis to ensure all compensation is competitive. However, do reach out to your HR Partner if you'd like to discuss your options! I can take your feedback regarding benefits and pass it along to our management team for review. In the meantime, be sure to check out the Digital by Default benefits section of the Vault to learn more, as there are lots of work from home benefits for our employees that have been added throughout the year. Thank you for leaving a review!

4. "Intern at Shopify"

Former Intern - Developer Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify for less than a year

Pros

Great people and culture at Shopify

Cons

Digital by default, from now on

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

- Great culture - Interesting challenges - Growth is massive right now

Cons

- Compensation is lacking when compared to US companies - WFH policy lost all the office perks

6. "great experience"

Former Employee - Support Advisor in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time

Pros

Excellent work culture, friendly interview

Cons

none that I have experienced of.

January 4, 2021Social Care

Hi, there! Thank you for sharing! It’s great that you’ve had such a positive experience. Having a healthy work environment and a strong work culture is important to helping employees thrive here at Shopify. We’re happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the interview process. Having a friendly interviewer can make all the difference when interviewing for a position. Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

7. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Junior Support Advisor in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

great training, learn a lot about the e-commerce space, a great experience for resume building

Cons

Very metrics-based and very picky

January 8, 2021Social Care

Hi! When you join our Support Advisor team, you will be fully trained in how our platform works and how you can help our merchants. However, your learning would not stop after the training process: being a perpetual learner is a key skill we value highly. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the training process so much and found so much value there! Our metrics are there to let us know where we are thriving, and which areas need our attention. They are an important factor for assisting our leadership team in making informed decisions, but they are only one aspect of many that are taken into account. Context is key here, so it is best to chat with your Team Lead if there were any external factors making it difficult for you to meet targets. They are there to help! Thank you again for the review, and best of luck in the future!

8. "Web Developer Intern"

Current Intern - Web Developer Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify for less than a year

Pros

- Great people, - Good compensation - Flexible work environment

Cons

- Becoming quite large - Slow moving - Lack of work

Continue reading
  9. "fun"

Current Employee - Self Employed in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

great company to work for, a tremendous growth

Cons

a little disorganized at times.

December 15, 2020Social Care

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your review. It sounds like you’ve had a great experience with Shopify so far. We’re so happy to hear! Shopify has scaled and is going through some big changes. Thriving on change is part of the culture here at Shopify. We understand that to learn to become comfortable with uncertainty can be challenging at times, but we are working on creating a better working environment and culture while we all grow together. Again, thank you for sharing.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

Shopify really values your growth and development so there are a lot of learning opportunities

Cons

Remote life can sometimes be difficult

December 22, 2020Social Care

Hi, there! Thank you for sharing. Growth and development has been an area of focus within Shopify in the past year. With research, feedback and team input, we have really been able to concentrate on creating a better environment for growth within Shopify. It's true that our offices were an amazing addition to our workspace. This year has been challenging and we do understand that working completely remotely has its challenges. If you’re finding that you’re feeling isolated or having a rough time, don’t hesitate to reach out to your lead, to confide in your team virtually or even use the Shopify Sidekick program to connect with different people from within Shopify. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 English Reviews