Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 14 Nov 2019

4.2
Robert Walters CEO Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 35 reviews)

• "Good training programme especially for new people to the industry(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Good company culture and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

RW is a global firm. With such a large presence internationally, we have the benefits of leveraging best practices from around the globe and apply them to our local businesses. The team in Toronto is professional and hard working, they strive for excellent customer service and building and maintaining strong relationships. The management is supportive of peoples goals (personally & professionally) working... together to help consultants achieve success. Everyone works towards a common initiative which helps drive strong business values and outcomes. As a newer business, there is plenty of opportunity for growth, both as a professional and as an organisation, this is an exciting aspect for those really looking to make an impact.

Cons

- Older systems. As a larger company, it takes a bit longer to make changes to systems or certain processes. This is in the process of being changed - but will take some time. Brand Awareness - as a new provider in the recruitment space, we are working on establishing a name brand. This will take time and is part of the process. The nice thing, is that it is being done the right way.

Advice to Management

- Continue to provide opportunities for entrepreneurial spirit and thought to help drive business process & improvement.

Robert Walters2019-09-16

"Amazing introduction to working life following graduation"

Current Employee - Researcher in Manchester, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great leadership -Good sense of cohesion amongst the team -Adult environment in that sick days and time off are no big deal

Cons

-Can't fault this company considering the opportunity they have given me -Culturally the place is a bit ambiguous

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Robert Walters2019-11-04
  3. "Not your typical global"

Current Employee - Manager in Brisbane

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, excellent formal and informal training, significant tech and tools available to Consultants. Clearly defined career paths, extensive contribution to charitable causes, great engagement with industry, consultative approach to clients and genuine commitment to a strong candidate experience.

Cons

No cons in my opinion.

Robert Walters2019-11-07
  4. "Nice colleagues and international"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Frankfurt am Main

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters enabled me to be myself at work. I had the chance to work in different offices of Robert Walters and nice colleagues were always guaranteed in each of these offices. Robert Walters is a fast growing company but it is still overseeable enough that you can see your impact on the company. A lot of team incentives are organised and there are more and more trainings. Generally, I have the feeling that I... am learning when I am at work. I have my own projects and am not micromanaged. On the contrary, they trust in you which is why I am also intrinsically motivated to deliver results.

Cons

If you cannot work in a loud working environment where telephones are ringing and salesmen and women jumping around then it's not a job for you.

Advice to Management

In some cases a more strategic approach would be beneficial for the company.

Robert Walters2019-11-05
  5. "Fantastic learning and working environment with some of the best in the business."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career opportunities are unrivalled and achievable

Cons

Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful

Robert Walters2019-10-28
  6. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team spirit, Flexible working and incredible Client base. People very friendly and a lot of very senior Consultants who have a great network and Industry experience. Have hired some excellent people in the past 6 months who are very quality driven and genuinely care about the levels of service and quality of work. Crossover between Walters People and Robert Walters is great - lots of cross selling. Management... team is really strong, with great reputation.

Cons

Coming from an Industry background, it takes time getting used to the highs and lows - you can control the process as well as possible but still you may not get the result you need. However a lot of support is given to new starters with really good training program, so expect this will even out over time !

Advice to Management

Keep your levels of enthusiasm - it is great to work in a place where everyone wants to see you succeed !

Robert Walters2019-10-25
  7. "Dublin"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing people, the best and brightest in the industry. Supportive collegiate environment

Cons

None at all, RW is a great company to work in

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the support

Robert Walters2019-10-25
  8. "Great Culture and work environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Staff Good leader who is always happy to chat Good training programme especially for new people to the industry Very team focussed and everyone is really supportive Good culture and friendly fun work environment

Cons

more flexibility around work arrangements

Robert Walters2019-11-06
  9. "Great company to work for if you put the effort in"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Atmosphere, only sales company I know where your colleagues want you to do equally well as they do individually. You get a lot of encouragement which sometimes you dont in other places -Not a hire and fire place, they give you time to build your desk and market -Very strong culture, not many idiots, which says a lot working in a sales environment -They encourage events and have a fantastic marketing team that... enable you to produce relevant marketing material for clients and candidates alike -Good meritocratic structure. If you work hard and produce results it will be recognised

Cons

The commission structure could be improved but if it was like other places it could also have an effect on the vibrancy of the firm and the team ethos culture that RW is built around

Advice to Management

More collaboration with other offices across the globe, utilise the global nature of the business better i.e. more transparency across international teams to enable better cross-selling opportunities

Robert Walters2019-10-21
  10. "International Induction Training"

Current Employee - Associate in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Phenomenal experience being included in the International Induction Training where Robert Walters took us to the Brussels offices. Highlight of the trip was definitely the exposure to teams from across Europe and hearing all about the different markets and comparing strategies. World class training and wonderful dinner certainly can't be overlooked either.

Cons

Giving the travel time it would have been great to have had an extra day of more targeted and specialised training.

Advice to Management

The London office is falling behind its European counterparts with regards to the actual office itself. Furnishings, office chairs and the general technology infrastructure could do with an upgrade.

Robert Walters2019-10-17