Sandvine Reviews

Found 296 of over 318 reviews

3.5
Sandvine CEO Lyn Cantor
Lyn Cantor
Pros
  • "Great people, free food and beer if that's your thing, fun events going on in the office(in 27 reviews)

• "Smart people, working with new technology, very broad way of working(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can go for a toss that's obvious due to current situation(in 20 reviews)

• "They are controlled by Waterloo management and you never know when is your last day at this company(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Place to Work!

Dec 29, 2020 - Customer Support in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-supportive work environment -lots of opportunities to learn and grow -Management team is great to work with and learn from.

Cons

It's nice to see women are being promoted into leadership roles in the company and it would be great to see that trend continue.

2 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We agree that we have a supportive environment with a lot of opportunities to learn new things. Diversity in our organization, has and continues, to be a focus for us. Best Regards, Ashley Sharp VP of Human Resources

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to Work!

Aug 25, 2021 - Senior Director in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Rewarding culture inspired by it's Leadership - Being on the forefront of multiple technology turns - Products which takes customers to a better place - Products which are best in class making competition pale - Inspiring work culture with good collaboration with inclusive management layers - Having the main Superstar of all Creative Directors in the world onboard!

Cons

Continued fasted paced investments can cause some churn here and there

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you for the positive review and for the reminder that we need to seek feedback from our key players on ways to keep improving.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great work environment

Aug 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Remote Management/leadership Understanding Sandvine is a great place to work, they’re well managed and truly make you feel valued.

Cons

Not many cons as it is a good place to work. Salaries are a bit low Vacation and benefits are average, maybe even below average

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review! It is great to hear when our leaders ensure an associate feels valued.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Last one out turn off lights

Jul 13, 2021 - Devops Engineer in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a good company when 1.0. Then the others came. Now just another place for money.

Cons

Attrition and firings continue. Fake positive reviews continue from India where all jobs going to..

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Don't bother

May 17, 2021 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just another Waterloo hi-tech company. Nothing special unless you include the free beer and whiskey

Cons

Jobs being outsourced to India at a rapid rate. All these positive reviews are obvious plants by HR shills that sound like a copy/paste from a marketing pdf or job description.

13 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

I am very sorry to hear that you feel so negatively about the organization. We do not plant reviews, but we do encourage current and former employees to leave feedback, both positive and negative. Best of luck in your future endeavors, Ashley Sharp

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Mixed experience

May 14, 2021 - Analyst in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great Excellent perks

Cons

Salary is non competitive No RRSP matching for Waterloo employees No stock options

8 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your perspective and with you the best in whatever is next for you. Best Regards, Ashley Sharp

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good momentum towards Cloud and 5G

May 7, 2021 - Assistant Vice President Engineering in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Sandvine for more than 8 years now, on a couple of different countries/locations, and managed development for multiple product lines. The company has been constantly evolving both its technology as well as people and process wise. I have been part of transformation from waterfall to agile with scrum, going from 1.0 Architecture to 2.0, evolving from DPI to Network Intelligence and now Service Innovation. Lately Sandvine has been making good progress towards support of 5G deployments, as well as Cloud - both VNF and CNF, and I believe it has good momentum. As a new Software Engineer joining us you will have the opportunity to work on various platforms and learn new skills. You will be challenged and encouraged to grow. If you are in the beginning of your career you will find others more experienced ready and happy to help, and first level managers which are good coaches. Management has an open door policy, so talking to someone at my level about your experience and ideas to make things better is possible any given day, and appreciated - we only succeed together! If something like Cloud Native or Kubernetes has been on your list, now you can work on it. If your interest is more towards Analytics and Machine Learning, we have open positions for that as well. If you think Security is interesting, we are evolving that. We know you have many choices for your career, and part of us being here is to make sure you can contribute and share in Sandvine's success and future as well!

Cons

Remote work only at present time but that will change once pandemic is over.

2 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback! We have several openings in North America that requires expertise in 5G, Cloud, and Kubernetes. Please check out our Canada, USA, India, Middle East, and other country openings on LinkedIn.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

This is a sinking ship, stay away.

May 6, 2021 - Software Engineer in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

It may be suitable for anyone interested in a mediocre job that provides no career growth and pays little. Bonus tip: Your job can be outsourced to India, so stash some cash already :-)

Cons

In short this is a sinking ship, stay away. If you can not find any job "WAIT", do not join this crap company. Engineers: It's not a place where people engineer products. It's where engineers just sit and waste time. If you join this company and then later try and look for a new job, one question is common: What is the biggest challenge that you solved? You won't have any answer for this one. You will learn almost nothing in this company. So don't even consider this as step for something better in future. Middle management: These people are equivalent to "shepherds", their job is to get something done out of demotivated engineers. Anyone who can herd sheep is promoted to manager. Even worse, people who only know how to herd sheep and have no engineering talent whats so ever are managers at this company. And these "shepherds" constantly undermine good engineers who can make a difference. So that makes more demotivated engineers and people leave. 99% of good engineers have left. Now there is just sheep left, waiting to become shephards. Upper management: Now this is the cream of sandvine. No outsiders allowed. You don't get promoted to VP etc. You got to be a school friend, best buddy with other VP's (outside sandvine). Nepotism is not a strong enough word for this group. Upper management is a group of toothless people and their job is to keep their job safe. So they do ideas / products that they know will fail, but continue just so that they can buy a few more years for themselves (not company). Execs: Have no idea how to run a company. One disaster after other. Burning VC capital, lol that must be fun.

14 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience in our organization. Sincerely, Ashley Sharp HR VP

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Problematic at best

Apr 18, 2021 - Anonymous in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and some good people still left

Cons

It often seems their only goal is cost-cutting. This is reflected in all the R&D jobs being moved to Bangalore. They have also been laying off their highest earners and distributing the workload amongst existing employees. High turnover rate is a direct result of overworked employees who are paid less than they deserve because the company withholds promotions. Morale is low.

13 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear that feel so negatively about our organization. While it may not be possible to change your perspective, it is worth pointing out that we are not moving all of our R&D jobs to Bangalore. In fact, we have recently hired many new people in Waterloo into R&D and are recruiting to fill several new open positions. If you are willing, I’d like to hear more about your experiences so that we can continue to work to being our best. I can be reached via email at asharp@sandvine.com. Sincerely, Ashley Sharp

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

There is nothing good here.

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people are great, but without offices or travel, it's not enough to stay.

Cons

Upper management and the senior leadership team refuses to be held accountable and aren't interested in making a difference or fixing issues. There is a clear exit strategy: put everything they can into profit, regardless of ethics, in order to make the company look appealing enough to sell. Clearly, it hasn't been working in their favor as it's now 3+ years into their new "strategy" and they are still struggling. It's an Old Boys Club where nepotism will get you further than competence. Many good leaders have left because of this and it's clear based on the amount of turnover over the last 2 years that others feel the same. If you aren't a "yes man" to the senior leadership team, your days will be numbered or you will get demoted. Ethics don't exist here. Look at what happened in Belarus and that tells you everything you need to know. HR is incompetent and sides with management in all cases. Don't brother bringing up anything that needs to be addressed because it will get shut down if one of the "boys" gets wind of it. There is no culture here and it is a shell of what it once was. HR clearly pushes people to write positive reviews, so take that how you may. Salary and benefits leave a lot to be desired. There is no work-life balance. You are expected to work weekends if your manager contacts you, even if it's a non emergency and can wait until Monday.

15 people found this review helpful

VP Human Resources

I appreciate the sharing of your perspectives. I am disappointed to hear about the people related topics. Our intent in HR is to be impartial by listening to all sides of a situation to help arrive at mutually beneficial solutions for our associates and leaders. If that is not what you experienced, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to understand your situation so that we can continue to work to be the best we can be. You can reach me directly at asharp@sandvine.com Thank you, Ashley Sharp

Viewing 1 - 10 of 296 Reviews