SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

SYKES President & CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes
1,168 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is a work from home position" (in 512 reviews)

• "Great work environment and awesome managers" (in 81 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be demanding to deal with back to back customers" (in 35 reviews)

• "There are not enough Product Specialists to help customer service representatives when they need it" (in 68 reviews)

"Wireless customer service"

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

Amazing company to work for. I learned a lot

Cons

There are no cons for me to say right now

"Wireless Customer Care for Rogers"

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-you can be at home taking calls and be on your monitoring screen and labtop
    -hours is 8am to 4pm Mon to friday.

Cons

-you just dont know when you will last at for sykes. i was there since march 4th and they recently terminated me due to no hours for production. Makes no sense, the training wasn't even finished and they started cutting people. I spent $500 on all equipment they asked to get and three weeks into training they let me and other people go and said they would re-hire in 3 months. Very silly.

3. "Good company but work itself not made for me"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Nice training with very kind and professional trainers and staff. Can get sale bonuses if in the loyalty program.

Cons

No control for your once-in-production scheduling like for myself I learned in the middle of the training I was not going to get any weekends off and work evening time and days off Wednesdays and Thursdays

Work itself really depends on how you like call centre jobs but personally, I find very stressful compared to salary ($1.5 over minimum wage) especially the ICU training where you take calls and wait for trainers to give you tips on a chat... With customers on the line.

4. "Not a bad company"

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to Work from home

Cons

stressful environment dealing with an angry customer, which is ok because if everything was going well they wouldn't be calling.

Advice to Management

Relieve the pressure on the new recruits in order to lower the turn over rate

5. "Roadside Assistance"

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Door Mat in London, ON
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance Door Mat in London, ON

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, that’s about it. Complimentary roadside. There is no pros other than that. Save yourself and don’t do it.

Cons

- you will have zero life
    - don’t do split shift, they will make it sound like it’s the best option and u can have at least one weekend day off. You will literally become their property, their doormat.
    - they will make sure to schedule you to where from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed that your whole life revolves around them
    - the day before your day off they make sure you finish late that way you cant go anywhere, visit or even as much as catch a late movie because it’s too late and the morning after your day off they schedule you as early as possible so you can’t really do anything to have a life on your day off
    -never have two days off, not allowed to take Mondays off
    -you do not get raises
    -if your system has issues and you did not catch or see it on your end, for a 1 minute fail that you do not report, your attendance shows you missed 10% of your month adherence!
    -they say you get benefits, you dont, you have to pay for basic benefits and to add one child to dental and benefits is 200.00/month
    -they give you complimentary roadside but very limited
    -you pay for internet, phone but yet they cant pay for health benefits
    -there are no raises unless the min wage goes up
    - you do not have TL support that backs you up
    -TLs never take over a call that should be escalated and the clients are left to have the runaround
    -TLs are bombarded with jobs that they shouldn’t have to do and it takes away from actually being able to team lead
    -there no management and leading ethics
    -customers are very mentally abusive and you are forced to take the mental abuse
    -customers pay a fortune for roadside assistance with their new cars when they could get CAA for a fraction of the price with better service
    -their goals is to work with car makers to suck as much money out of a customer as possible
    -customer service yes, customer quality is a big zero and they dont care about the people
    -you feel no pride in your services because they have none unless the person drives a million dollar car and has money to spend but an elderly or single mother is nothing to them
    -you might work from home but you wont have a life!
    -TLs make it known and they make sure you feel it if they dont like you
    -managers are literal non caring individuals that only care about the steak and potatoes u earn for them while they give nothing in return
    -it’s always the same people that get time off or go home early, doesn’t matter how far ahead you put in the time off request
    -if you care about your sanity, dont do it
    -senior TLs and management are even worst

Advice to Management

Learn some ethics
    Get your head out of between your rear cheeks
    If you want to keep good workers, take care of them
    Stop treating people like door mats

6. "Sykes Canada"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits package, flexible hours, work from home

Cons

very little room for advancement

7. "Tech support"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Sherbrooke, QC
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Sherbrooke, QC

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, nice events

Cons

High demand, low pay, work not stimulating

"Good place to start"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

This is a good place to work as long as you do your job and not having issues with stats. Some good managers and co- workers.Work from home and good for family life.

Cons

Fast paced with high call volume. Hours are cut short when call volume reduces. Some manager are hard to work with but if you are meeting your stats you shouldn't have a problem

9. "Cable Technical support"

Former Employee - Cable Technician
    Former Employee - Cable Technician

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

work from home is the only thing

Cons

This companies training is pathetic. For the rogers training they were all over the place . They expect you to know about certain tools needed when we were not even introduced to the program yet then chastise you for not knowing how to use the tool. The trainers are just going through the motions. They are not organized. Example: When asked what certain anagrams meant the trainer did not even know some of them.

Advice to Management

Do not put people in teams put them in pairs. If you have 1 or 2 people that are slower in learning....you do not learn..as the trainer is taking half an hour to get a employee to find a tool or constanly relogging in because of the crappy adobe connect.

10. "Sykes W@H Canada"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's work from home, the training is long and paid and overall pretty easy, they make sure you know everything. The shifts are pretty much all the same and rarely did they change them for me, like other reviews state, but they can be rough. There wasn't much back to back calls, but when there is it's tough and can ruin your stats, leading to a poorly trained team lead pretending to be your friend but also being exceptionally dense and rude.

Cons

The systems were terrible. 8 different things open just for a small call, they want your call times low but the systems barely work. I guess it depends on the client. You can't blame the systems on the call either, you just have to suck it up when the customer asks whats taking so long. They wouldn't need half of us to work if the systems worked correctly.

Advice to Management

Ask your clients for working systems, I know it's not up to Sykes on what agents have to deal with, but there's seriously way too many systems for something that could be in one. Have some standards for your clients.