SAP Employee Reviews about "large company"

Updated Dec 16, 2020

4.6
SAP CEO Christian Klein
Christian Klein
2,675 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Big company with normal bureaucracy(in 221 reviews)

• "Having your voice heard since it is such a large company(in 187 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "large company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fulfilling iXp Program"

Current Intern - Marketing Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP for less than a year

Pros

An amazing, welcoming company with a robust internship experience, especially during in-person times. Lots of community initiatives and extra opportunities to explore passions, develop your career, and connect with others.

Cons

With such a large company, it can be hard to be heard, but upper management in my area has been doing their best to connect with employees.

September 18, 2020

Thanks a lot for your review and rating!

2. "Worth consideration"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, socially responsible, interesting products, opportunities to travel

Cons

Large company not easy to implement change

3. "Good company"

4.0
    Former Intern - BI Developer Intern

I worked at SAP

Pros

Lots of opportunities for interns like workshops; laid back company culture

Cons

Very large company and can be bureaucratic

4. "Great People, Great Opportunities, Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at SAP for many years and I'm continually impressed with how helpful employees are to each other. It drives me to make an extra effort so that anyone who comes to me leaves feeling that I removed a big unknown or roadblock for them. I believe these small behaviours add up to a great performance from the whole organization. After years at SAP, the one thing that has kept me is the ability to work on what I want. There are so many industries and technologies that SAP covers that you can start in a new technology area or run a large team or even have your new idea turned into a business. Finally, the benefits are very good - salary, bonuses, lunch card but more importantly I find for some are nice extras are the health benefits and support services like counseling to career path support and even resume writing. Also, I would like to add that working from home has been hugely helpful as I start a family as I can manage my life and work schedule together.

Cons

I believe it's hard to say there is a con with SAP, or if there is, they will likely solve it. It's more like, one is looking for red and SAP only has blue, or blue, green, orange, black. So a con might be that SAP doesn't fit what one is looking for right now. Do some research and learn what SAP can offer you. SAP is a large company with many offices. If you want to work in a small social networking startup and like the challenge of fighting it out to overcome all odds for a big win (or big loss) then maybe SAP isn't for you. With that said, if you want to experiment in a safer environment, with strong support services, access to customers and access to experienced people then SAP could work for you.

November 6, 2019

I appreciate your honest feedback and wish you all the best for the future with SAP !

5. "Incredible! Great community"

Current Intern - Intern in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SAP for less than a year

Pros

Good food! A lot of young talent

Cons

Lack of support in my role. Large company learning curve was steep

6. "Hard Problems, Smart Colleagues, Continuous Learning!"

Current Employee - Senior Director of Engineering in Waterloo, ON

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We get to work on and solve very hard problems. I enjoy working here because I get to work everyday with smart colleagues. Working with smart people challenges me, and everyone else to try our best. Additionally, we are constantly challenged to learn about the latest technologies, and consider how to apply them to our products. This triple combination of solving hard problems, working with smart colleagues, and continuous learning is energizing and motivating!

Cons

On occasions, being a large company, there are some bureaucracy issues, but in most cases, there are folks here willing to help navigate through them.

October 23, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you are part of the SAP family for such a long time.

7. "Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Parte Service Advisor in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great perks, great culture, offers work/life balance & best of all, great compensation.

Cons

Only downside I can really think of is what you'd expect in any extremely large company. Too many employees having stakes in the same projects/goals

October 23, 2019

Thank you for your review. We wish you a long and prosperous career here at SAP!

8. "Company with Great culture"

Current Intern - Support Engineer Intern

I have been working at SAP for less than a year

Pros

Open minded, friendly, helpful colleagues.

Cons

A large company so some procedures are rigid

"Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with SAP for almost ten years now, and it is the best company I've worked with in my career that starts with a great culture , and even better SAP employee community. The company celebrities & supports diversity and equal opportunity which is a huge plus for myself There are also solid growth and networking opportunities whether you start as a new employee, contractor or former employee looking to return. Benefits are second to none with lunch card, stock matching programs, personal spending account, pension matching and more.

Cons

As with any large company, there is A LOT of information to learn and stay up to date with while continuing everyday job duties/deadlines. The deadlines don't shift much as targets/goals are still needed to be made, so it could affect work life balance for a time if that's what's most important to you.

June 25, 2019Life at SAP Team

Your review title says it all - SAP IS the best place to work! Thank you for your review!

10. "Great workplace"

4.0
    Former Intern - Product Manager

I worked at SAP for less than a year

Pros

Helpful supervisors and co-workers! Open concept workplace.

Cons

It is a large company so had to wait around to get information sometimes

Viewing 1 - 10 of 187 English Reviews