Rue Gilt Groupe Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny
Pros
Cons
  • "You do not practice you own core values Since buying Gilt you have kicked some of your best worker in the teeth to make room some(in 31 reviews)

• "There is no work-life balance in the BP department(in 27 reviews)

1. "Adm"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Working at Lalibela as a human resources department was a great experience. I recomen to anyone try it.

Cons

nothing wrong with them to say

Advice to Management

Nothing to say

Rue Gilt Groupe2017-01-14

"free food"

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

The break room has cereal, milk, soda, coffee, and cold brew. Employees love free beverages.

Cons

Cereal is great, but it would be great to have additional snacks such fresh fruit and fresh vegetables.

Advice to Management

Keep serving cold brew all summer long.

Rue Gilt Groupe2015-06-29
  3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Receiving in Shepherdsville, KY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work for a factory, pay was decent, a lot of opportunities to advance in company, lunch was provided once or twice a month.

Cons

i couldn’t say there are any

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-04

"Service needs a lot of work"

Former Employee - Personal Stylist

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to work from home which is a plus if you are a self starter. Management did a great job at making us feel like a team even though we worked remotely. Coworkers are really nice and always willing to help.

Cons

The turnover rate is pretty high. The top stylists are treated differently than the rest of the pack (get more top tier clients etc). A system that keeps top stylists at the top and the rest of the stylists scrambling to try and make things work with the clients they have. There are a lot of issues with the way this service is structured (some are pretty obvious). Firing people every other month won’t fix it.

Advice to Management

Stop using stylists as scapegoats and focus on implementing changes to the service that may actually give it a fighting chance at longevity.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-11
  5. "I love working at RGG"

Current Employee - Director in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great! Company focuses on the people and member experience. They truly live the values of the company: Passionate, Innovative, Collaborative, Kind, Empowered, and Tenacious.

Cons

Business is sometimes unpredictable but company is tenacious and responds.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-08-27
  6. "Challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for less than a year

Pros

RGG is overall a great place to work. I feel that I am always collaborating with people who are smarter than me and challenge me to perform at my best. I am always given the tools to succeed and associates, for the most part, are very dedicated and passionate around what they do. The culture and the people that I get to work with every day are the best part of working here!

Cons

There are many changes happening with the business currently and it can cause a frantic/fast-paced environment for associates. While this can be a negative, it also can provide great growth and development opps for those that enjoy a faced-past, pivoting and thinking-on-your-feet work environment.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-08-27

"Don’t ignore the reviews!"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Flexible time off

Cons

Everything, please listen to the other reviews. It is not worth taking a job here to get out of another job - that’s what I did and I was miserable for years. The place is run so poorly. The high level management does not care about the employees holding the company on their back. To them you are indispensable. You will work tirelessly for a company that is not willing and not in a place to make the changes they... need to make in order to be successful. The compensation is LAUGHABLE and you will work for almost nothing (don’t rely on raises as you will not receive much of one)

Advice to Management

Reevaluate EVERYTHING and treat your employees as people instead of looking at them like numbers. DO NOT WORK HERE

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-12

"Challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work is challenging, culture is great, leadership is strong

Cons

Sometimes there's a good amount of work to be done with a limited time frame but it's good stress to help the company move forward.

Advice to Management

Keep being open on all the initiatives that are taking place.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-07-31
  9. "Good Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work Life Balance enviroment

Cons

little career development help from management

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-08-13

"Failing Leadership"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RGG has recently added flexible time off - but are still stingy about this. Yes -we get "unlimited" days off - but don't go over 15 days or else you will be on the chopping block!

Cons

Low pay, horrible middle management - and even worse leadership team.

Advice to Management

The business has not been able to course-correct through the Gilt acquisition - yet leadership seems unconcerned. Much of middle-management has been laid off this year, and our leaders have remained silent. If you are the CEO going through an acquisition - communicate with your people. Much of the company is searching for a way out before it is too late, as we all see the writing on the wall - a failing business.... Our CFO has a one-track mind and forces change and directs workflow blindly, not actually understanding how a minor change has a mighty ripple effect through the company. Our CEO seems entirely checked-out, I actually don't even remember the last time he was in the office. Even when he is in the office he is unapproachable. The HR team doesn't seem to understand the purpose of their jobs: when asked why leadership hasn't stepped up as leaders this year- HR's response was that "they haven't said anything because there is nothing to say." Let me key you in on a little secret: a good leader should always have something to say. This company is driving itself directly off of a bridge with no guard rails! Advice to management: listen to your people - stop ignoring us!

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-08-30

Rue Gilt Groupe Response

September 5, 2019Chief People Officer

Thank you for your direct feedback. I am taking your advice and would love to speak with you directly in order to be able to address your concerns and hopefully improve your experience. Please reach out so that we can meet.

Found 479 reviews