SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Chuck Sykes
1,088 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The calls are back to back during holiday season and can be very stressful" (in 34 reviews)

• "There are not enough Product Specialists to help customer service representatives when they need it" (in 65 reviews)

1. "Wireless customer service"

I worked at SYKES part-time

Pros

Amazing company to work for. I learned a lot

Cons

There are no cons for me to say right now

2. "work from home CSR"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from your own home. Save time and money on traveling and clothing expenses. Regularly paid every other week. Above minimum wage.

Cons

Must be computer savy, work with minimum support, no noise and a great memory.

Advice to Management

More training with consistent instructor throughout the whole training program. More attention for slower learners.

"Just being honest."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, benefits and decent hours and pay depends on your province or state. Great people to form solid friendships with.

Cons

Rogers Customers are just straight evil. If this was a work from the office job I definitely would be asking for more money, but because this is a work from home job it balances the scales. But do I believe we should be compensated more, YES. Rogers customers are a unique and VERY difficult people to manage.

Advice to Management

Focus more on allowing your agents to adapt and learn new policies or procedures as they come out, vs rushing them out the gate and getting them to study new material on their own time/during the hectic call blitz. That is not how they do it at Rogers, so why are you doing it in your company? Other than that.. you may want to think about raising the amounts we get paid.. think of new ways to encourage employee retention . I started with a training group of 17, and there are only 5 of us left. Those numbers are the best I have heard from other co workers, others being 1 or 2 out of their training classes. I have a few ideas on what simple changes can be made to allow a better turn around rate.

"horrible company"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Miramichi, NB
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Miramichi, NB

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i couldn't name a positive reasons to work for a company. horrible management people leave left right and center to the poorly managed company

Cons

not fair compensations, horrible hours expected to work morning, evening and weekends also holidays. this would be a great job for puppets

Advice to Management

pay employees 15$ a hour or completely move the company off shore. give advancements chances to employees who know how to use the programs.

"Supervisor"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

There is no real pros to work there maybe only insurance

Cons

Underpaid supervisor, 13.50$/h you also get removed from weekend/night bonus which mean agent make the same salary as you

Advice to Management

We are human not stupid number

"Not good"

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Stay away from this company

Cons

Bad company does not care about employees

"Horrible keep far far away..."

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home equipment partially provided

Cons

Total no respect for their employees.

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, work from home, send there equipments

Cons

Poor management, back to back calls, assessments during training, Not enough time for Training, Fire you for small issues, Don't care about there employees,

Advice to Management

Please follow up when an employee emails about an issue.

"Do not work there!!!! Horrible!!! Run!"

Former Employee - Wireless
    Former Employee - Wireless

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is to work from home!

Cons

Have to invest money to buy the equipment! Cost 300$. Training was bad. The trainer kept talking about her personal life. Did not give enough time for us to train. Not qualified at all and an attitude! The job itself is very stressful, salary is minimum wage. Not able to to take any day off for first year. Thank god I am not working there anymore! Seriously this is the worst job ever! Cannot believe it!

10. "Paid training, good option to work from home."

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

If you want to work from home, with complete online, paid training, then this is a good place to start. The trainer was helpful and patient. The company seemed good overall. I unfortunately got sick and wasn't able to actually start taking calls.

Cons

The client you're working for only cares about numbers. We had several days of technical problems during training, and we didn't get to make up on those days. We were still expected to start answering calls even though we literally were over 3 days behind on training. Too many people didn't even know how to turn a computer on, let alone open programs, so it was hard for those of us that did know that, there wasn't stuff we could work on in the mean time because we couldn't work ahead. Lot of time wasting. I found it was way too high pressure once we did get to listening to calls and such. Hated the client that you'd be working for, the hours were not good at all.

Advice to Management

Maybe separate groups of trainees, make a group of people that knew what they were doing so we didn't have to listen to the trainer telling everyone how to actually use the computers.