Rue Gilt Groupe Intern Reviews

1 Rating

"Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people were incredibly nice.

Cons

Honestly, my experience was incredibly positive.

2. "Buying Intern, Gilt Home"

Former Intern - Buying Intern in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, culture, and office space. Established intern program with weekly information sessions that teach you everything about the company from the ground up.

Cons

Tedious work, always in the office, always at your desk

"Internship Program"

Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe

Pros

Really in-depth program where you get to learn about every department of the company, office culture is very young and there is a lot of collaboration between teams, all higher-ups are very welcoming and approachable (the ceo sits in a cubicle just like the rest of us and is always available to schedule meetings with or grab coffee with)

Cons

no compensation for interns, there is a lot of room for independence which can be both a pro and a con -- depends on your levels of independence

"Planning Analyst Intern"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for- everyone is incredibly friendly and laid back, yet hard-working and there are tons of company perks.

Cons

Rue is a very fast-paced environment, so you have to be incredibly organized at all times and recognize what projects should take precedence over others.

5. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

- company is very transparent about their strategy, goals, and progress. - everyone is eager to teach each other and share expertise - casual office environment - open floor plan that is conducive to a team environment

Cons

- interns aren't paid - they only hire for full-time positions in real time when positions become available

"Great Summer Internship Experience"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Rue La La's internship program is absolutely the best. Over the summer, I had the opportunity to own many projects and was able to see how my work directly impacted the business. What sets Rue's internship program apart, I believe, is the fact that I was given so much responsibility. Team members valued my opinion like I was a regular employee; I never felt like I was treated any lesser because I was an intern here. My favorite part about Rue La La is the the people that I got to meet. At Rue, people are welcoming and collaborative. There is a lot of cross-departmental work and everyone seems to know each other's name. I would recommend the internship program to anyone looking for a challenging, rewarding internship opportunity in Boston.

Cons

I did not observe anything at Rue La La that I would consider as a con. The culture fosters learning and development better than any other program that I have heard of.

Continue reading
  7. "Creative and innovative."

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Treat their interns like their employees and want to help them grow. Sample sales.

Cons

No cons as an intern for me personally. However, I know some of the interns didn't feel like they had enough work to do throughout the day.

"Great experience"

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I had a very enjoyable experience as an intern.

Cons

A lot of times, I felt that the process to get things accomplished was very slow. It took a lot of time to get things through each team in order for your task to be completed.

9. "Best Internship you'll Find in Fashion"

Former Intern - Men's Buying Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Gilt provided me with the opportunity to be involved with many different aspects of the buying process and treated me as one of their own rather than an intern. The atmosphere is very 'tech,' no single employee has his or her own office, which makes exposure to senior management very transparent and comfortable (even as an intern). I actually looked forward to coming to the office every morning! The internship program itself exposed me to all different departments from every facet of the company and opened a lot of doors in terms of career development and mentorship.

Cons

Unpaid internship in New York City

"Former Marketing Intern"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe for less than a year

Pros

Paid internship, flexible hours around school schedule

Cons

Not sure what to do with interns, hired as Gilt intern to work with outside Consultants

Found 14 reviews