Riot Games Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

3.9
Riot Games CEO Nicolo  Laurent (no image)
Nicolo Laurent
Pros
  • "Riot is a great place for gamers(in 79 reviews)

• "Cares about Rioters: Riot has fantastic perks because they want to keep the talent (that's us) happy(in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • "Increasing politics, not-so-perfect work-life balance(in 65 reviews)

• "I am so glad that I met with other Rioters and asked honest questions to receive honest answers(in 61 reviews)

1. "Friendly"

I worked at Riot Games full-time

Pros

get to put input for League of legends

Cons

balancing champions is hard for them

2. "1"

Current Employee - HRBP in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

Great place to work at Riot.

Cons

No. It is a great company.

3. "Great"

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Riot Games part-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, free food and coffee

Cons

don't really have any complaints

4. COVID-19

"Ótimo lugar para aprender e construir uma carreira"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Specialist in São Paulo, São Paulo

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Riot is a special place. It is obviously not perfect. But the pros still far outweigh the cons. - Trust of the whole team to test and innovate - Understanding the difficult times we are living during the pandemic - Freedom of communication with anyone in the office, without the need for bureaucracy (the problem is finding time on the agenda) - Values ​​its employees, either with payment or with "perks", team building actions etc - There is a genuine desire for everyone to evolve and work better

Cons

- You will work a lot. Really. It was worse, but there are "unspoken" expectations of certain teams so that you are available 24/7 - The diversity in the company and in the BR office leaves much to be desired, but it was worse - Contractors, who work as much or more than Rioters, are often treated as second-class citizens. Not with insults or lack of respect, but the difference is clear with "lack-of-bonuses" (but there is a genuine desire to change that) - The company quickly loses itself in the amount of meetings, with that you don't feel productive, just jumping from meeting to meeting (yes, many times it could be an email)

"Solid"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance, generous benefits.

Cons

Questionable middle management, heavy meeting culture.

6. "at Home"

Current Employee - Players Assistant

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

helping people to get more high rank and make better community

Cons

you can't get the respect from all people

Continue reading

"No longer a viable company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

was a great place to work until they fired someone for freedom of speech

Cons

failure to uphold the constitutional right of freedom of speech

Continue reading
  8. "Putting the S in Riot Games"

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

People, focus, location of office

Cons

Cost of living, resources spread thin

9. "basic reiew"

I worked at Riot Games full-time

Pros

really enthusiastic team mates, ability to thrive if you really want to, great benefits

Cons

can be stuck in decision making processes, career path not so clear

"The best career decision I’ve ever made"

Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Riot Games

Pros

Riot is a company that deeply honors it’s mission of being the most player focused company in the world. The employees, endearingly called Rioters, are some of the most passionate, brilliant people I’ve ever worked with. I’m in a perpetual state of knowledge gaining and sharing every day that I show up. The authenticity at Riot continues to astound me. Every day I’m encouraged to give and ask for feedback, and to be uniquely myself which is seen as one of my greatest contributions. IMPACT. No matter what group you’re a part of you have tremendous impact of creating the future in gaming and entertainment which is really special. Play. Riot values hard work and commitment just as much as they do play. There are several events throughout the year dedicated to fostering a player’s spirit, and the campus is designed to encourage all forms of play at any time. Benefits and pay are really great. Riot’s compensation structure is unparalleled for the industry and the benefits extend beyond medical/ dental/ vision to really capture unique areas of our personal lives.

Cons

External perception. As a minority (in more than one spectrum) I was cautious about beginning a career at Riot based on some of the articles I read that depicted the culture. I am so glad that I met with other Rioters and asked honest questions to receive honest answers. My experience has negated all of the false narratives that I read about prior to joining Riot. Work/ life balance. More of a personal issue than a Riot issue to be fair. When you’re surrounded by people that are so committed to delivering the next great thing for players it can be tough to unplug for self care.

Found 545 reviews