Rogers Insurance Calgary Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2021

Found 7 of over 19 reviews

3.6
Rogers Insurance President Lee Rogers (no image)
Lee Rogers

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Great to be a part of this organization.

Oct 6, 2020 - QA Engineer in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

On-site clinic, Good Health Benefits, Good Clients, Relaxed Dress Code, Opportunities, Great Management, Good Atmosphere.

Cons

Few things has to be focused in management otherwise it is awesome.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Perk driven, low salary, ok culture

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dog friendly office, weekly popcorn and slushies, various social events, wellness rooms, and insane Christmas party celebrations. The people are great and know how to have fun.

Cons

Low salary despite marketing themselves as competitive, management is shady and very clicky, culture is not that great.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent team environment, high knowledge level with willingness to share between the team.

Aug 29, 2020 - Account Executive in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, positive, team work, knowledge

Cons

High workload, lacks process organization

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Finance Staff

Mar 25, 2019 - Finance Staff Member in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for people looking for perks as they go about their routine 9 to 5 tasks. You can bring your dog to the workplace and they do a good job of hosting several events to make the staff feel appreciated.

Cons

A top-down management structure and zero employee empowerment means that ideas to improve organizational performance are often completely ignored. A lack of career progression exists for skilled employees as friends/family members (plenty of those in the company) are favoured over those showing tangible value. There are a lot of office politics.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Would not recommend

Mar 30, 2017 -  in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I worked for Rogers Insurance a few years back and had to take leave for a few months to recover from emergency surgery. Upon my return I was terminated. I had only worked for Rogers for under a year and felt as though I was discriminated against for having a medical issue arise that was out of my control. In my almost 20 year career in Insurance I have never been terminated from any job and have always been repsected and had positive review feedback from all other places of employment. I had done nothing at Rogers except provide excellent client service and perform my duties as I have always done throughout my career. The organization is sexist and usually does not promote women from Account Management roles. Men are hired in as producers but gery rarely are women hired as producers. If a woman is lucky enough to obtain a producer role, they are generally hired in a such and almost never promoted into that role within the company. The best part of this entire experience is that they must have had a lot of turnover over the years or have terminated numerous staff as the COO actually attempted to recruit me off of Linkedin once forgetting he had terminated me. Would not recommend this place to work. They may dazzle you with their perks i.e. "bring your dog to work" policies but it is extremely clicky and sexist and they genuinely do not care about their employees.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Insurance broker

Nov 29, 2016 - Insurance Broker in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company if you want to be healthy: encourages yoga and walking/running on lunch hours or after work, healthy eating choices and group sport activities after hours.

Cons

Not very interested in making new staff feel welcome or assisting with their learning curve into the company culture. Immediate boss didn't even say "Hi" until the 3rd week in.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place to work in the insurance industry

Jan 3, 2009 - Manager in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rated every year as one of the best employers in Alberta; they do a lot for the staff. If people are stressed or need time off they are sympathetic. Lots of social functions. Unlike some of the competitors they don't hire a lot of people straight out of school so generally pretty experienced bunch.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized because of all the growth; not all managers are as skilled as others; Bruce is the best. Although they try some of the newer people lack experience.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews