Salesforce Business Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 18 Nov 2019

4.4
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff and Keith Block
Marc Benioff and Keith Block
  1. "Fostering learning and professional growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

Great leadership Management that works to provide as many resources as possible Incredible team of inspiring people who are intelligent, driven, passionate, and happy to help one another

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment, important to strike work/life balance

Salesforce2019-07-08

"Bad Environment for Sellers"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company knowledge, stated mission is great. Lots of prestige. San Francisco is awesome.

Cons

Old, phone-based, lack of value selling method. Lots of integrity issues and politics. I have been selling at a number of different firms and this is the worst so far. I'd stay away unless you're ready to kiss up to superiors and grind without proper coaching. Most importantly the competitive anxiety and lack of vulnerability is crippling.

Advice to Management

Train people managers better. Be fairer in terms of quotas to sellers. Treat employees like people not inputs.

Salesforce2019-10-02

"Incredibly Bureaucratic and Inflexible"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great location from Union Station in Toronto - Snacks in the kitchen

Cons

- Working from home is absolutely forbidden despite many of your colleagues living in different cities. - 4 sick days a year. If you take any more time from that, you'll then have to use your PTO hours. We get paid hourly, and they do not allow unpaid time off. - 8:30am to 5:00pm standard hours. Not sure why the extra half hour is needed. Don't even think of trying to leave at 4:57pm, even if you are crushing... your targets. - Pay is below industry standard but most will argue, "But you get to put Salesforce on your resume". Most external hires take a lower salary than their previous job and oddly wear that as a badge of honour. That's how Salesforce executives want you to feel. The CEO is a billionaire, he didn't get there by paying his employees fairly. - Good luck trying to change departments if you ever feel like making a lateral move within the company. Salesforce has a policy stating you must stay in the same role for a minimum of 1.5 years before being allowed to move laterally into a different segment of the business. - Don't let them fool you with their "best workplace" awards. You won't feel that way in sales here.

Advice to Management

Fight for your employees. Allow us to work from home, to take sick time without having to use our hard-earned vacation hours. Pay us fairly, please.

Salesforce2019-09-29

"Great pay, culture & expectations - not so much"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great pay - Great benefits - Well known, fast growing company - Supportive management** (contingent on your patch) ** - not all managers are like this from my experience of discussion with others

Cons

- Constant changes (whether to which team you're on, or your job description) - Promotion path is convuluted (interview, get approved, and they decide they want to close the position and then constantly will make you re-interview for the same position you were once approved for. Could be waiting 4 months+ after acceptance - Work hard, and only hard. Play doesn't really exist here. - Passive aggressive... directors that will never tell you "Good job" when hitting 100% of your metrics, micro-focused - Culture isn't what it's cracked up to be (sadly). Backstabbing, and bullying tendencies from other team members - business makes the best decisions for the business completely not acknowledging the toll it puts on employees (ie. 35% YoY growth, which is great, but comes with a cost) - Work life balance in positions that come after BDR are apparently non-existent

Advice to Management

- Encourage your workers, quit with the passive aggressiveness - Focus on enhancing culture. When asked to address issues with repeat offenders do not say "It's too tough to fix" - Figure out a better way to support career growth through promotion path that is more straight forward - Add some play into the "Work hard"

Salesforce2019-06-11

"BDR"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture - They hire very smart, driven people

Cons

- Some of the budget that made the culture so great is starting to disappear

Salesforce2017-09-29

"This is I had been looking for my entire professional life!"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a professional for about eight years have held various positions with different employers in different locations - Salesforce is by far the best place to work. The culture is amazing and it is felt on a daily basis. As an employee, I feel valued and trusted; Salesforce invests a lot in its employees and the career opportunities are incredible. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

I can't say that there are any cons.

Salesforce2017-03-12

"Salesforce is a good place to work"

Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Salesforce

Pros

-Great company culture -Tier 1 software platform, we do well against competition -Money is good

Cons

-Sometimes can get stuck waiting for headcount for promotions leading some to switch to external and then jump back in at a higher role -At times may need to battle internal politics

Salesforce2017-02-10

"The good and the bad =)"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great benefits (education, health, social outings, etc.)

Cons

- competitive nature - difficult to move around internally in the hubs (since they tend to be sales focused, primarily)

Advice to Management

- be nicer to your employees! (in sales, at least)

Salesforce2017-01-31

"Salesforce.com"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salesforce takes care of you. Great Work/Life balance and plenty of ways to get involved either at work or volunteering within the community. Equal pay for equal work is a core belief of the organization. Lot's of great benefits and driven people to work with.

Cons

Fast-paced, for some this may be too much. Management has numbers to hit and will make sure that you are performing in a way that you will hit them. Sometimes competing priorities can drive out productivity.

Advice to Management

Be careful that the internal competition among team members does not become a demotivator. Make employees more aware of the other roles they can contribute to in this company and it will help to retain some of the best talent.

Salesforce2016-04-22

"Great Sales training"

Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Salesforce for more than a year

Pros

Great sales training and was taught a lot about how to sell. Working at Salesforce.com makes it SUPER easy to find a job once you want to leave. Head hunters will call you a lot.

Cons

Awful culture. "Build your brand" is a sentence that is being thrown around constantly. It effectively means "strategically suck up".

Salesforce2015-08-27