Rogers Arena Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2020

3.5
Rogers Arena President & CEO Chris Zimmerman
Chris Zimmerman
  1. "Great place to work! The experience is amazing, and you meet the best people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Quick Service Cook in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Rogers Arena part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

wages, pretty much watching a game for free

Cons

availability issues- they require you to be available for a certain portion of the months events but they will schedule you for days/events that you pecifically marked as unavailable

Rogers Arena2020-03-03
  2. "Great Workplace Ambience"

Current Employee - Quick Service Attendant

I have been working at Rogers Arena part-time

Pros

You get to choose your work dates and there are discounts on all the food. Drinks like pop are free.

Cons

Event-based, work with different people every time.

Rogers Arena2020-02-25
  3. "QS Cook for 5 years"

Former Employee - QS Cook

I worked at Rogers Arena part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, awesome co-workers, flexible work schedule, most of the cook managers are great people and fun to work for

Cons

Two faced upper management managers (more that deal with the customers)

Rogers Arena2020-01-22
  4. "Hospitality"

5.0
    Current Employee - Beer Server

I have been working at Rogers Arena part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good paid, good customer and high tips

Cons

Long shift and that’s pretty much.

Rogers Arena2019-09-21
  5. "Poorly managed top down. No appreciation for your efforts and your job is expendable at all times, any moment."

1.0
    Former Employee - Warehouse Materials Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Rogers Arena part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not many, if any that I experienced. You might get a quick view of a NHL hockey player, touring musician and band or celebrity, but Meh! Pfffft!

Cons

So many I could write a non-fiction novel about those. Corporate politics are overwhelming at every level of the micro-managed operations.

Rogers Arena2019-09-18
  6. "Quick Service Attendant"

Current Employee - QSA

I have been working at Rogers Arena part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are great if you're a student or work other jobs. Most of the co-QSAs are a pleasure to work with. There is potential for growth to become a supervisor if you really want it.

Cons

Event-based and union seniority makes shifts scarce. Taking this job, I thought there would be a lot of rude customers who want their food fast so they can go enjoy the game, but the rudest customers are actually the ones that work in the building (Event Hosts, security).

Rogers Arena2019-04-10

"Server for the Sports Bar Live"

1.0

I worked at Rogers Arena part-time

Pros

You get to eat free food sometimes.

Cons

*Lack/Zero communication from management team to FOH team. *Awful tips* don't let them fool you during interview process - they'll tell you what you want to hear... short hours, no customer complaints.. make LOADS of cash. * New servers need to be available for 80% of the shifts. At interview - they tell you it's 60% of shifts. It is only 60% for senior servers. *The uniforms are too tight, too short and too everything you don't want them to be. You're selling your curves and cleavage to the male dominant clientele. Senior servers get to wear pants and long sleeve shirts. *IT IS FREEZING HERE!!! and you're walking around in a tight little dress, while the guests are in Hoodies, jerseys ,toques, pants.. It is incredibly divided, between the Haves and the Have nots.. If you're a new server, you'll be extremely under appreciated. No matter how hard you work. *You will walk into this place and hear 90% of the employees complain because they hate it, you can sit down and talk to the managers, tell them you're not happy, they won't listen, but they will make promises. Not to mention some of the management is incredibly rude. The other 10% of servers are the "seniors" they get the best sections, hours and make significantly more money. However, they do notably less work. The "new" servers pick up the slack of the senior servers. If you know the managers you can get moved up within 2 shifts to the "senior" level. Closing note: I've never hated a work place more, in my entire life.

Rogers Arena2019-03-19
  8. "Reasonable Place for Part Time Work Alongside Other Full Time Obligations"

Current Employee - Quick Service Attendant

I have been working at Rogers Arena part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can choose your availability early Good side job since the hours are not overwhelming Most people working are polite and willing to help newcomers

Cons

Cleanliness is often neglected Lack of organization when it comes to inventory Training process needs developing to be useful

Rogers Arena2018-09-03
  9. "Decent tips, kind of."

Bartender in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Rogers Arena for less than a year

Pros

Tips were about $100 per 5 or 6 hour shift. Not bad but not great either.

Cons

You have to be available for a certain amount of shifts or they will fire you.

Rogers Arena2018-08-26
  10. "host"

I worked at Rogers Arena part-time

Pros

meet various people, excitement of the events, stay physically active, always moving, helping people

Cons

advance notice of shifts, ease of finding your hours

Rogers Arena2018-07-12