Shopify Guru (Remote) Reviews

1. 5.0

Fantastic company

Jan 16, 2021 - Customer Success Guru - Remote
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company overall. Plenty of benefits.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its pretty good

May 28, 2021 - Customer Success Guru - Remote
    Business Outlook

Pros

- flexible - really good overall company culture

Cons

- changes happen all the time

3. 4.0

Overall great company

Mar 6, 2021 - Remote Shopify Guru in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome salary and perks (Lifestyle spending account, Health and Dental Insurance), great coworkers, remote, very diverse and welcoming

Cons

Need more support for new hires especially during their mentoring

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stressful Company to work for ( Stay Away)

Mar 6, 2021 - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Brampton, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Training and Co-workers were good. Company leaders are good

Cons

Stressful Managers, have to meet quotas and lack of break time. Plus little room for improvement since there are so many gurus

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Fun if you drink the Kool Aid

Mar 8, 2021 - Remote Shopify Guru in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are nice, occasional gifts and bonuses are good.

Cons

Dreadfully racist, and extremely unrealistic expectations for employee productivity for everyone who isn't making 60k+.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0

Terrible place to work

Feb 23, 2021 - Remote Shopify Guru in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were good especially considering I left on mental health leave

Cons

Terrible toxic work environment, do not apply to be a Guru

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty good for the most part

Sep 15, 2020 - Remote Guru in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

remote, good pay, great benefits, equipment provided

Cons

mentally draining, hard to separate work from home

Social Care

Hey, there! The Support Advisor role can be tough at times; each merchant you engage with is unique and the solutions we provide for them must be tailored to their needs. This can take a lot of work! We take mental health very seriously at Shopify, it's vital that you feel happy and healthy, and that your work environment is safe and secure. We have a fully fleshed out self-help section in our internal help pages (our Vault) where you can read about how to combat Burnout, Breaking, Imposter Syndrome, and several other stressors. I notice in your review you mention you're a former employee, but you can still provide some feedback to our team if you have some suggestions! You could send us an email detailing your top feedback points, from there we will be able to get it in front of the right people: https://bit.ly/2ICKkCX. Adding 'Glassdoor' as the subject link of the email will ensure we can find your email faster. Your health will always come first! I'm glad to hear you found the compensation and benefits package to be such a positive point, this is something we pride ourselves on. Thank you again for the review, it's really appreciated!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Okay place to work overall

Jun 12, 2020 - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work with a lot of great people and are able to develop a lot of great relationships. Overall benefits are great, working from home is great.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities in support, stricter vacation guidelines compared to the rest of the company, remote culture is different from the culture in office, it's a high and fast paced environment so if it's something that you aren't used to - it may cause you anxiety.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Care

Hi, thank you for leaving a review! Career opportunities were at times difficult to identify or find. This is feedback we have acted upon! Our support team has worked together to create internal help pages that show all employees a clear and easy way they can progress in their Shopify careers. The Career Pathing Guide shows you where you currently are, where you’d like to go, and how you can get there. This means there is a huge amount of transparency around how to progress to different roles. The recent shift to Digital by Default has had a huge impact on our culture. As the majority of office employees are now also remote, we've adapted to make sure everyone feels connected. Our Events team have worked hard to create virtual meetups, guest speaker sessions, and even live music events, all online! The benefit of thriving on change is that teams like the Events team can pivot quickly to online-only meetups; which is fast becoming the new normal. We do move at a fast pace as a team which, understandably, does not suit everyone. To give the best product to our merchants, we need to change as fast as commerce is can; this means challenging ourselves to do better, questioning the best way to get things done, and constantly learning new information. Thrive on change is one of our cultural keystones here! It's so great to hear you've created some lasting relationships with your co-workers. We aim to hire like-minded, creative individuals here, friendships are bound to be struck up when those people get together! We truly believe in creating a business that is impactful, and you’ll have limited impact if you act alone: the best products come from a mix of ideas, experiences, and perspectives. Thank you again for the review and for allowing the space for discussion!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing benefits and good salary

Aug 10, 2020 - Remote Shopify Guru in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, great starting salary, supportive work environment

Cons

High stress and pressure, you have to work weekends on a rotating basis

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture and benefits, no room for growth

Sep 12, 2020 - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, awesome above and beyond benefits.

Cons

Role became more sales based than service which led to more micromanaging. Also, everyone made it seem like there was lots of room for growth but that was far from the truth.

2 people found this review helpful

Social Care

Hi, there! Thanks for the review. I'm sorry to hear you felt as if the nature of your role had changed, I can understand how that would be disheartening! In support, we need to make sure a merchant who asks for our help is getting the best assistance they can. This can sometimes mean advising them to move to a higher tiered plan to get the features they need to make their business successful. At times, we would also advise moving to a lower-tiered plan if they have just started their store, or are running a smaller business! I can understand how this can be interpreted as more sales based work, but it's not what we are aiming for: it's all about making sure the merchant is getting the best support possible. Career opportunities in the past were sometimes difficult to identify or find, which is feedback we have acted upon. Our internal support team has worked together to create internal support pages that show all employees a clear and easy way they can progress in their Shopify careers. The Career Pathing Guide will show you where you currently are, where you’d like to go, and how you can get there! This means there is a huge amount of transparency around how to progress to different roles. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our company culture and our benefits, these are things we pride ourselves on. Thank you again for the review, and best of luck in the future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews