Sapphire Technologies Reviews

Sapphire Technologies President Robert M. Dickey
Robert M. Dickey

1. Great Company, Great people, Great work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

You work as part of a team. Its competitive but motivating - well rewarding Great benefits and perks in working for Sapphire Socially responsible company

Cons

- sometimes there is no work balance (depending on how badly you want the sale) - sometimes the cash flow is low due to it being a recession

Advice to Management

- offer tips and techniques - our success is your success! - keep up the recognition / perks - well appreciated!!!

2. The first 5 years were great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

If you are new to Recruiting, great place to learn Not the best place for people with experience - you can get paid much more for the same job somewhere else The people were good (not so much anymore)

Cons

Can't trust anyone, especially management Very fraternized (if you're "in", you can get away with anything) Most people are treated unfairly All they care about are numbers, and then only this month's numbers Management treats employees like children

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees Get rid of your current crop of middle management - horrible Trust your employees, be flexible

3. It cost me money to work for these jerks

Current Employee - IS Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - IS Analyst in Toronto, ON

Pros

Their recruiters are very Friendly They are ready to promise the world They can get you contracts Their offices are very nice inside

Cons

The friendliness ends when you ask why you haven't been paid two pay periods in a row. They are completely disorganised, be prepared to receive numerous calls of "Oh, i forgot when i called 5 minutes ago, we need..." and then be prepared for them to lose, misfile, delay submitting, etc whatever you are asked to provide. They Collect enough information from you to get a passport and mortgage in your name but it still is not enough to process your pay.. What other employer asks for a previous t4??????

Advice to Management

If you pay people the wages set out in the contracts they sign at the times in those contracts, they won' involve the labour board, the salaries you pay are much cheaper than the fines, save yourselves a buck or two.

5. supervisor

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff was easy to work with

Cons

Didn't stand up for their employees

Advice to Management

aadfd

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Vienna, VA (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the work hard play harder attitude that people had. Definitely a work hard environment but still very fun and employees are given the opportunity to succeed if they so choose.

Cons

When I was there the Vienna, Va office had a lot of turn over with management which was difficult... The branch manager when I started was terrible but a new guy transferred from Richmond, and he was great...

7. Typical headhunting recruiting company

Pros

Pays fast until end client pays. No paycheck delays. I had a good experience with theirs hiring managers, professional and helpful.

Cons

This is a bear-bone low level company if you're a contracting through them. No benefits, or let me say, you-pay-in-ful-out-of-your-pocket benefits. They dont provide good pay rates either.

Advice to Management

If you making a lot on a contractor, please provide at least a decent level of benefits, so people can stick with you.

8. Pretty typical traditional staffing firm

Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good first staffing job. The training by the manager was decent. The offices were great. The tech support guy was awesome.

Cons

unprofessional branch manager. too concerned with numbers and margins. And she played favorites in the office which caused animosity among employees.

Advice to Management

Understand what is going on better in the branches. Don't just be concerned with the numbers.

9. Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA (US)
    Former Employee - National Accounts Recruiter in Woburn, MA (US)

I worked at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sapphire invests in their employees with training, rewards etc.

Cons

I left because I personally did not like recruiting and found it was not a job for me, but I loved my time at Sapphire. Loved the company the people and the culture just wish I could have had a different day to day job within the company.

10. Good company to work with

Current Employee - Trainer
    Current Employee - Trainer

I have been working at Sapphire Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Attentive - prompt paying, pleasant staff

Cons

No help in securing follow-on work

11. Worse Placement Company I've ever dealt with

Former Employee - Contrator in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Contrator in Denver, CO (US)

Pros

They pay in US dollars, they found work somewhat in my skill set and that I was capable of doing.

Cons

Hired me and left me. Nobody was there when I started; three hours of sitting in a lobby. Once I was showed to a desk neither the person who showed or Sapphire every came by to see it. I was in the middle of production support. The recruiter who got me never came by once despite promises other wise, and in fact would come on site and not see how a new person was doing. When this lack of communication and bad work environment lead me to leave, I was threatened being told I would never get a job in Denver CO again. To this day they obstruct new jobs opportunities. I would never recommend this place. It's the worse working experience I've ever had.

Advice to Management

You need to train you recruiters. It was quite clear I was just dollar signs to the one that worked me with. No even fake care about me as person was every given.

RSS Feed </> Embed