Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Found 217 of over 235 reviews

3.4
Ricoh Canada CEO Mike Fast (no image)
Mike Fast
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great people and great atmosphere(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, customer-centric, supports work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, some positions are dead ends(in 11 reviews)

• "Marketing department is very old school and did not adapt during COVID(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Oct 20, 2021 - Business Development Consultant in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement Opportunities, investments in professional development, diverse and inclusive, innovative, and they recognize and celebrate your successes.

Cons

With working for such a great company it's hard to maintain a work life balance you want to strive for more and more success and end up working for longer periods of time, it gets hard to say no.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

changing and challenging industry

Oct 19, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and bonuses. Lots of training provided

Cons

Too much administration required. Constant change with leadership and direction. This is a shrinking market and its getting tough to maintain share.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management skills and Bigotry

Oct 5, 2021 - Field Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was able to make some friends through mutual suffering

Cons

Management no pay raises Blatant Bigotry towards employees I'd advise against joining the company

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

not recommended

Oct 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

pays on time; ok benefits

Cons

low pay; not necessarily growing

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel Ricoh’s benefits package is competitive. With regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. We also regret to hear that you would not recommend Ricoh and are concerned about our future growth. We encourage you to share more of your thoughts with us at hr@ricoh.ca so we can better understand and address your concerns.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great wprkplace for a start

Sep 30, 2021 - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working Environment, Supporting management.

Cons

Not competitive salary, High turnovers because of that

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Good Experience

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great foosball table in the kitchen in

Cons

Limited career growth in Alberta

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your work environment. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is dynamic, fun and provides multi-directional collaboration. We are sorry to hear that you felt there were limited career growth opportunities in Alberta. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees and is committed to removing any roadblocks that may prevent us from achieving this goal; If you are willing to share more specific comments about your experience with us, we encourage you to reach out to hr@ricoh.ca so we can learn how we may improve retention in this competitive and ever-changing market.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

FSR

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work / home separation, which made for good mental health.

Cons

The pay for the type of work did not compare.

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a positive overall experience with us and found good work-life balance that supported your mental health. Ricoh remains extremely committed to work life balance and employee mental wellbeing. We are sorry to hear that you felt your pay did not compare to the work you were performing. We do conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. Please feel free to share any additional comments with us at hr@ricoh.ca. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well on your future endeavours.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good b2b company

Sep 10, 2021 - Technical Writer in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ricoh Canada was a great company to work for. Very supportive of a busy family life and flexible with work from home schedules. I worked with a team of sales people and they typically treated me with a lot of respect. Good compensation for the position, benefits were great, social events were good too! Job overall was consistently busy.

Cons

I was the only person managing proposals at the time so things were very busy and I would often feel guilty for taking time off because it required a lot of preparation to hand off work. Work life balance was difficult close to proposal deadlines. Career advancement was nonexistent and that was largely the reason I left.

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that you felt Ricoh’s compensation and benefits package was competitive since Ricoh strives to ensure we are aligned with the external market. We are also very glad hear that you believe Ricoh is a great company to work for, and that you were able to take advantage of our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach -- which allows employees to cater their work style to their individualized needs to be successful. We are sorry to hear, that you found work-life balance to be more challenging We do our best to manage workloads for teams, so they are reasonable and achievable. We also encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. With regards to your comments about career advancement limitations, we are sorry to hear this was a deciding factor in your departure from the organization. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees and is committed to removing any roadblocks that may prevent us from achieving this goal. If you are willing to share more specific comments about how we can improve the employee experience at Ricoh, please reach out to us at hr@ricoh.ca at any time.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start

Aug 31, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unparalleled training and on boarding. Great benefits and compensation

Cons

Too many chefs in the kitchen. Management is detached from front line sales in a big way. Big brother vibes at times. Trying to diversify but spread way too thin. Selling product without ability to support it.

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you felt your onboarding and training experience at Ricoh is unmatched. Ricoh invests heavily in promoting open communication, employee engagement and enablement to ensure team members feel welcome and set up for success. We are also happy to hear that you feel we remain competitive in terms of compensation since Ricoh strives to ensure we are aligned with the external market. With regards to your comments about management, we regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy, improve efficiency and address gaps in supporting the products we sell. We would like to hear more specific comments about your experience and encourage you to share your insight with us at hr@ricoh.ca so we can look into any possible areas for improvement here as soon as possible.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Market is dying look for rising markets in another field

Aug 26, 2021 - Production Print Specialist in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and decent products

Cons

overpriced for the market and needs more features to match other vendors

Ricoh Canada Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear you felt your benefits at Ricoh were competitive and your diverse range of products and services add value to our clients. With regards to your comments about pricing and market research, we regularly survey customers and prospects for ideas on how to bring value to them and base our pricing strategy on value brought to the customers. Our market share also seems to indicate this strategy is working on a national level and we will continue to fine tune it for every region when necessary. If you have any additional feedback to share, we invite you to share your thoughts on how Ricoh can improve it’s above strategy at hr@ricoh.ca.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 217 Reviews