What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with." (in 15 reviews)
- "Good Pay" (in 10 reviews)
- "Decent benefits, time off, free exposure to chemicals, might get a jacket if you are a brown noser" (in 10 reviews)
- "Its a great culture." (in 8 reviews)
- "Great team, great people, everyone knows how to have fun and get things done." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Secure Energy Services and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
Found 33 of over 129 reviews
Updated Aug 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jul 6, 2018Facilities EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Good technical team. People are helpful Friendly and relaxed environment Good development opportinities
Sometimes can get over loaded with work for months. Lack to senior technical guidance Pay is not matched with APEGA pay survey, sometimes pay is below APEGA's average pay.
- 4.0May 10, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good people to work with Laid back atmosphere
Management has poor communication Management gives a run a round when asking questions
- 1.0Dec 1, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Had a good local group of people who were all hard-working and supportive. Great office with a fairly-relaxed work environment.
Near constant turnover. The resources were never put in place for success. Slow to remove poor performers, stifling progress. Benefits are a complete disaster. No training program. Drive-by senior management.2
- 4.0Jan 25, 2021EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Good people to work with.
Sometimes a poor attitude amongst colleagues, but that's easily overcome by having a good attitude.
- 3.0Jan 22, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good place for younger people to gain experience.
An exaggerated division between field workers and field supervisors....fear based culture.
- 5.0Oct 19, 2017MIdstream AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Secure has an amazing company culture where you enjoy coming to work everyday. The people you work with truly care about you and provide you with all the tools you need to develop a successful career. There is plenty of opportunity at Secure to shadow fellow employees and learn more than your specific role.
There isn't a bad thing I can say about my time at Secure.
- 3.0Jun 23, 2022Facility ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsDrayton Valley, AB
Good pay. Great people to work with.
Too much corporate debt. Company needed to reorganize.1
- 4.0Jul 16, 2020Drilling Fluids EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Lots of smart people to learn from. Many opportunities to try different projects. Flexible work environment.
There were minimal upward movement opportunities.
- 3.0Jun 4, 2022Environmental ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCalgary, AB
Company events, decent work culture at Blackfoot office. People are willing to help and go above and beyond. The safety culture is one of the best I have seen.
No company direction, no growth, nepotism prevails, low pay, useless HR (SK), known as an energy company but more of a waste management company. No communication within divisions. Salary cuts of VPs are equivalent to those of regular employees.