Saipem America "room for growth" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Saipem America Employee Reviews about "room for growth"

Updated 3 Feb 2016

2.9
Saipem America CEO Stefano Cao (no image)
Stefano Cao
Pros
  • "Saipem gives you the opportunity to learn a lot about the industry(in 2 reviews)

• "Wide variety of work venues, opportunity to travel, rewarded for proficiency, good benefits(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "You better be Italian to be promoted (only 4 managers not from overseas)(in 7 reviews)

• "Other departments do not allow room for growth and sometime the attitudes of the managers can be a little anti-social(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "room for growth"

Return to all Reviews

"Use Saipem only to gain experience"

I worked at Saipem America full-time

Pros

Good benefits (Vacation/Sick) policy, great laid back environment in most departments - including dress code. It's easy to get comfortable around the people and the settings. This company was better when I started then when it ended.

Cons

For me the biggest problem is HR which is badly run, bad decisions and bad managers chosen for these positions. Don't expect them to have your back nor will they help you. Always full of drama because they can't get their work straight, even when they feel they have made the right call. Might as well bring in children to run it. Terrible communication skills and NO employee appreciation. To work there, stay... clear of that department. The other departments are generally good. Italians are mostly chosen for managerial positions so there's not much room for growth since there are only 3 local managers. They have different culture so you need to have an open mind to work here. My recommendation, just get in, gain experience and as soon as you find something better.. get out!!! The outlook does not look good

Advice to Management

Change HR Management again. Hopefully more compassionate leader who really fixes the issues. There is no communication, just attitude and everyone I spoke said the same. That position has been a revolving door and most likely it's going to stay the same way because of poor business decisions.

Saipem America2016-02-03
  2. "Saipem has been a great place to work."

I have been working at Saipem America

Pros

Saipem gives you the opportunity to learn a lot about the industry.

Cons

There is not much room for growth.

Advice to Management

There is no team building

Saipem America2014-04-15

"Great benefits and great salaries"

Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Saipem America

Pros

Their benefit package is awesome! Their compensation is up to par with the industry and at least in my department there is room for growth.

Cons

Other departments do not allow room for growth and sometime the attitudes of the managers can be a little anti-social.

Saipem America2012-04-05