Sheridan Nurseries Reviews
79% would recommend to a friend
(74 total reviews)
49% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management was awful." (in 6 reviews)
- "Long hours during their busy season." (in 5 reviews)
- "minimum wage, it's okay for students but they have very little to offer besides minimum wage in the experience department." (in 4 reviews)
- "Low pay, minimum wage (although this is to be expected for summer jobs), Very little room for advancement, poorly managed" (in 3 reviews)
- "Training is informal, would benefit from formal training" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sheridan Nurseries and is not affected by filters.
Found 74 of over 93 reviews
Updated Oct 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMississauga, ON
friendly staff who are patient and will teach you everything about the plants/product being sold
working in the extreme heat
- 2.0Apr 4, 2023Sales Associate/CashierFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMississauga, ON
Not many. Friendly co-workers, decent pay for what you do.
Bad management, they are pretty rude - think very little of you.
- 3.0Mar 7, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
People I worked with were wonderful and knowledgable
Management was awful. They were selfish gods that hung out in their air conditioned office and very much cliquey
- 5.0Dec 28, 2022SalesCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMississauga, ON
great staff and you spend a lot of time outside. They are very generous with their hours given, even if you just started. Very generous with the amount of breaks given.
Very long hours. Most shifts are about 8 hours, which isn’t ideal if you don’t like working long hours.
- 4.0Feb 1, 2023CoordinatorFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Positive work environment, work life balance, room for growth, good leadership, fair work load and salary.
Disconnect between departments, slow approval process for change
Sheridan Nurseries Reviews FAQs
Sheridan Nurseries has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 93 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Sheridan Nurseries to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of Sheridan Nurseries employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sheridan Nurseries 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.