Self Made Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Self Made Marketing Reviews

Updated 17 Jun 2019

3.9
Self Made Marketing CEO Flosusm Smith (no image)
Flosusm Smith

"EXCITING GROWTH AND AMAZING CULTURE"

Current Employee - Administrative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Self Made Marketing part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been an administrator with Self Made Marketing, Inc. going on 5 years. Flosusm is an amazing CEO all around, communication has been key. I was able to see so much growth within the business, from those who started at entry level to seeing them become director of operations. The culture and atmosphere is nothing short of amazing.

Cons

You will need to be able to adapt to change, change is great!

Self Made Marketing2019-06-17

"Growth and Oppurtunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time

Pros

I honestly was skeptical coming in with my understanding of the company, and after weeks of engagement, I found myself understanding much more and seeing very fast progress in myself. Very positive and fun environment, I never worked at a job where the people i work along side with looked to help each other so much on a daily basis. Within my first 2 months here, ive already gotten the chance to fly out... to Dallas where I've never been before and MAN was that an experience. Looking forward to see what happens next!

Cons

The only con I see is the fact that this opportunity does challenge you, all for the right reasons. The fact it easily exposes the slackers vs hard workers. Someone once told me that the more you give, the more you get. I think this opportunity is a prime example of that statement.

Advice to Management

Keep listening the way you do, most managers don't listen from their employees, one thing I enjoy about management is they understand how important the voice of an employee is. Thanks

Self Made Marketing2018-04-19

"Best decision of my career life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the... minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing, Flo. Keep it up.

Self Made Marketing2017-11-07

"Growth opportunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The thing I LOVE the most about Self Made Marketing Group is that I have grown so much with in the comapany and personal as well. I have learned a lot in the past 3 years that I have been working with Mr. Flosusm Smith and his amazing team. Of course my journey has been slightly hard but I applied my self and everything that I learned in the business and my life and I can actually say that I am pretty successful for... my age.

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing. I am the happiest I have ever been .

Self Made Marketing2017-08-24

"POSITIVE COMPANY"

Administrative in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Self Made Marketing

Pros

I really enjoy working for self made! Self-Made is a goal oriented company, they set you up for success. Before I started working for this company I was a little confused as to what I wanted for my future, however with the help of self-made and the needed training I was able to set realistic goals. Self made focuses on growth opportunities, everyone has an equal opportunity to be successful in the company. I love my... job 

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about the company, positive vibes only if your a negative person you wont succeed with self made

Advice to Management

Office :)

Self Made Marketing2016-05-12

"Psychotherapist"

Executive, Professional Evaluator, Supervision in Amityville, NY

I have been working at Self Made Marketing for more than 10 years

Pros

create job model, supervision, program planning, execution and evaluation, staff enrollment, executive overview, interpersonal relations on all levels of employment,

Cons

no alternative evaluations, need alternative and differential levels of feedback, inter-level, inter-position and open communication between all levels necessary for optimum success

Advice to Management

to balance self and other evaluations, openly elicit feedback between all levels of employment, keep open communication by written, verbal and anonymous feedback

Self Made Marketing2015-11-15

"Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Self Made Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Pay if you are into being a sales rep.

Cons

long hours on your feet

Self Made Marketing2015-10-21

"Enterprise Architedture and Management Consultant"

Enterprise Architect and Management Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Self Made Marketing for more than 8 years

Pros

Promoting and delivering products to clients on schedule and complying to requirements.

Cons

Drain of energy to continually search for engagements.

Advice to Management

hire me and I'll resolve your most important issues for your clients.

Self Made Marketing2015-09-10

"Glad I found this opportunity"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity for growth and advancement, Great credible clients, A lot of bonuses and you control how much you make its Hourly plus commission last week I made $1000 and I worked only 35 hours!

Cons

A lot of conference calls, some last for 30 minutes others an hour 2-3 times a week. The conference calls give you a lot of info on how to grow they are great but time consuming

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, you motivate me everyday I come to work to see someone at your age accomplish what you have and be able to help other people grow is huge. Flo always keeps it straight forward that's why I love working here!

Self Made Marketing2015-08-18

"“Truly a Career with Growth ”"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing

Pros

I had just graduated college in with a double major in Economics and Marketing and a minor in Management from East Bay-Hayward and knew I wanted a career with a company that would have opportunities to grow and advance within. I interviewed with many "Marketing" firms in the greater East Bay area, but most of them were door to door, B2B or even straight commission with little if any guaranteed base for me to live... off of. By the time I interviewed with SSMG I was skeptical and felt like every "Marketing" firm was a scam or hoax to lure recent grads into. It was a breath of fresh air to talk to Sherrell, interview with Flo and to be offered a position with a truly competitive salary and also weekly bonuses and incentives. The team was fun and upbeat focusing on goals, work ethic, and development. I fit in almost immediately and within 6 weeks was promoted into a Corporate Trainer position. During college I had worked with several corporate companies part time, and honestly was prepared for a stuffy environment when I started my career. To my surprise we would go bowling, go out to eat and just get together away from work to have fun and unwind. I just watched our managers go to Mexico for a retreat, the Super Bowl, and they are about to go to Vegas all-expenses paid. We just expanded to San Ramon and have 3 other Corporate Trainers getting close to Assistant Manager promotions. I can't believe that I almost didn't go to the interview because of the experiences I had with other "Marketing" firms.

Cons

Working with only Fortune 100 clients the team does have to make sure to protect the brands we represent. So making sure we clearly understand the clients, the products & services is incredibly important. The Corporate Trainers are great at making sure we know all of this information before we begin representing the clients, but it does take some practice

Advice to Management

Thank you for being a unique company in San Ramon for me to start my career with. Between the hard work, fun outings and conferences we get to attend, I have seen myself grow into a leader I would want to follow any day. I am excited to continue to grow and that I made the decision to start wit SSMG last year.

Self Made Marketing2015-02-25