- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Nigeria - All Cities
- - Borno
- - Maiduguri, Nigeria Area
- - Maiduguri, Borno
- United States - All Cities
- - Maryland
- - Salisbury, MD, United States Area
- - Salisbury, MD
- - Bishopville, MD
- - Washington, DC , United States Area
- - Clinton, MD
- - Burke, VA
- - Baltimore, MD, United States Area
- - Baltimore, MD
- - Virginia
- - Norfolk, VA, United States Area
- - Newport News, VA
- - New Jersey
- - Philadelphia, PA, United States Area
- - Cherry Hill, NJ
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA, United States Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
Found 136 of over 163 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
"Low pay, much less than peer institutions" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Salisbury University and is not affected by filters.
- Racial and Ethnic Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 30, 2022 - Resident Assistant (RA)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The benefits (room and board) are wonderful and the community you can create with residents is really fulfilling.
Sometimes you have to deal with situations in the middle of the night.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov. 8, 2022 - Student Worker in Salisbury, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The job paid minimum wage, but the duties were not substantial. I was allowed to get homework done on the clock
Minimum hour requirements during the summerContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct. 27, 2022 - Circulation Assistant in Salisbury, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great environment, helpful, downtime to do schoolwork
The hours can be limiting
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct. 10, 2022 - Librarian II in Salisbury, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The racial and ethnic diversity is strong here, with faculty interested in doing even more to increase DEI. Other institutions that are much larger and draw more recognition nationally and internationally make sure their marketing photos are full of token students even when their campuses are not, but SU actually HAS the diversity others are quick to advertise.
This region of the state/country is very laid back. It can be difficult to adjust to not working 12-14 hours a day and instead trying to find non-work things to balance it out.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 7, 2022 - Associate ProfessorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The Student Experience is still good, but it is driven by the Faculty,. Yet, the Salisbury University Administration gives themselves very consistent raises, instead of the faculty.
The Salisbury University Administration is fundamentally dishonest. This is true of the Provost down to the Dean's level, with the majority of VPs in-between. If you value your sanity and quality of life, do not work for Salisbury University. I am leaving for a non-academic job mid-year. The mistreatment of faculty and staff by the administration has become simply too much to bear. The administration rules faculty and staff by fiat, rather than with any thought for those with their boots actually on the ground.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep. 8, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Job, learned so much
None at the moment, maybe the food.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Sep. 5, 2022 - ProfessorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good students to work with
SU has a bloated and corrupt administration. Administrators have been fired for mismanaging and hiding money. Presidents retire, teach one class, and retain their presidential salary. Other administrators have gone back to the faculty, retained their former salaries and work a reduced load. In the meantime, the administration complains about budget problems. Faculty routinely experience harassment and discrimination while the institution works hard to sweep it under the rug. There is no reward for faculty excellence. Faculty who don't engage in scholarship or teaching are rewarded. Faculty who strive for excellence just receive more work. Small perks that faculty used to have (e.g. allowing family members to use recreational facilities) are gone.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul. 10, 2022 - Program CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice co-workers and supportive staff/faculty, & leadership
I do not have any current Cons.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun. 14, 2022 - IT Support Associate in Salisbury, MDRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice work environment Competent IT department Job Security
Limited pay increase No real promotion opportunities
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun. 2, 2022 - Major Gifts OfficerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
State benefits and paid holidays.
Non-competitive salary. Top heavy administration with no room for upward mobility.
Salisbury University Reviews FAQs
Salisbury University has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 163 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Salisbury University to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
70% of Salisbury University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Salisbury University 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.