SaskTel "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

SaskTel Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.1
SaskTel President and CEO Doug Burnett (no image)
Doug Burnett
Pros
Cons
  • "I wish they offer full time job(in 8 reviews)

• "Part time hours have not been the best as of late for the consumer side(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great pay stressful job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saskatoon, SK

I worked at SaskTel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay and benefits were great

Cons

Took 6 years to get full time Very stressful

SaskTel2019-10-18
  2. "Good place to work depending on your job title/department"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Regina, SK

I have been working at SaskTel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive wages. Flexible work hours and allow working from home. I have an excellent manager so I am not micro-managed and she allows a lot of freedom with time off and is extremely supportive of her employees when we have heavy workloads or are in a high-stress, high-pressure situation trying to resolve a production issue. Not all managers are like that though...

Cons

They make themselves sound much better than they really are. I went from a part-time to a full-time employee and lost all of my vacation benefits for a year?? Had no vacation at all for an entire year. The health benefits they offer don't even close to cover my vision and drug costs. For a company that says they offer these great benefits, there are catches and loopholes... I work in IT and some teams are extremely busy and stressed, like my team, whereas other teams are bored and have members twiddling their thumbs all day. They need to work on placing people where the work is. I am not micro-managed at all, my manager is great however it does depend on what team you are on as other managers are much more involved. I have heard horror stories from the call centre and retail store reps of hours being cut and unattainable stats being required so I would steer clear of those areas unless something changes.

SaskTel2019-07-17
  3. "Salary"

I worked at SaskTel part-time

Pros

Salary, benefits, employees are great

Cons

Will never get on full time. Hours range from 10 to 35 a week

Advice to Management

None

SaskTel2018-08-02

"Inbound Sales"

Inbound Sales Representative in Regina, SK

I have been working at SaskTel for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Salary and Management Everything is Just Great!!

Cons

I wish they offer full time job

SaskTel2018-05-11

"Sales service Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at SaskTel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment, friendly co workers and helping management. It provides excellent benefits, the job work/life balance is optimum.

Cons

Competition is stiff when you want to move up the corporate ladder and seniority counts a lot. Hard time to get full time position

SaskTel2017-04-20
  6. "Inbound Customer Service Rep"

I worked at SaskTel

Pros

- Great pay - flexible with student hours - great benefits for health, dental care, retirement, investment, and lesiure! - Worked full time even though as hired as part-time

Cons

- Dealing with the customers - Constant stress on time with customers - cannot work more than 35 hours

Advice to Management

Very political so not much input can be made from the position.

SaskTel2017-01-30

"good pay doesn't make"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Regina, SK

I worked at SaskTel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, well-known company(locally), learn quite a lot, opportunities to grow...if you're lucky...and patient enough

Cons

Work like a dog You can't refuse to go to work if they call you, even though the day wasn't pre-scheduled. Well, actually you can refuse but just limited to a very few times a month. And for the busy season, they will call you almost every day! Casual part time position will work like a full time without full benefits....think about that!...how smart is SaskTel Need to keep up with your stat... If you fall behind, you will be in real trouble, lots of pressure. The manager is there to monitor you, and helps push your performance anyway he/she can!

Advice to Management

Hire more full time positions, don't gain advantage of hiring lots of casual position to pay less benefit because the work is obviously overload. The official website sucks!....Can a crown corporation with $1-billion revenue hire someone to make a good website????

SaskTel2012-08-06
  8. "Takes 8-10 years to land a permanent job."

Cst in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at SaskTel

Pros

-Not bad pay -Hard working employees -Good benefits

Cons

-Near impossible to get hired and stay employed ( if you survive all your first temporary term positions without layoffs ) -Unionized environment -Time it takes to get a full time permanent job 8-10yrs -No "budget" for almost every company incentive ie "job sharing/out of hours education" -Difficult to schedule family time off -No real direction from management -No faith in job stability, casual part time status for 5-10 years is ridiculous -Advancement opportunities- all that matters is seniority -Doesn't seem like middle management have any power for change ( just there to pass messages down from executive ) even if they don't agree with it

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get young, qualified people in this company to be there for the future. It is not acceptable to be a casual part time worker for 5+ years, most people are looking elsewhere.

SaskTel2011-06-24
  9. "meat grinder"

Help Desk in Moose Jaw, SK

I have been working at SaskTel

Pros

the pay and the people were good training is good if you are full time!

Cons

work hours, polictics ,and stats coffee breaks timed down to the second. big difference between full time and part time employees

Advice to Management

get rid of the union.

SaskTel2011-02-10