Saje Natural Wellness Reviews

Found 310 of over 322 reviews

3.5
Saje Natural Wellness President Kathy Chi Thurber
Kathy Chi Thurber
Pros
  • "Generous employee discount and healthy snack is provided(in 20 reviews)

• "Saje is a wonderful place to work if you are like-minded and in it to learn, rather than just a paycheck(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I’d never recommend anyone work within the customer experience department at Saje, unless things change drastically starting with management(in 33 reviews)

• "Miscommunication with managers AND upper management(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good place to grow

Sep 28, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Hamilton, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive training, bonus pay when you reach monthly goals.

Cons

Quarterly review, their grading system was a little strange.

People Team

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while working with us here at Saje. Over the last year we have evolved our business practices, recently introduced elevated core values and of course, new leaders have joined the organization. Thank you again for your time with us and the impact you had on your team and our community members!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience

Oct 19, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great employee discount - Average salary for part-time jobs - Great people to work with - Caring about their employees and our mental & physical well-being

Cons

- Quick turnover in management leading to inconsistent leadership - Found that the culture around the enneagram types was pushed onto the employees too much

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great if you embrace the culture

Sep 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are super friendly - Product discounts - Strong team culture - Fast-paced work environment - Beautiful office

Cons

- low salary - management - enneagrams - turnover

People Team

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while working with us here at Saje. Over the last year we have evolved our business practices, recently introduced elevated core values and of course, new leaders have joined the organization. Exciting things are happening over here at Saje and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your past experience. Thank you again for your time with us and the impact you had on your team and our community members!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's Okay

Sep 28, 2021 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount, products, flexibility, breaks, small team

Cons

management, no work life balance, dont have their own company under control

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at Saje. If you're open to sharing more detail around your experience, I would love to setup a time to connect. I can be reached at people@saje.com and thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. Thank you again!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great if you drink the Kool-Aid

Oct 15, 2021 - Store Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The employee discount was decent

Cons

Saje does a fantastic job of convincing you that you are working for a holistic company whose intention is to improve the world. At the end of the day, you are lining the pockets of the self-proclaimed "urban shaman" Jean-Pierre who is (shocker) a rich white guy with steadfast patriarchal views and a cult leader-like vibe. He even wrote a book called the One Minute Goddess which essentially tells women " how to reclaim your inner goddess and allow the men in your life to provide the safety and security you want." BTW we were instructed to hide this from employees out of fear they may see the truth about the founder. The Leblanc family has appropriated essential oils to bolster their white privileged lives all while underpaying and devaluing their employees.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wasn't the worst, wasn't the best

Aug 18, 2021 - ASM- Assistant Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great experience building rapport with team and community members - the company did lots of out reach with their community - Personally had the chance to get to know my team on a deeper level than I think most - Ok wage for retail - Kathy (new CEO) seemed to be making positive changes when I left, so none of this reflects her skills and changes

Cons

- No interest in helping their teams grow, but will tell you they want to develop - Super culty (while I was there at least) - for a wellness company they don't prove they care about employee wellness, just the financial wellness of the company.

People Team

Thank you for sharing your experience while working with us here at Saje. Over the last year we have evolved our business practices, recently introduced elevated core values and of course, new leaders have joined the organization. Exciting things are happening over here at Saje and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your past experience. Thank you again for your time with us and the impact you had on your team and our community members!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great company, management needs work

Aug 13, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about you and your mental health. And works with you on how you're doing throughout your shifts. Wellness snack budget every week so you always have energy as well!

Cons

Management promises space to grow in company but doesn't actually follow through with it. Never responds back after interviews for a follow up. Usually not actually interested in the product itself.

People Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you're open to sharing more detail around your experience, I would love to setup a time to connect and can be reached at people@saje.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good place

Jul 21, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good, nice people and nice products

Cons

Upper management and classic retail hours

People Team

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while working with us here at Saje!

9. 1.0

Not Great

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product discount was very good

Cons

Company paints a picture of caring for employee wellness but it is all smoke and mirrors.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job

Jun 3, 2021 - Team Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you love natural products, growing, team work and selling this is the job for you

Cons

the wage pay could be higher.

People Team

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience while working at Saje. When it comes to compensation, please know that we work and are continuing to work externally with a third party company to review wages and ensure we are paying equitably across the organization for the work our Team Members contribute. I'm happy to share that throughout this past year (2020) we were able to offer increases to all of our Team Members and our Team Members still had opportunity to earn bonus'. If you're open to sharing more detail around your experience, I would love to setup a time to connect. I can be reached at people@saje.com and thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. Thank you again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 310 Reviews