Ricoh Canada Employee Reviews about "old school"

Updated May 3, 2020

2.8
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay,pressure environment,no career growth(in 7 reviews)

• "Old school tactics will always continue(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "old school"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Poor management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multinational Company.... basically, this is the main or only reason. Keep in mind to move on after couple years… The atmosphere could change fast so you could find yourself stuck into a deeply nasty, inconsistent and immoral environment. Sure the company is selling an innovative product but the management is really old school style, no will to change, just and only talk.

Cons

Company selling innovative products however old school management style.

May 5, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that promote innovation and grow. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully! With regards to your comments about management, we do regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency. We greatly value a supportive work culture through the promotion of open communication, employee engagement and enablement. We invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca to share specifics since your comments are not consistent with our values or how we view our culture.

2. "Ricoh Document Direction LP"

2.0

I worked at Ricoh Canada

Pros

51% owned by Ricoh Canada, full tech support and training from Ricoh Direct. Professional atmosphere

Cons

Lower salary, benefits compared to Ricoh Direct, fully run by 2 individuals and old school sales director; unrealistic sales quotas, no expense a/c, even have to pay for parking at the office! Too many time-wasting meetings, exercises etc.

September 28, 2016HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a professional environment while working at Ricoh. With regards to sales quotas and compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that achievable quotas are implemented and that we remain competitive in terms of compensation. We also regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency.

"Please what are they thinking"

Current Employee - Sales in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

there are some very nice people to work with.

Cons

It's not what you know, its who you know. This is clearly an organization that favours people and if you do not do as your told, you get punished. Old school tactics will always continue.

July 4, 2016Communication Specialist Co-op

We value your candid feedback. Our Human Resources professionals are committed to providing an outstanding employee experience. We would like to invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share your concerns and to give us an opportunity to resolve them.

"They never learn"

Current Employee - Alberta in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like most of my colleagues and I have an opportunity to learn.

Cons

I am concerned that our newest HR person here in Alberta left us as she was providing great support and hope. The company clearly doesn't want people to know that we have a serious morale issue. She was resourceful, helpful and truly knew her profession and was an inspiration to us all. A dynamic individual and yet when she stood up for the little people, the big bad person was not willing to listen. This company is clearly too old school and is not willing to change. Therefore I ask what does my future hold?

Continue reading
  5. "We finally have a HR person who cares about the lonely people."

Current Employee - N/A in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work with some very energetic and kind people who will help each other, quietly. We have a HR lady who just started with us and wow she is making progress. She is being proactive, she listens well and cares about our issues. She is a breath of fresh air. She is there for everyone.

Cons

Upper management is too old fashion and old school. They care only of their money and hiding their heads in the sand. They are willing to scare people into their methods if we do not agree. This company clearly has no clue what is really happening. They are afraid to make a sacrifice, yet they could be making more if some people left the company.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews