Secure Energy Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
43% would recommend to a friend
(10 total reviews)
78% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to with every day" (in 17 reviews)
- "Pay was decent and fair." (in 10 reviews)
- "benefits were good" (in 6 reviews)
- "Its a great culture." (in 5 reviews)
- "Awesome teams, benefits start your first day, pay is inline with the rest of the oilfield services, fun atmosphere to work in" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Secure Energy Services and is not affected by filters.
Found 10 of over 132 reviews
Updated Nov 16, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Mar 13, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCalgary, AB
-Work/life balance -Health benefits -Training Opportunities I'm extremely pleased about how I've been treated while at SECURE Energy Services. I was previously unhappy in a different department within the company, but was proactively transferred to another position in another department where my assets are better suited towards the new role and my new managers are very perceptive.
Depending on the department, sometimes the salary or hourly compensation isn't quite up to industry standard.
- 5.0Jul 9, 2021Lead Operator%2FSite SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGrande Prairie, AB
Holds on to staff when economy slows. High value for safety, environment and work life balance.
Pay less that other company's in the industry.
- 4.0Sept 3, 2022Operator ICurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLe Havre, Normandy
Work life balance Benefits Safety On the job training
Pay structure eliminates almost any OT. Minimal perks for working remotely.
- 1.0May 25, 2016Labourer/OperatorFormer Employee
Very few, good for those new to the industry to get experience then leave. the sooner the better. don't "stick it out" it doesn't get better here.
Terrible schedule and work/life balance, bounce from project to project with no notice at the drop of a hat or idea of what you will be doing then left to sit FOR WEEKS on end when not needed without pay or the option to be laid off while more favored 'boy's club' employee's work steady without merit. Terrible communication and arrogance from management in office that feels lying , manipulating and intimidating their field staff to meet their needs is how you build a successful company. would not recommend, frankly don't waste your time here, look harder for something else that will actually build yourself up and not tear you down and run you into the ground.1
- 5.0Sept 19, 2018Corporate OfficeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Lots of team building events, excellent community support raising money for many different worthy causes. They promote from within. Room for advancement. Great work life balance and the ability to work from home.
There are issues in the finance department specifically with in AP management and noone seems to do anything about it. Low performing staff is kept on even though they do not fit within the Secure culture. High turnover in finance department due to poor middle management.
- 4.0Sept 19, 2016Mud EngineerFormer EmployeeCalgary, AB
Good money, Good people, decent benefits
Away from home, not very good work life balance but that is true for most oilfield service companies.
- 5.0Sept 16, 2020Training and Competency ManagerCurrent EmployeeCalgary, AB
People, Work life balance, culture, safety, opportunity
Low compensation, tough industry, poor benefits relative to other in O&G
- 3.0Sept 21, 2021Lead OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsWhitecourt, AB
Decent Pay, Advancement opportunities, Work Truck
commute, bad shift rotation, work/home life balance, wage rollbacks