- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Canada - All Cities
- - Alberta
- - Calgary, AB Area
- - Airdrie, AB
- - Calgary, AB
- - Cochrane, AB
- - Kathyrn, AB
- - Rocky View, AB
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 16 of over 52 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Got a burning question about Rocky View Schools? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rocky View Schools employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Feb. 7, 2022 - English TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great values, lots of support, employees who care about students and learning
outside the city of Calgary, the schools are quite spread out
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 29, 2022 - Substitute Teacher in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible, good schools, good experience
Hard to get a contract
- Current Temporary Employee★★★★★Jun. 4, 2022 - TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
An average division to work for. The pay is consistent with surrounding areas and benefits are also similar. They're forward thinking in many ways. The schools are nice and most are welcoming.
Just like other posters said nepotism, nepotism, nepotism. Its pretty appalling to see the number of people hired just because they have a personal relationships with principals. If your young, have less than 5 years experience and your poor to average at your job you'll get hired here. There are so many people here who take leaves and can just come back to a job. It's insane. I've never seen this anywhere else. Such a poor model for students - no consistency with learning. Also very in your face about FNMI relationships but its all surface level. They don't seem to actually care about experience working with FNMI communities. Its just another tick in a box for them. Also no benefits for subs and no feedback about your practice. They don't help with finding current employees jobs just keep hiring new people. If you've been subbing for 2 years its time to run - all the long terms call it "sub purgatory."Continue reading
- Current Contractor, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb. 12, 2022 - Teacher in Rocky View, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- teachers treated like professionals - clear communication from superintendent and admins - many resources - pay is comparable to surrounding divisions - benefits are good - limited meetings - support professional growth - PD funding
- new teachers all the time - high staff absences - HR difficult to work with (i.e. no responses for weeks to email and calls) - nepotism in hiring - permanent contract teachers get away with extreme unprofessional conduct - treated like a number not as a human being by central office - EAs not used effectively - no mentorship programs for new teachers - people with no related experience or education in "specialist" positionsContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Dec. 8, 2021 - Teacher in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Dedicated, supportive teachers A smaller district
Continual additions to our workload
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 24, 2021 - Subsitute Teacher in Airdrie, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
kind administration teachers were prepared lesson plans were always ready
Early school start times (7:50 - 8am)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov. 25, 2021 - Teacher in Airdrie, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good PD opportunities. Supportive principal.
HR can be difficult to deal with
- KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.per_diem-current★★★★★Jun. 21, 2021 - Substitute Teacher in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Friendly and happy staff at most schools
Pay is less than most districts
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar. 10, 2021 - Teacher in Cochrane, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work. Never want to leave.
I have nothing negative to say.
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb. 17, 2021 - Substitute Teacher in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits, can work a lot.
You are a number to them.