SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Chuck Sykes
1,355 Ratings

"Good place to start"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

This is a good place to work as long as you do your job and not having issues with stats. Some good managers and co- workers.Work from home and good for family life.

Cons

Fast paced with high call volume. Hours are cut short when call volume reduces. Some manager are hard to work with but if you are meeting your stats you shouldn't have a problem

SYKES2019-01-19

"Cable Technical support"

Former Employee - Cable Technician

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

work from home is the only thing

Cons

This companies training is pathetic. For the rogers training they were all over the place . They expect you to know about certain tools needed when we were not even introduced to the program yet then chastise you for not knowing how to use the tool. The trainers are just going through the motions. They are not organized. Example: When asked what certain anagrams meant the trainer did not even know some of them.

Advice to Management

Do not put people in teams put them in pairs. If you have 1 or 2 people that are slower in learning....you do not learn..as the trainer is taking half an hour to get a employee to find a tool or constanly relogging in because of the crappy adobe connect.

SYKES2019-02-19
  3. "Sykes W@H Canada"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's work from home, the training is long and paid and overall pretty easy, they make sure you know everything. The shifts are pretty much all the same and rarely did they change them for me, like other reviews state, but they can be rough. There wasn't much back to back calls, but when there is it's tough and can ruin your stats, leading to a poorly trained team lead pretending to be your friend but also being exceptionally dense and rude.

Cons

The systems were terrible. 8 different things open just for a small call, they want your call times low but the systems barely work. I guess it depends on the client. You can't blame the systems on the call either, you just have to suck it up when the customer asks whats taking so long. They wouldn't need half of us to work if the systems worked correctly.

Advice to Management

Ask your clients for working systems, I know it's not up to Sykes on what agents have to deal with, but there's seriously way too many systems for something that could be in one. Have some standards for your clients.

SYKES2019-01-14

"Csr"

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

Worked with me for part time hours

Cons

Will terminate you without any notice for one metric, no coaching or warning.

Advice to Management

A little more coaching would be nice considering I worked my butt off for this company for 3 and half years. Terminated without warning for one metric was a bit shocking.

SYKES2019-02-09
  5. "Great work place"

Current Employee - Agent in Chatham-Kent, ON

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place amazing support

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about my time I have been with sykes but I've always enjoyed call center work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

SYKES2019-01-06

"Probably Ok for school aged students"

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Ok benefit plans, opportunity to learn customer services, then move on

Cons

low pay.. good benefit, no family balance

SYKES2019-01-17

"work from home CSR"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from your own home. Save time and money on traveling and clothing expenses. Regularly paid every other week. Above minimum wage.

Cons

Must be computer savy, work with minimum support, no noise and a great memory.

Advice to Management

More training with consistent instructor throughout the whole training program. More attention for slower learners.

SYKES2018-11-25

"Just being honest."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, benefits and decent hours and pay depends on your province or state. Great people to form solid friendships with.

Cons

Rogers Customers are just straight evil. If this was a work from the office job I definitely would be asking for more money, but because this is a work from home job it balances the scales. But do I believe we should be compensated more, YES. Rogers customers are a unique and VERY difficult people to manage.

Advice to Management

Focus more on allowing your agents to adapt and learn new policies or procedures as they come out, vs rushing them out the gate and getting them to study new material on their own time/during the hectic call blitz. That is not how they do it at Rogers, so why are you doing it in your company? Other than that.. you may want to think about raising the amounts we get paid.. think of new ways to encourage employee retention . I started with a training group of 17, and there are only 5 of us left. Those numbers are the best I have heard from other co workers, others being 1 or 2 out of their training classes. I have a few ideas on what simple changes can be made to allow a better turn around rate.

SYKES2018-10-31

"horrible company"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Miramichi, NB

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

i couldn't name a positive reasons to work for a company. horrible management people leave left right and center to the poorly managed company

Cons

not fair compensations, horrible hours expected to work morning, evening and weekends also holidays. this would be a great job for puppets

Advice to Management

pay employees 15$ a hour or completely move the company off shore. give advancements chances to employees who know how to use the programs.

SYKES2018-12-03

"Supervisor"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

There is no real pros to work there maybe only insurance

Cons

Underpaid supervisor, 13.50$/h you also get removed from weekend/night bonus which mean agent make the same salary as you

Advice to Management

We are human not stupid number

SYKES2018-11-24