Find jobs for Customer Success Guru

Tobias Lütke
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. They treat their entry level staff well and give great benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up since there is so much competition

"High Pressure not enough training"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success Guru in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

- decent salary and vacation days

Cons

- not enough training, its unrealistic to expect guru's to learn everything there is to know about shopify within the month of training and be able to confidently handle a phone call with shop owners - way too much stuff to know about shopify, impossible to know everything - only way to get help on a call/chat is over a messaging system but you don't get responded to quickly and are left hanging with a customer on the phone having to stall - expected to give shop owners business advice but aren't trained on any actual advice or business knowledge

Continue reading

"Don’t drink the kool aid"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Guru in Ottawa, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Shopify full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are great!

Cons

untrustworthy leadership, main focus is sales not support

Continue reading

"Stressful Company to work for ( Stay Away)"

Current Employee - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Brampton, ON

I have been working at Shopify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Training and Co-workers were good. Company leaders are good

Cons

Stressful Managers, have to meet quotas and lack of break time. Plus little room for improvement since there are so many gurus

Continue reading

"Burn Out is real in Support"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits were good and working from home before it was mandatory was nice

Cons

You’re just any number, particularly if you’re in a lower ranking role like support

6. "Fantastic company"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru - Remote

I worked at Shopify full-time

Pros

Great company overall. Plenty of benefits.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

7. "Good Opportunity"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru

I worked at Shopify full-time

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Did not have any downside

"Systematic Problems"

Former Employee - Customer Success Guru in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing Working from home offers flexibility The benefits package is impressive You'll learn more than you ever thought possible

Cons

Working from home can be isolating Being remote means you don't get paid as much as someone working in the office (and they don't keep up with cost of living - hope you like making the same salary for 5 years straight) When perks are given company-wide, Support is usually excluded, or given a watered-down version Perks don't pay the bills, but are included when they evaluate your compensation and tell you it's "on par with industry standard" Growth outside of Support is all but impossible. Success stories exist but are maybe 1% Chokehold on scheduling - good luck trying to take a vacation or even take a pee break when you need it Decision makers are far removed from the front line. The Shopify they talk about publicly doesn't exist. Major changes happen daily. Support lives in chaos. Huge decisions are made and then walked back within hours You're expected to keep track of changes but given no time to do so Management's perception of what the job is vs the reality of what it actually is differ appallingly No metrics for success, no consistency in evaluation. Raises based on "impact", but "impact" is undefined and raises are so rare that most people think assume don't exist. Leadership with minimal training, human resources issues abound and don't get handled appropriately Gaslighting happens everywhere - you'll be told there's no issue and everything is fine, even as you're struggling to stay afloat Senior/Executive management is 90 + % white and male. No interest in differing perspectives or changing status quo at the top. Support workers are expendable

Shopify Response

November 2, 2020Social Care

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and we're sorry that you didn't have the experience we hope to give every Shopify employee. We work hard to create an environment where everyone belongs and we need difficult conversations like this to make sure we embody our value of thriving on change. You're right that Shopify is a demanding environment, and that the expectations are high. While we do our best to provide competitive wages and benefits, we also need to know where we fall short. Like you mentioned in your review, changes happen all the time, and we're committed to changing for the better. We want to always reflect the world we all live in and will continue to show our commitment to this as we continue to grow and shift.

"Okay place to work overall"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success Guru - Remote in Toronto, ON

I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work with a lot of great people and are able to develop a lot of great relationships. Overall benefits are great, working from home is great.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities in support, stricter vacation guidelines compared to the rest of the company, remote culture is different from the culture in office, it's a high and fast paced environment so if it's something that you aren't used to - it may cause you anxiety.

Shopify Response

November 10, 2020Social Care

Hi, thank you for leaving a review! Career opportunities were at times difficult to identify or find. This is feedback we have acted upon! Our support team has worked together to create internal help pages that show all employees a clear and easy way they can progress in their Shopify careers. The Career Pathing Guide shows you where you currently are, where you’d like to go, and how you can get there. This means there is a huge amount of transparency around how to progress to different roles. The recent shift to Digital by Default has had a huge impact on our culture. As the majority of office employees are now also remote, we've adapted to make sure everyone feels connected. Our Events team have worked hard to create virtual meetups, guest speaker sessions, and even live music events, all online! The benefit of thriving on change is that teams like the Events team can pivot quickly to online-only meetups; which is fast becoming the new normal. We do move at a fast pace as a team which, understandably, does not suit everyone. To give the best product to our merchants, we need to change as fast as commerce is can; this means challenging ourselves to do better, questioning the best way to get things done, and constantly learning new information. Thrive on change is one of our cultural keystones here! It's so great to hear you've created some lasting relationships with your co-workers. We aim to hire like-minded, creative individuals here, friendships are bound to be struck up when those people get together! We truly believe in creating a business that is impactful, and you’ll have limited impact if you act alone: the best products come from a mix of ideas, experiences, and perspectives. Thank you again for the review and for allowing the space for discussion!

10. "People are nice"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Guru

I have been working at Shopify full-time

Pros

The people are nice yes

Cons

five words are the minimum

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews