Sage Recruiting Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

4.4
Sage Recruiting Founder Ashley Alfred (no image)
Ashley Alfred
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Loving it!

May 13, 2021 - Operations Lead in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company and Ashley for almost a year and a half now. I was recently promoted to a new role and Ashley has been very supportive. She made sure that I was comfortable with my new responsibilities and presided over training. I am very new in this industry so I don't really have much knowledge but Ashley made sure that I knew that she was behind my back every step of the way. Talk about having a great mentor! I also appreciate that she acknowledges my efforts!

Cons

Everything is just remote these days. Haha. I can't wait to work with my girls in person! I'm really loving the team!

CEO

That's so sweet to hear, thank you for writing this! You really made my day :-) I can't wait to see you girls outside of video calls after COVID!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lessons learnt - some good, some bad

Jun 18, 2020 - Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The clientele is good - Provides opportunity to build network in the industry - Uses top technology - Tech training for all employees - Targets are reasonable - Commission Structure

Cons

- The founder is unprofessional; choice of words, tone, actions/behaviour at workspace - Lack of trust on employees and micro management - Hostile environment - Management decisions made on a whim - Constant change of decisions

CEO

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience! Since we haven't had a recruiter on staff for for a few years I can only imagine this was during our hiring blitz. I will admit that we hired too fast, didn't focus enough on culture and stress levels were high. We have since learned from our mistakes and grown as a business. I hope that you've found yourself a good fit in the industry and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

3. 5.0

Empowerment & Mentorship

Jul 31, 2019 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Sage since the beginning of this year and this has been one of my greatest experiences yet. The CEO takes time from her schedule daily to not only mentor & coach, but to provide technical training as well. I do not come from a technical background, so initially, everything seemed like a foreign language combined with acronyms but I am much more comfortable thanks to her help. She mentors & coaches not only her own team but others in the industry as well. She empowers her team to try to do things our own way and will only intervene when we ask for assistance. Working from home, I have the autonomy to work around my schedule, and she has always encouraged this. Her relationships with her clients and candidates are incredible and are long-lasting. She has a tenacity that you don't see very often and her energy is contagious!

Cons

My face will hurt from laughing so hard after a long day with her!!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Recruiter

May 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- you learn a lot about technologies and crafting compelling emails

Cons

- owner is a micromanager - not the most professional atmosphere - no clear vision of where the company is going - constructive feedback needs to be polished. Don't talk at people.

5. 5.0

Best Account Management Position and Supportive Team

Mar 4, 2016 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sage does a lot of thing differently in the recruitment industry including the way they work with their staff. I took the job because the commission structure is the best I have seen on the market. But their are so many other factors. Our managers actually trust and value us. They work closely with us and provide constant feedback. We have flexible working hours and unlimited vacation so everyone is well rested and ready to hit the ground running everyday. Because it is a small company you are able to influence decisions easily and have a say in the way we will shape ourselves as a business. The office space is beautiful- views of CN tower, open work space, and keg on tap. Best decision I have ever made!

Cons

We are located in Liberty Village so it could be difficult to access without a car coming from a GO Train. Otherwise their is plenty of transit stops near by. The keg is sometimes empty

CEO

Thanks for your review of Sage!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to grow professionally while having fun!

Feb 23, 2017 - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sage is the place to be if you are looking to learn a ton about technology, recruiting, and professional etiquette. The team has technical consultants on board which makes it SO much easier to understand the tech world and all of the languages and frameworks that are continually evolving. In addition to the tech side of learning, the focus on personalization and customization that Sage believes in allows you to grow into a professional and respectable recruiter. You quickly understand best practices in speaking with candidates and clients making recruitment a lot more fun and successful. All in all, a great place to learn, challenge yourself, and make money!!

Cons

Catered food is always in the office so that proves to be tempting!

CEO

Thank you for your review, it's so great to hear that you're having fun while learning a lot!

7. 5.0

Revolutionizing Recruitment

Jan 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is no other place like Sage. This company revolves around changing how recruitment works and it starts all the way from the roots. All employees are trained in ways that suite their learning styles. There's a level of companionship that brings the team together in a way that most companies don't have because they are too focused on the numbers. Sage takes pride in their people, their work, and their ability to still be down to earth and have fun.

Cons

Sometimes the office get's too hot, but that's ok, makes me feel like I'm in California.

CEO

So glad you're happy at Sage and that you help us to take pride in people and their work! You make the culture great!

8. 5.0

Sage Recruiting

Aug 3, 2016 - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I started working at Sage, I realize that recruitment can be done so much better. Not only have I learned how to foster relationships with both candidates and clients alike, I have learned that I am a vital cog in someones job search. The Sage mentality of not sending mass mail is unique and certainly something that candidates appreciate. There is a true sense of quality over quantity. In addition to that, the office space is fantastic and we have an open and collaborative working environment where ideas and suggestions are encouraged.

Cons

Sitting very near to the beer keg from Monday to Friday can be very distracting, especially in the summer!

CEO

Thank you so much for your review and all your kind words! I hope you enjoy the beer! ;-)

9. 5.0

Sage Recruiting

Mar 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sage is a really great company to work for. The office space is beautiful, there are interesting clients to work with, and the philosophy of putting people first is truly unique. In an industry that is known to focus on "volume" at the exclusion of quality, Sage has discovered the secret sauce and knows that at its core recruitment is about people. Sage is growing and I'd recommend anyone interested in joining the team to apply.

Cons

Lots of pizza, but who can really complain about that?!

CEO

Thank you for your review! So glad you're happy working at Sage and value our commitment to working for the candidate!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

The recruitment company that finally does things differently

Jan 5, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sage does things differently. It is probably the most software development focused company in Toronto. In depth technology training ensures that recruiters understand what and who it is that they are looking for. The culture here mimics that of the types of companies we work with: collaborative, fun, diverse, and people-focused. Oh and unlimited vacation!

Cons

The beer tap sometimes is empty by Friday :(

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

So glad you're happy at Sage and understand that we really do things differently. Thanks for helping make our culture great!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews