Ryan, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
Ryan, LLC CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance can be a challenge because of commitment to customer success(in 25 reviews)

• "Top leadership principals can at times be inattentive to needs of lower level leadership and teams(in 24 reviews)

"AMAZING Culture and People at Ryan, Globally and Consistently!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, sustainable growth, rewards, recognition, supportive leadership, you’re a person not just a number.

Cons

Not much to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep up up the great work, work and play hard. We love the team outings and support leadership. We are growing exponentially, don’t forget our grass routs!

Ryan, LLC2018-10-07
  2. "Tax Accountant"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

Nothing much to say here

Ryan, LLC2019-03-10
    • "Consultant"

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Work flexibility, compensation, bonus structure, motivated colleagues were all parts of what made it a good and enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Limited room for growth was the biggest reason I ended up leaving. There aren't that many positions in the company and the tend to be filled for what seems like the entire life of the individual.

Advice to Management

The aggressive growth targets of the firm really changed the atmosphere over the years I was there. It began to feel soulless and that was a disappointment.

Ryan, LLC2019-02-21

"Progressive work environment"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Ownership and Management are progressive and open to change. The firm is recognized around the world as one of the best places to work. Everyone at the firm is helpful and extremely knowledgeable, which makes it a great place to learn and develop.

Cons

Not many here. You have to be willing to work hard to reep the benefits this firm has to offer. Something I really appreciate about it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and listening to your employees. Having the discussions and openness to change will take this firm far. I don't believe there is a consulting firm out there that can compete with what Ryan has built. Great work!

Ryan, LLC2018-06-06

"Income Tax"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The overall company is good, however the Income Tax Group is not.

Cons

- Income Tax group is dysfunctional, the head of the group is very disrespectful to employees. -Would not recommend working here. -Pay is well below market value

Ryan, LLC2018-04-19
    • "Work life balance is what sets Ryan apart."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC for more than a year

Pros

- People - Company growth - Strong desire to help clients - Work life balance

Cons

- Management can at times have unrealistic expectations - At times, there can be a lack of understanding as to which clients are best for the specific departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, as they are the ones on the ground making sure work gets done.

Ryan, LLC2017-07-25

"Worst Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Salary and Benefits are normal

Cons

I will not recommend working in Ryan LLC. This place is only good if you know someone in the Management otherwise your life will be hell. 1) No Training 2) Open abuse, no respect at all 3)My Ryan is totally drama only gives this benefit to their babies and buddies 4) Very few CA are working, 5) No Paperless environment, the standard of working is very low not even close to mid-size accounting firms

Advice to Management

Be fair and open your eyes and find out what is going on under your nose,

Ryan, LLC2017-06-11

"An excellent fit"

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

After ten years of a public accounting environment, including my own practice for four years, I joined Ryan as I always wanted to pursue a career in sales tax. I'm finding I'm growing in the environment I'm in, and I love the flexibility I have to work from home. I love the general direction of the firm, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

Cons

In all honesty, I have yet to find something about my career here that I find disappointing. I love the work I do here.

Advice to Management

It would be good for Canadian sales tax experts to take courses to have an intermediary understanding of different VAT/Sales taxes across the globe so as better to identify opportunities for our clients.

Ryan, LLC2017-02-17

Ryan, LLC Response

February 22, 2017X

Thank you for your review. We really try and ensure a great fit between Ryan, LLC and its employees.

• "Truly a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I’m very proud to work at Ryan for the following reasons: • For offering challenging and meaningful work. • For hiring and retaining top talent. • For providing competitive compensation. • For valuing and rewarding the contribution of employees. • For investing heavily in training and development. • For guiding, supporting, nurturing and developing top performers. • For encouraging a work life balance under the...

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Leaders at Ryan set the example from the top and lead the organization very effectively. They genuinely care about and value employees. Relationships between leaders and employees are characterized by mutual respect, trust, honesty, and support.

Ryan, LLC2017-02-08

"Great employer for SR&ED in Canada"

Current Employee - Senior &ED Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

-large, interesting, varied client base allows for exposure to many interesting technologies -always get to learn and improve your skills -flexible work hours and work location -an ethical employer: file legitimate SR&ED claims (as opposed to some competitors who pressure employees to file bogus claims) -work with high quality team members -pay is combination of salary and commission/incentive -we are a growing...

Cons

This isn't really a con, but the flexible work hours doesn't mean you get to slack off. There is a lot of work to be done so you need to be organized, efficient and driven to succeed but the flexible hours and working location lets you do this and have a family and/or personal life at the same time. We have had some team members who think they can play the system and they didn't get to keep their job for long, but otherwise...

Ryan, LLC2017-01-10