Salesforce Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 437 reviews

4.3
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block

"6 years at Salesforce and counting"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-fun culture, still working to maintain some of the startup vibe despite not being a big player in the market -talks the talk about equality and for the most part walks it but the lack of women in management and Sr Leadership roles is obvious -this is not something Salesforce can change overnight but at least they aren't afraid of the conversation

Cons

-go get promoted, it is very challenging for working moms and parents in general to have a good work life balance -too much self promotion needed to get promoted vs looking at people's actual work because of Salesforce's culture

Advice to Management

-leverage your workforce better and their loyalty will pay dividends many times over

Salesforce2017-09-29
  2. "Great company, difficult to climb"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Halifax, NS

I worked at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company that's highly innovative. Great benefits and pay. Smart colleagues

Cons

Found it challenging to grow in the role I was in and find new roles that were interesting

Advice to Management

Given the amount you spend on recruitment, be sure to find ways to elevate performers.

Salesforce2016-07-17
  3. "strategic Account Manager"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, great technology that works. Very rewarding place with smart people and where you effort means something.

Cons

Very fast paced culture and demanding, if that is not for you will be hard to enjoy everything salesforce has to offer.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to customers

Salesforce2016-03-12
  4. "SE Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What is advertised about taking care of employees is true. The technology is amazing and can run an enterprise.

Cons

If you don't like being busy, this is not the place for you.

Salesforce2015-11-06

"some notes"

Current Employee - Principal Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great benefits and good salary

Cons

18 hour workdays, work on vacation, burn out

Advice to Management

take care of your employees

Salesforce2015-07-15

"8 years in and I love this place"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This review will probably come off biased as I've spent the last 8 years at SF and have grown my career with the company. I also met my wife at SF and we now have a lovely 2 year old daughter so suffice to say the decision to work here has proved a good one personally as well as professionally. I started fresh out of university with no idea what CRM or cloud computing was in a biz dev role, progressed into sales and... am now a sales manager. Here are the top reasons I love SF: - upward mobility: the company is growing 30% YoY and with growth comes opportunity. I've held 6 positions in 8 years working here. - people & culture: I'm humbled on a daily basis by the people I work with. SF employees are smart, ambitious, fun and tend to genuinely care about the communities we work in and the world around us. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but by and large we're a hard-working, fun-loving, high-achieving group that is just as collaborative as we are competitive. - pay: money talks! Compensation and benefits are top notch. For those in sales, the base pay will seem low but in 8 years I've never made less than 30% more than my OTE (base + commission). - trust: the vast majority of the people I've reported to have instilled a lot of trust in me to get my job done without interfering or micro-managing my day-to-day.

Cons

Pace: SF moves fast. Change is constant. You need to be comfortable being uncomfortable. This is not for everyone. If you're looking to rest on your laurels in a comfy position, you need not apply. Fiscal Year: this is a petty gripe but a valid one. The SF fiscal year ends January 31st, which means Christmas/New Year timeframe is one of the our busiest times of year. Taking vacation in December/January is... highly discouraged given it's the busy season, not ideal if you're accustomed to taking time off for the holidays. Cross-Functional Collaboration: compared with most companies I've seen, we do a great job of collaborating across departments/functions to get the job done. Some would say we're world class in this department, but as a SF veteran my expectations are high and I think we can do better. At times certain departments feel misaligned and for us to continue growing we need to move as one tightly aligned organization.

Advice to Management

- get our platform in the hands of college/university students so they're familiar with it as they join the workforce - as we mature into a big corporate entity, never forget the values that got us here (trust, customer success, philanthropy, innovation etc) - stay nimble -

Salesforce2015-06-17

"Senior Success Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fast paced, at the forefront of innovation, very philanthropic - 48 volunteer work hours per year. Young and fun culture. Amazing training and learning. Lots of upward mobility. Growth stock with Employee purchase plan. Conveniently right downtown by union station. Global offices for expanded opportunity to move. Change is the only constant. REcognizes and is working on diversity in the workplace (ie. hiring and... promoting more women). Very collaborative!

Cons

Change is the only constant so we move so fast that sometimes work is redundant or not as well planned out as it should be for optimal effectiveness. Sometimes Political. Leadership is stale in the Customers for Life organization.

Advice to Management

Org Structure and communication of progress and vision can be improved in the commercial business unit for scaled programs execution. Difficult to understand who does what.

Salesforce2015-04-22

"#dreamjob"

Current Employee - Success Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

lots of perks, great culture, solid benefits, continuous training, perfect work-life balance

Cons

highly political, some really bad managers go undetected

Advice to Management

- conduct skip-level conversations and peer reviews to get advice on how to better train your managers - create a structured, predictable career path for non-sales employees - allow for salary negotiation at time of promotion

Salesforce2014-11-14
  9. "Culture is key"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top notch culture, awesome benefits, ability to give back to the community.

Cons

Hard to affect change and drive product direction that is meaningful to the market as opposed to the "cool" flavor of the month being driven from the top down.

Advice to Management

bring back the startup vibe and allow product decisions to to bubble up from the lowest levels.

Salesforce2013-02-11

"Amazing ride, turning into an Oracle culture"

Regional Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce

Pros

Very smart people working throughout organization. Sales focused environment. People are definitely willing to help out in virtually every department.

Cons

Growing pains continue. Questionable new hires in mid-management ranks. Seems like there are trying to turn into Oracle Junior - Very much 'make it or break it' attitude

Advice to Management

Salesforce grew into the powerhouse it is today on the backs of some amazing people that are devoted to the company and products. Make sure you don't take those people for granted.

Salesforce2012-02-16