Rue Gilt Groupe Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.1
Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny
Pros
Cons
  • "You do not practice you own core values Since buying Gilt you have kicked some of your best worker in the teeth to make room some(in 31 reviews)

• "There is no work-life balance in the BP department(in 27 reviews)

1. "Adm"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Working at Lalibela as a human resources department was a great experience. I recomen to anyone try it.

Cons

nothing wrong with them to say

Advice to Management

Nothing to say

Rue Gilt Groupe2017-01-14

"free food"

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

The break room has cereal, milk, soda, coffee, and cold brew. Employees love free beverages.

Cons

Cereal is great, but it would be great to have additional snacks such fresh fruit and fresh vegetables.

Advice to Management

Keep serving cold brew all summer long.

Rue Gilt Groupe2015-06-29
    • "Great place to work"

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People, culture, promote from within

Cons

Nothing in particular to add to cons

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-07-16
    • "Great company"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance Promotes from within

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-07-02
    • "Amazing team"

Former Employee - Stylist in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing team and colleagues, energetic community, solid work perks (401k, health insurance, summer Fridays, etc.), great location, upward and lateral mobility options.

Cons

Lack of transparency up and down the ladder. Reputation for poor management, but my own manager was AMAZING.

Advice to Management

My own manager was incredible. She supported me and rallied for me and my future opportunities. I would advise other managers to do the same. Don't try and take credit for the hard work of your team, respect their contributions, support them in their career growth.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-06-18

"Company closed it's Irish doors"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many while working there. The occasional pizza was purchased for staff. Work life balance was awful, supervisors were operated a clique mentality, advancement was reserved for staff in the clique & there was spates of bullying from management in my time there, all of the above causing my great anxiety leading to me having to quit the job after 2.5 years.

Cons

The company has since shut it's Irish operations & restricted us from spending the account credits we were taxed on. They now refuse to either accommodate spending of the credits worth $900 or refund the taxed amount.

Advice to Management

Little people exist as well. This company walks over the lower levels of staff. Remember who it is that speaks with your customers on a daily basis.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-07-02

"Bad"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Shepherdsvlle, KY

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some nice and friendly people

Cons

Poor management abusive inhumane treatment worker due to heat they sit around in their office while we the back bones of this business sweat ourselves to death but who care not the Owner,CEO,HR, or Managers, Supervisor oh let not forget the safety guy. Also the favoritism that has been allowed grow with in is unreal sometime it right down unethical.This is a company all about money not people. You do not practice you...

Advice to Management

Hold your managers and HR accountable they hold us accountable.to many leads in outbound seven to be exacted Clean your company up bad folks thinking about self look at your turn over

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-06-29
    • "Great environment, little pay"

Former Employee - Feature Writer in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, fun people and work environment.

Cons

Good job out of college but extremely low pay.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-05-11

"Never knew how truly undervalued I was, until I went elsewhere"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Pockets of great people in various depts (however, if you are a kind person you usually get managed out) fun perks (parties; surprise & delights; summer Friday's) employee discount

Cons

A common theme that I learned from my own experience and those who have also left, was how shocked I/they were when they went to a new org. I had been beaten down so much emotionally, that it was odd when I was in a new company and people were kind/gave so much positive feedback. It took awhile to fully work through all of the emotional abuse that Rue had left on me. Friends I still stay in touch with report similar experiences...

Advice to Management

Listen to your people/these reviews. If you keep reading similar things....they might be true.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-06-05

"See those values on the wall when you interview? They don't live by them."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

There are some good, smart people here. Unfortunately, they don't stay long because they are chased out by immature behavior and the obvious favoritism from the leadership.

Cons

Favoritism runs rampant, and it starts with the CEO. The CPO does nothing to stem this behavior, and engages in it herself. The HR Business Partners in Boston lack the knowledge and experience typically required for the role, leading to behaviors that have led others in the company to refer to the HRBPs and CPO as "the mean girls". RGG claims Kind and Collaborative as core values, but they rarely actually lives up to...

Advice to Management

Start actually living the values. Invest both time and money in long term solutions. Stop chasing the products and initiatives that competitors are coming up with and actually BE innovative. Stop promoting based on favoritism.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-05-30

Rue Gilt Groupe Response

June 3, 2019Chief People Officer

I am sorry that you had a negative experience at RGG. This is certainly not the environment and culture that we are striving for. Please reach out to me directly to provide concrete feedback which can then be actionable.

Found 472 reviews