The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about SAP? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SAP employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good if you don't plan on moving up in the company" (in 2470 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and Health" (in 1903 reviews)
- "The people you work with are great and feels like a much smaller company on the day to day." (in 1145 reviews)
- "The culture is great and they provide you the correct tools to thrive in a growing environment." (in 988 reviews)
- "Great company and colleagues during the time I worked there" (in 639 reviews)
- "Salaries are low across the board compared to similar positions both inside and outside of SAP Tempe." (in 797 reviews)
- "BAD MANAGEMENT & MANAGERS" (in 382 reviews)
- "A bad manager will only think about his/her own promotion and not care about team." (in 316 reviews)
- "With such a large company, it can be hard to be heard, but upper management in my area has been doing their best to connect with employees." (in 71 reviews)
- "Such a large organization that exposure do different LOBs is difficult to navigate and communicate with." (in 57 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SAP and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 3,513 of over 29K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "big company"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Oct 7, 2019Global Campaigns Marketing DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAtlanta, GA
SAP is a very positive place to work, surrounded by talented people that care about driving purpose in the business and in the world. There is an entrepreneurial spirit with flexibility and a good work/life balance. The SAP leadership team has the company on a clear and strong path forward.
Not many 'cons' working at SAP. It is large and sometimes can be a challenge to navigate but the company has excellent communications and resources.
- 5.0Aug 22, 2018OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The culture. Everyone cares about making SAP a great place to work. The company hires smart and passionate people and you feel like you are on a winning team. Work from home flexibility is my favorite perk. Great Benefits. Unlimited opportunity for advancement in the SAP universe.
Corporate red tape and bureaucracy are sometimes inhibitors to innovation and implementing employee-led initiatives. I feel like there is a cap on how much of a raise you can get in a new job/ after a promotion.