Robert Half Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Robert Half Reviews

Found 3073 reviews

3.4
Robert Half CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Pros
  • "Great company, fast pace atmosphere big on life balance and very team oriented(in 115 reviews)

• "They have great training and support(in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance as a recruiter may be difficult for some(in 210 reviews)

• "Long hours and the nature of the job is difficult(in 181 reviews)

1. "Robert Half Finance & Accounting"

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

very supportive, fun team that pushes and supports you. All are very driven, professional, dedicated and I learned a lot from them. You work your own desk and have the freedom to do your own style of recruiting.

Cons

not so much of a Con but you get what you put in. It's overall a commission based role so if you aren't willing to put in the hours to build your book of business, don't bother.

Robert Half2019-05-15
  2. "Great Place to Work and Make Great Money"

Current Employee - On A Team-enjoying My Work Job and What I Do in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Brand Name Recognition A lot of support from systems to training to leadership

Cons

Structure is not for everyone - however if you can learn the structure and best practices you will be extremely successful

Advice to Management

learn how to deliver the message, not everyone can handle a general message

Robert Half2019-05-13
  3. "Worth it - if you're willing to hustle."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Great office atmosphere (Mississauga office) - Solid teammates - Leadership that cares - Hands-off management (dependent on team) - Fun company activities/ outings - Potential for good commission if you achieve targeted metrics

Cons

- Can be stressful if you do not know how to manage your time or if you are not willing to put in the work

Advice to Management

More frequent team building and/ or company outings to continue building a strong rapport within the office!

Robert Half2019-05-01

"Staffing Specialist"

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

people, marketing materials, administrative support

Cons

too many levels of management, hardcore metric culture, "but what have you done for me lately" attitude from the Top

Advice to Management

calm down

Robert Half2019-05-08
  5. "Great recruitment experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Room for growth and development opportunities - You can earn a lot of money if you stay for at least 2+ years - Commission is great if you really work hard at it

Cons

- No work life balance - Some teams would be off by 3pm on Fridays during summer season and other teams are pushed to work until 5pm

Robert Half2019-04-23
  6. "Great culture"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

- Very energetic working environment - There is a lot of attention put to onboarding - My direct manager really cares about my success

Cons

- Very long hours required to build book of business

Robert Half2019-04-17

"Don't overachieve, this is a job where you if you do the bare minimum you will be rewarded."

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Hard working individuals make it a great place to work at since it motivates you to work even harder.

Cons

Some staff have a poor work ethic and it really lowers the morale when they do/get paid more than you. I was going to complain about my supervisor and their poor management choices to their boss but was advised not to. Subsequently, I was let go a month later.

Advice to Management

Follow the LEAD principles that are part of the RH guidebook and not be so close minded to new ideas.

Robert Half2019-04-29
    • "Recruiter"

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and good benefits

Cons

Not for everyone - only for target driven people

Robert Half2019-04-12

"Recruiting Manager"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Nice employees (some) Good benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations They oversell how much you can make in your first year and aren't transparent about the 1.5-2 year hurdle you need to overcome in order to make 100k+ NO work/life balance at all No real flexibility - although you can work 50-60 hours a week, they still expect you to be in the office all the time although this job can easily have more flexibility to work from home Managers/Supervisors are...

Advice to Management

Have realistic expectations Create more flexibility and trust Spend time training new hires properly Be upfront and honest about the hours worked, how long it takes to bonus (on average), instead of using people who are the exception as the rule

Robert Half2019-04-20
    • "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- meet some great people - downtown Toronto office in prime location - presto card expensed, partial phone bill expenses ($50.00) - laptop provided, allowing you to take offsite - LinkedIn recruiter paid for - Cake day (1 day a month to celebrate birthdays in that specific month) - 1hr lunch, taken at your discretion (you may end up eating at your desk, and have 10mins or so to leave your desk)

Cons

- micromanagement at its finest - set up for failure, you need to know how to swim or drown as the training isn't as on par as they say, in addition- they do not practice their "best practices". I had a branch manager try to talk me out of complaining and further action on an account of mine (issue between colleagues and account from someone in another office);other RH offices are competitors - everyone in the company...

Advice to Management

Stop promoting those due to favoritism. There is a high turnover rate due to extremely bad management.

Robert Half2019-05-10