Rogers Communications Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 225 of over 4k reviews

3.9
Rogers Communications President and CEO Joe Natale
Joe Natale
1,107 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good learning opportunities good benefits(in 275 reviews)

• "Great benefits/stock options (matching pension, rrsp and stocks)(in 222 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it is hard to have work/life balance(in 119 reviews)

• "Long hours with angry customers(in 62 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love the company

Jan 17, 2021 - Business Systems Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and Great team work. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Raise after you join company

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good culture

Jan 23, 2021 - Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture and work life balance

Cons

need more innovation for the traditional business

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Jan 4, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, modern workplace, amazing collaboration between teams

Cons

Less advancement possibilities outside head office, IT departments can be siloed

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great welcoming place to work.

Sep 17, 2020 - Senior Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Good for new immigrants. Good work environment. Welcoming company culture. Great benefits. Great dental and pharmacy benefits. Rogers attracts talented co-workers. Lots of time available to imrpove your skill set, learn new skills. Lots of resources for personal development LinkedIn Learning, you can request for reimbursement of Udemy courses. on-site physician, nurse, chiropractor, massage therapist and nutritionist. Overall a great place to work if you are looking for slow growth in your career, or a place to be able to focus on your family life and work-life balance.

Cons

Little or no chance of advancement in career. I was far more experienced than my peers. I trained them, shared resources with them and helped improve internal processes significantly. There were no opportunities for promotions in my department. My manager has been in the same role for 15+ years. Their manager has been in the role for 15+ years. So I looked for lateral growth. Applied for similar roles in other teams at Rogers. I was asked to wait for my 12 month period to end. You cannot move internally during first 12 months. I waited. After 12 months were over, I applied for internal roles where I felt I was a good fit. No call, no interviews, no consideration. After applying for more than 12 roles at Rogers over 12 months, I only landed one interview. I have an MBA Finance, sucks that in a company of 20,000+ I do not have an opportunity to grow. Will keep applying for internal roles. Have seen three brilliant, sharp team members resign over the past 12 months. Why? Why couldn't you retain them? Pay is not at par with market rates. Other employers pay higher for the same roles. However, other employers do not provide same level of benefits, programs, facilities.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Overall good

Nov 20, 2020 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits friendly people caring about employees

Cons

over worked and underpaid good place to get in and get experience but then should get out as pay increase are not proportional to the positions in most cases poor work/life balance

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Job

Dec 10, 2020 - Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, good pay, helpful and good work life balance.

Cons

Nothing too notable, great company,

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to build a Career

May 12, 2020 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rogers is a great place for someone with ambition and drive to build a career in a variety of different fields. Having started at the Call Center level, I moved up into corporate after asking questions and talking to supportive managers, and inquiring bout different training opportunities within the company, including a "PATH" program which allows Customer service reps to not only shadow, but take on work in a department of their choosing. At the corporate level, there is an abundance of support for Work/life balance, as welll as good compensation in terms of benefits, perks, and pay.

Cons

If you're starting from the ground up, you'll have to sell yourself as someone that wants to make your way upwards. When I engaged in the Job shadow program, it took a great deal of effort to find out how to engage with the right people.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 24, 2020 - Financial Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

salary, work life balance, great co-workers

Cons

work can be very repetitive

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sr Analyst

Oct 19, 2020 - Senior Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work. Good work life balance.

Cons

Little chance to advance in your career

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

All that glitter isn't gold

Nov 18, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get each pay ontime and nothing else. But this is a must so I have to put something.

Cons

Too much to speak about. No work life balance. Customers come first even before your health

Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Reviews