Cover image for Sanctuary AI

4.6
100% Recommend to a Friend

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

4.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've ever worked

Nov. 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission is mind-boggling in its scope and ambition. I see day over day progress as the AI system gets smarter and smarter. This increasingly feels to me like the place where AGI is going to spark first. If you are looking for meaning in your work this is the place for you.

Cons

Astoundingly difficult technical challenges, only for hardcores, this is not a place for you if you don't want to fully commit.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing startup that is truly mission-driven

Nov. 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Working with some of the best minds in the industry, which also encourages personal growth (e.g. we have recurring company-wide discussions that explore themes that encourage you to expand your own knowledge and thoughts) • Walking the talk of prioritizing the mission at the forefront of everything that we do—something that is very rare to find in the private sector • Engaging in work that is meaningful and will not only bring huge positive impacts to the world, but also provide a paradigm shift in how people can be augmented by robots! • Being able to have some fluffy friends during work can be really pleasant (dog-friendly office!)

Cons

• The new category of human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that we have created is fast-paced, demanding, and requires adaptability—those who enjoy a challenge in their work will find this very rewarding, but I realize some do not • Since we are currently in a growth stage, there are some growing pains such as an overly crowded office on some days (however I'm looking forward to our brand new office soon!) • Unlike most companies in the private sector, Sanctuary really focuses on achieving the mission. So if you are someone who is not value-driven, this might not be the best work place for you

3. Join the Sanctuary AI team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Work Environment & Inspiring Leadership Team

Nov. 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The work is very interesting and ground-breaking; even if you're not working hands-on with the technology, it's an incredible learning experience - The mission of the company is admirable and is in line with my own values - The leadership team is stacked with industry experts who are very knowledgeable and motivating - The people are welcoming, intelligent, and great team players

Cons

Like most startups, the work environment is fast-paced and dynamic. Tasks change on a daily basis, which is great for someone like me. I consider this a pro but not everyone would.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good work environment. Supportive culture. Excellent leadership.

Aug. 18, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I feel supported in my roles - I have the resources needed to achieve my goals - I feel respected by my coworkers

Cons

- Work load may be a bit tough - There is a high expectation (could also be a good thing) - Intense work can be daunting

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great people, amazing work

Jun. 26, 2022 - Software Co-Op in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to work first hand with cutting edge technologies. It's clear management cares about the company employees, even as an intern I feel valued and respected. Very experienced and knowledgeable higher ups, and lots of room for professional growth, an amazing experience working on really really cool stuff. I can't say enough good things about the CTO.

Cons

Workload can be quite intense. Fast growth startup, so definitely has room for improvement as far as HR practices, etc go, but I think this will improve with time and is already getting better. Salary for interns is quite low, especially when considering the qualifications and skills required for this role, and the fact that we are treated like FT employees otherwise.

7. 5.0

Pioneering AI Through Robotics

Apr. 12, 2022 - Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

It feels amazing to be a part of a company that is pushing the boundaries of what is possible with robotics and artificial intelligence. This has been the most exciting company to be a part of in my career. Sure the challenge is complex, but it's just a matter of engineering.

Cons

Every startup has limited resources and finite time to launch a product. Thankfully the team is highly collaborative and our leadership works to get us the resources we need to be successful.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Poor leadership

Jan. 29, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative work which keeps you engaged

Cons

Leadership doesn't care about you personally. You are a means to an end.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Impactful, Ground-Breaking, Rewarding, Innovative, and Exciting

Nov. 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I get to work on something that will have such a profound impact on society through technology - Everyone is highly skilled and competent in their own area of specialty and they genuinely want to do the right thing and help others out

Cons

- Trail-blazing a new industry is not for everyone and it takes dedication, commitment, and optimism

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews