Ricoh Canada Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 6, 2020

Found 9 of over 230 reviews

3.3
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
  • "Great people and great atmosphere(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, customer-centric, supports work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, some positions are dead ends(in 11 reviews)

• "Marketing department is very old school and did not adapt during COVID(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

Sep 15, 2020 - Director Digital Transformation in Newmarket, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, customer-centric, supports work life balance

Cons

nothing really that stood out for me

HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear you are having a positive experience at Ricoh! We are glad to see your #1 positive listing is our “Great People” because we agree that is our #1 Asset! We are also happy to see that you observed our high level of customer centric attitude that is contagious across our organization. Finally, it is nice to see that you recognized the work life balance at Ricoh. Our New World of Work (NWOW) design offers excellent benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in terms of how and where they do their work, which allows for a work culture that is adaptable, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication. Thanks again for your review!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good starting point

Nov 6, 2020 - Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training structure. Work/life balance.

Cons

Not competitive with the current market.

HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review! We’re glad to hear that you felt adequately prepared for your job through training and that you had good work/life balance. We pride ourselves in supporting our employees. With regards to your comments about our competitiveness, we are constantly analyzing the changing marketing and adapting in ways that balance both the needs of our business and workforce. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and perspective.

3. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good

Sep 1, 2020 - Marketing Solutions Specialist in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture Work Work life balance

Cons

Future prospects Growth opportunities Line of business

HR Coordinator Co-op

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your internship at Ricoh. We are happy to know that you felt Ricoh made efforts to promote our culture. Ricoh makes it a priority to ensure that employees and managers live by our culture and values in everything we do. In terms of work-life balance, our “New World of Work (NWOW)” design offers excellent benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in terms of how and where they do their work, which allows for a work culture that is adaptable, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication. We are sorry to hear that you feel like you didn’t have future prospects or growth opportunities here at Ricoh. We regularly review our structure and training programs to ensure they are aligned with our business strategies and employee needs. We also promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. Thanks again for providing feedback!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Trash - have destroyed IT Services

Apr 8, 2020 - Field Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation was adequate. Not bad, not good. Before people started leaving I.T. Services en-masse it was a lot of fun to come to work. Zero accountability means that work/life balance was awesome (no one else answered their phone afterhours, means that I didn't have to either).

Cons

Ricoh bought a company (Graycon) and inserted themselves into an industry they knew nothing about. Have made zero effort to learn. They've basically said "get in line, the way you did things isn't how we're going to do things going forward", even though previous ways were fairly successful. We've bled almost all of the good talent on the I.T. Services side and hemorrhaging clients. Outsourcing the help desk to Jolera was too little too late. It's clear Ricoh still doesn't have a clue and whatever remaining management left from Graycon isn't enough to right the ship. Whatever culture remaining from the acquisition is dead. The only people left are the ones either too lazy to look for another job, or too long tenured to give up their eventual package.

Continue reading

HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns. When we expand our services and acquire new organizations, we do our best to ensure a seamless change is made. Specifically, within the IT services group, we continue to conduct employee round-tables and town halls to gather employee feedback and address them accordingly. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. This is done in consideration of geographic and industry differences. In respect to turnover, we have created and maintained many initiatives focused on helping us retain our talent. Unfortunately, we do at times lose good employees to other opportunities outside of the organization and we wish them all the best in their endeavors. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca so we can look into any possible areas on where we can improve.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team in Calgary

Aug 24, 2019 - Business Development Consultant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to make a good income if you can sell the right products, especially to net new customers Positive, Optimistic Culture. Great ongoing training. Management team in Alberta is great and will fight on your behalf to overcome some of the cons mentioned below. Great work/life balance, flexible work hours

Cons

Getting customers financed and dealing with admin and logistics issues can be challenging. Sales and logistics forecasting seems disconnected at times. Sometimes sales team is trained to hit the streets with a product/service but the pricing and availablitiy is not even remotely sorted out.

Continue reading

Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you felt Ricoh made efforts to promote a positive culture. Our managers are trained on how to support their teams and it is great to hear you felt the effects. It is our mission to ensure that all employees enjoy our flexible work environment. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. We understand the importance of efficiency and strive to improve the logistical and administrative processes that are a part of the everyday job, as well as promote good communication between teams. We strive to improve processes, as well as promote fast and consistent communication between all moving parts of the organization. We will share your advice to our credit and logistics teams. Our managers are very open to this type of feedback.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work life balance - Flexible - Amazing team - Room to grow

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Internal Communications Manager

Ricoh seeks to provide every employee with a positive experience, and it is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, particularly the flexible work environment. We are proud of our flexible work environment as it offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work to achieve a work-life balance. We are glad you enjoyed your team at Ricoh. Teamwork is one of our core values at Ricoh and we actively promote a team environment and open communication at all levels of the company. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding and providing growth opportunities for all employees. We promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and offering learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, and individual development plans for all employees. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good but could be great

Nov 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Global Company -Multiple locations -Advocates work-life balance

Cons

-Need to have better tracking of details -Could have better support for lower level staff -Low salary compare to industry

HR Coordinator Co-Op

We appreciate your feedback about your experiences at Ricoh and are glad that you value the fact Ricoh is a global organization operating within thousands of client locations around the world. It is great to hear that you feel the benefits of the work-life balance that Ricoh offers. Ricoh invests heavily into promoting flexibility and work-life balance among all employees. Our New World of Work (NWOW) approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work and allows them to cater their work style to their individualized needs to be successful. It is rewarding to hear that you are experiencing the benefit of our investments. In terms of compensation, we do regularly analyze the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation. With regards to your comments about increasing support, we provide our managers with education and tools aimed at helping them support their respective teams. If you have any more comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at HR@ricoh.ca.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

IT Support Analyst

Oct 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life Balance, timings etc etc etc

Cons

Compensation, compensation, compensation, growth opportunity

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the work life balance at Ricoh. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward based programs. We also promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, and individual development plans for all employees. We are sorry to hear that there was a disconnect between these opportunities and your personal experience. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share the specifics so we can use your feedback to support our continuous improvement efforts.

9. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 17, 2014 - Accounts Payable
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work life balance personal growth compensation friendly and etc

Cons

Time off policies and overtime issues

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews