Robert Half Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Robert Half Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 3328 reviews

3.5
Robert Half CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance as a recruiter may be difficult for some(in 212 reviews)

• "Very long hours required to build book of business(in 181 reviews)

1. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Make a difference in your community

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Robert Half2019-07-27
  2. "Hard work, lots of opportunity to make money if you follow their lead"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great brand and market share Colleagues are lots of fun Really cool technology - Salesforce Great culture

Cons

First year can be tough, it’s sales

Advice to Management

Keep investing in tech and your people.

Robert Half2019-09-12
  3. "great way to gain sales experience"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

-very collaborative -robust training and onboarding -strong corporate culture -full autonomy in your role

Cons

- your base salary is a draw that you are responsible for paying back through placements. This means you are working 100% on commission.

Robert Half2019-09-09
  4. "Performance culture"

Current Employee - Division Director in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture of performance and excellence, high risk, high reward Work hard, play hard.

Cons

Need to have a good capacity to manage stress.

Advice to Management

Hire slowly fire quickly

Robert Half2019-08-26
  5. "It's a good job if you like $ and are willing to work for it"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

The commission is great, the training is very thorough and it's a good learning environment

Cons

It's going to consume your life. You have to be motivated by money to stay.

Advice to Management

Be open to change

Robert Half2019-08-25
  6. "Great company to work with if you are open and agressive with cold calling and closing sales"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for growth, great team set up

Cons

No cons...you just need to make sure you have a great start to keep up

Robert Half2019-08-22

"Great intro into the world of recruiting"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Note* this really depends on which team you work on and the Division Direct or Branch Manager which runs the team... My team was amazing - great "work hard, play hard" mentality... this was my first job in a sales oriented role and I thought that it would be very cutthroat, but all my colleagues were very supportive in sharing resources and helping each other succeed. I was a 360° recruiter, meaning I had to... find clients as well as candidates... as long as your team is supportive and collaborative, there's no reason why you can't close deals in your first month by finding candidates to place in your colleagues' open job orders while you work to build up your book of business. If you put in the hard work, plus a little bit of luck, it is definitely possible to clear $100K in your first year or two. Benefits are also wicked. As a Recruiting Manager, I got 4 weeks of vacation to start which was bumped up to 5 weeks at the start of my second year.

Cons

Ultimately, sales is a numbers game, so the only way a manager can track whether or not you're doing well is by the number of deals you're closing. If that number isn't up to par, then they have to start looking at numbers at the top of the funnel, such as how many client meetings you're booking, how many interviews you're booking, etc. It's definitely not a job for someone who just wants to coast and get by.... Salary is on a draw system. I was allowed to "pick" whatever my base salary was (anywhere between $45K to $60K), but know that your billings have to cover your monthly base salary before you actually start to see any bonus. That means at the end of the day, your base salary doesn't matter in your total compensation; it's just there to help you pay the bills and the rent. If you're not able to continuously keep up with your targets and at least match your base salary in billings, you will go deeper into "the hole" and honestly the only way to get out is to turn things around and have a great amazing months, or quit. I've seen a lot of recruiters quit because they were too deep in the hole and the stress was building up. As a side note, hitting their targets will set you on pace for $90K. I said benefits were great and you get a lot of vacation time... however, the truth is that you eat what you kill. If you take a 2 week vacation, that's 2 weeks of no interviews, no client visits, no business development or recruiting calls, which translates to 2 weeks of 0 activity and will put a pause in your billings. As a note; THIS IS NOTE AN HR JOB. Just because you studied HR does not mean you will do well in this job... in fact, I've seen that most people who studied HR actually end up hating the job because they don't realize it's a SALES job. Make sure you know the difference between internal recruiting and external recruiting before making a decision on which one you want to join.

Robert Half2019-06-28
  8. "*I did not work internally for OfficeTeam at Robert Half. I worked for their clients Downtown in Toronto.*"

Former Employee - Temporary Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

I sent my resume to OfficeTeam and they responded to me within a day. I initially had an interview over Skype to register with them and then the next day they sent me some skills testing to complete - Microsoft Office and a typing speed test. I was interviewed by Laura Grassia - she is the Division Director. I was put out to work on temporary assignments immediately and, as I had just moved to Canada from... Ireland, I was delighted with how fast they were to place me out to work and also how friendly and helpful Laura was. She always has a smile on her face and a great attitude. She helped prep me for my client interview also. When I was placed on my assignment, Laura made sure I got my first paycheck the following week with no delay and I had her direct phone number to contact if I had any issues. I recommended OfficeTeam and Robert Half in general to all of my friends and they had similarly positive experiences. Highly recommend registering with them for temporary or even contract/permanent positions too as they are so well connected in the Downtown Toronto area (and the GTA) and have some amazing clients. 10/10 candidate experience IMHO.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Robert Half2019-06-18
  9. "Good place"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Very fast paced environment sometimes

Robert Half2019-06-04
  10. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Markham, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great boss, great team, easy to communicate with

Cons

Sales rep are unreasonable, ask for the impossible in a short amount of time

Robert Half2019-06-12