Salesforce "salesforce" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Salesforce Employee Reviews about "salesforce"

Updated Feb 19, 2020

4.4
Salesforce Co-CEOs Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Pros
  • "would highly recommend salesforce as a company(in 716 reviews)

• "Employee work-life balance is at most priority here(in 458 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tricky to manage but widely supported as it should be(in 270 reviews)

• "There is no cons in learning process(in 128 reviews)

Reviews about "salesforce"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Ohana is real!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone wants to win. A company filled with top talent who are dedicated to furthering their careers within Salesforce, and thus producing incredible results. Even though it's competitive, everyone supports each other in their journey.

Cons

Can be challenging understanding org structure with such a large and complex sales machine.

Salesforce2019-04-19

"Company is getting to big to focus on people"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salesforce was a great company when I first joined but has now gotten so large that leadership no longer has time or resources to focus on people. - Offices are very nice, kitchens have snacks and coffee and drinks - Good benefits - Strong product and lots of resources at your disposal when selling

Cons

Underpay compared to other technology companies in 'growth' mode. - managers focus strictly on numbers, little coaching or mentorship - work/life balance is a blurred line; focus hard on your numbers yet cap your working hours at 45 a week - moving away from flexible work hours and remote based employees - culture is no longer a focus

Salesforce2019-07-03

"Senior AE"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Outstanding Product and ability to anticipate future correctly as they always seem to make the correct choices around Roadmap. Salesforce prides itself on #Ohana which means family. It is core value/belief of company and makes it an incredible company to work for; Unless you are in Sales

Cons

3 things have changed for me as having been with company for long time and I consider them all Cons 1. Salesforce prides itself on #ohana which is family. Salesforce #ohana is vibrabnt and alive and incredible. Unless you are in Sales in which case its non existent. It is run old school the Oracle way. 2. Customers suffer the most as they did when Sales Leadership ran Oracle. Salesforce is ruthless in scraping every penny from the client, making MSA difficult by not giving an inch on anything. Management wants the number period, if it helps the customer thats a bonus. 3. Execs get paid AE's do not. There are essentially 4 - 5 levels of Sales Management before you get to Keith Block. On the Ground Floor 7 AE's may each carry a number such as $2,000,000 US. There RVP number is not $14,000,000 but about $10 or $11,000,0000. This continues up the management change so at the highest level they will carry a quota that will significantly less the what the AE's carry. End result is Significant amount of reps will be below 50% attainment and my guess is a few percent will knock it out and may 10 to 15% actually hit their number. Opportunity to make real money like in the old days is very slim. Lot of Starving AE's which the company does not seem to mind as they make it very clear there are 10 people behind you waiting for your job.

Salesforce2019-01-17
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salesforce has a great culture and is very warm and welcoming to new joiners. In addition the salary and benefits are the best, I have ever come across.

Cons

Salesforce is constantly recognized as one of best employers in the world and I can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

Salesforce2018-11-17
  5. "It all depends on where you are located"

I worked at Salesforce

Pros

Lots to be learned from Salesforce

Cons

Best if located in one of the main offices

Salesforce2018-10-18
  6. "Hardworking and open minded people"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Salesforce

Pros

I fully enjoyed my internship at Salesforce. A lot of events for interns and good teams that give real responsibilities to interns. Also high likelihood for conversion to full time.

Cons

Slightly less perks compare to other tech companies.

Salesforce2018-09-16
  7. "Communications/Marketing"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salesforce has by far been the most incredible company I have ever had the privilege of working for. The company goes above and beyond to leave a positive impact on it's employees, and communities. The #SalesforceOhana is prevalent every day I come in to the office- from management, my team, every employee I come into contact with, and the Volunteer Opportunities every employee participate in. Salesforce stays true to it's values of Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. I enjoy coming to the office and contribute my best effort every morning.

Cons

Long(er) interview process but worth the wait, and the work!

Salesforce2018-09-05
  8. "The best 6 months at any company I worked for."

Current Employee - Consultant, Technical in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture inside the company is like a family. Everyone is willing to help those who need help on any issue or challenge. It's a non discriminatory environment open to people from all countries, religions, sex and color. The company really cares about what people can do instead of how they look or where they come from. Salesforce encourages career development and progression, investing a lot on helping employees to follow a development path

Cons

For some roles, the performance bonus is based on billed time over the year, so "bench" time as consultant does not help much to reach 100% performance even if the effective work was good for the client.

Salesforce2018-07-27
  9. "Breath of Fresh Air"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am grateful to be apart of Salesforce and my team. The interview process was intense but a lot of fun and I am very much looking forward to bootcamp. Everyone has been fantastic and truly wants you to succeed. I was a little skeptical of the “Ohana” culture prior to my first day but it is for real. Yes, it can be stressful and even overwhelming at times but that is to be expected anywhere.

Cons

There are no cons that I have seen as of yet.

Salesforce2018-05-29
  10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Reasons why I would not leave Salesforce: Salary - very fair with pay, commission, bonus payouts Benefits: - 7 days a year volunteer time off, matching donations - generous PTO (although don't usually take the time) - matching RRSP contributions - good Stock option plan Overall, the culture of innovation and leading game-changing opportunities every year is exciting to be a part of!

Cons

Work/Life balance is difficult at times

Salesforce2018-01-02

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 698 reviews