SAP Employee Reviews about "organization"
89% would recommend to a friend
(400 total reviews)
92% approve of CEO
What people are saying about SAP
Got a burning question about SAP? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SAP employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good if you don't plan on moving up in the company" (in 2496 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and Health" (in 1929 reviews)
- "The people you work with are great and feels like a much smaller company on the day to day." (in 1160 reviews)
- "The culture is great and they provide you the correct tools to thrive in a growing environment." (in 1000 reviews)
- "Great company and colleagues during the time I worked there" (in 672 reviews)
- "Salaries are low across the board compared to similar positions both inside and outside of SAP Tempe." (in 822 reviews)
- "A bad manager will only think about his/her own promotion and not care about team." (in 317 reviews)
- "With such a large company, it can be hard to be heard, but upper management in my area has been doing their best to connect with employees." (in 71 reviews)
- "Such a large organization that exposure do different LOBs is difficult to navigate and communicate with." (in 56 reviews)
- "bad middle management" (in 53 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SAP and is not affected by filters.
Found 400 of over 29K reviews
Updated Dec 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "organization"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jun 11, 2008ConsultantCurrent EmployeeDetroit, MI
Great autonomy; freedom to perform your job since you are not micro managed by your manager. Work with extremely talented and the brightest people in the SAP space. Employees are fairly compensated and rewards can be great for those that meet, and or exceed their target. Benefits are much better as compared to many high tech organizations and the options and services continue to get better.
Work life balance is, at times, very difficult to achieve Career development has to be forced because for many roles within SAP there is not a clearly defined promotion path past a certain level
- 5.0Jun 27, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPorto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
Career opportunities; Involvement with latest technology; Multi-cultural global community of intelligent people; Chances to be heard and influence processes at all organizational levels
None to mention. I spent a long time trying to think what to add, but the organization is open to hear and change anything that is/was perceived as disadvantages, so none to mention.SAP Response4y
Thank you very much for this review. It means a lot, especially from you who has been with the company for +10 years! Every comment/review helps. So thanks again.
- 4.0Apr 22, 2019PresalesFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsParis
As a big organization you have a lot of opportunities to visit and help other colleagues in other countries. So it’s good to bring back your knowledge to your team. Good conditions if your deserved it through your dedication and hard work. Internal programs issued by the HR if you want to change your carrer.
To move internally it can be challenging and better if your are good in politics. If you think you will join a company with a young mindset forget it, you will still have to work long hours in the office just to show off.SAP Response5y
Thanks for your review! We're glad to see you enjoyed your time in presales at SAP. SAP is focused on innovation and always out to minimize politics and reduce silos. One of our "How We Run" motivating behaviors is "Build Bridges, Not Silos" after all!
- 5.0May 17, 2017DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPalo Alto, CA
- Silicon Valley Next Talent (SVNT) Program: SVNT is a highly competitive rotational program and career accelerator within the products and innovation organization at SAP. The cool thing is that you can rotate on multiple SAP teams within the first year. At the end you may select the best fit based on mutually benefits. Therefore, you may develop a big picture mindset about SAP, while contributing your strengths on many impactful product features that are using by the world's most successful businesses. I think this unique program would be the best choice for all new graduates to consider. - Application Process: The review below is based on overall recruiting process of Silicon Valley Next Talent Program. The whole process took about one month (starting from the time that my resume was accepted and I submitted the survey form). The recruiter is pretty helpful and responsive with interview arrangements as well as status updates. The interview process has several rounds. The first round is talking your background with the recruiter. I learned about the recruiting process and what to expect after joining SVNT program. After that the second round interview is with the SVNT program manager, in which many behavioral questions were asked. I enjoyed the conversation a lot and found that the core values and team culture at SAP would be the perfect fit for me. I also felt connected with the program manager when I shared insights about my experiences and lessons learned. The third and fourth rounds are technical interviews with SAP experts in my field. The format and questions were similar to typical technical interviews with other large tech companies. One thing stood out was that all interviewers were super passionate about their work and shared many great things about working at SAP. These conversations really helped me to develop a better understanding about the benefits of SVNT program and I then decided to accept the offer from SAP instead of some other top companies.
The overall recruiting and on-boarding process in quite smooth and many detailed guidance is provided. I think the SVNT program at SAP is one of the best recruiting process I had ever experienced.13
- 5.0Sept 22, 2020Solution AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSingapore
I always feel the strategy behind SAP is Customer First and Employees are the center of the organization.
No Such thing I can remember in last six years.
- 4.0May 11, 2023Channel Sales Manager - East AfricaFormer Employee, more than 3 years
A very well structured global organization the clearly defines roles and responsibilities across by having the best leadership managers.
Sometimes over relies on the partner ecosystem that doesn't always deliver satisfaction to the customer.
- 4.0Sept 22, 2020ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
-Genuine compassionate managers that showed empathy during COVID -Work from home arrangements were very flexible even pre COVID -Great work life balance, management very respectful of personal time -Great compensation and family benefits, employee management team does a great job organizing events for each office and pivoted well to digital events during COVID -Leadership team is transparent with communication of results and change -Lots of opportunities to progress within the organization with consistent SAP Talks (career progression) and Catalyst programs for high performers -Colleagues generally care genuinely about each other
-Change is constant, need to have a flexible mindset to cope and almost preempt it -Internal tools and processes are cumbersome
- 5.0Sept 28, 2018ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMontreal, QC
SAP is a wonderful organization to work for because it works with Fortune 500 clients whereby we are always ahead technology and best practices. Companies like Nike, Porsche, Mercedes. Apple are a few of our clients and other partners. Aside from the benefits, discounted purchase options and remarkable engagement groups, the talent is amazing and you will work with many competent people. We have yoga and meditation classes, mindfulness workshops. Many invited guests from technology industries to provides you with information. Leadership women work shops, global coaching, mentoring programs and flexible work environment. It is truly a top notch company that will give back to their employees. No company is perfect but this is prefect for me
Cons: You are responsible for your career progression, so make it work.24SAP Response6y
Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and are so happy to hear that SAP is perfect for you! Indeed, there are so many fantastic benefits here and a strong culture for empowerment and collaboration. It's really motivating coming to work every day and being surrounded by inspirational people - amazing talent as you say!
- 5.0Dec 15, 2016Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
SAP is a large organization which gives you the freedom to learn and grow in many areas during our careers. At SAP, you never stop learning as the company is always reinvesting themselves by finding ways how to help business run at their best.
Being in a such large company, it can be overwhelming at first. But take this is as an advantage instead.SAP Response7y
Thank you so much for the positive review. We're glad to have you back and felt the need to tell the world about your honest experience with us.
- 4.0Sept 13, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Learn many new things about the ERP business as well as how wonderful people working throughout the organization.
Huge organization across multiple areas, hard to get things done.1SAP Response8y
Glad you had a generally positive experience while you were at SAP!