Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2021

Found 207 of over 225 reviews

3.4
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
  • "Great people and great atmosphere(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, customer-centric, supports work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, some positions are dead ends(in 11 reviews)

• "Marketing department is very old school and did not adapt during COVID(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Jun 16, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of Growth Potential Great Benefits Work life balance

Cons

Fast paced environment Challenging admin processes

Coop HR Coordinator

hank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear you feel Ricoh’s benefits are competitive as we strive to ensure that we are aligned with the external market. We are also happy to hear that you feel there are many opportunities for growth. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding, and providing development opportunities for all employees. We regularly review our structure and training programs to ensure they are aligned with our business strategies and employee needs. We also promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning, and individual development plans for all employees. We regret to hear that you feel Ricoh’s fast-paced environment is posing a challenge and are experiencing inefficiencies in our administrative processes. At Ricoh, we remain competitive in this industry by delivering a broad portfolio of services and technologies that help innovate. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully. If you could share more information about how we can improve and modify our processes, we invite you to contact us at HR@ricoh.ca or speak with your manager directly.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, good work environment

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Representative in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, working environment, management style,

Cons

Unclear vision and strategy, taught industry

3. 4.0

A great place to work.

Jun 24, 2021 - Director in Red Deer, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great processes provide clear direction.

Cons

Large company hard to steer

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your overall experience at Ricoh and that you feel our processes provide clear direction for your line of business. At Ricoh, we understand the importance of efficiency and are continually striving to improve and modify our process based on the feedback that we collect from employees and clients via surveys and regular meetings. We regret to hear that you feel you are experiencing challenges with influencing Ricoh’s direction. At Ricoh, as we transition to digital services, we have been working diligently to adapt to the changing marketplace, including reinventing our portfolio to focus on customer needs. Given your comments, we are interested in hearing more about your perspective and would like to encourage you to share more specific feedback on ways you feel we can improve current strategy. Please reach out to hr@ricoh.ca and share your thoughts with us.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Favoritism at its best

Feb 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only Pro is you get mediocre benefits (which is not even good, and they keep on increasing charges for benefits you get every year)

Cons

If you know Some Manager (your friend or relative) you don't need to be worried about anything and this is the best company for you or get ready for hard conversation with your manager regarding what you just finished and customer complained about it few days ago when his favorite employee was there for service. At most he'll say to your face, this is your responsibility now since you was there just now. Guy racially abused his team mates on customer site while working and get away with it, with promotion to Team Lead (Coz he's nephew to some big manager) and few guys (out of those got racially abused) laid off couple of weeks after since they reported to their manager and that manager told them not to reach HR and they trusted him. Guy joined the company and as soon as he finished his probation period got promoted to Manager (well again he's close friend of the Senior Manager who's hiring for Manager position) No career advancements for you, since only person getting promotion (if someone leaves or retires) is 1% coz you know there's always someone who knows some manager and he's going to get promotion and good package, no matter his qualifications or skills. Well if you want to work in this kind of environment, go ahead, and I wish you best of luck.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience while working at Ricoh. Ricoh has very strict policies that prohibit discrimination in all forms and we offer many ways for employees to report such incidents. We wish you would have notified us of your concerns while working at Ricoh. Since your comments are not in line with our values and culture, we encourage you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca so we may investigate the matter further.

5. 5.0

Awesome Company to work with

Jun 10, 2021 - Network Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work Culture, Awesome Team

Cons

Everything was good, Team/Company is really good.

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time at Ricoh. We are committed to providing every employee at each location a positive experience and we value our employees' feedback and aim to incorporate it into continuous improvement efforts. Thank you for sharing your outlook on our organization and your team. Teamwork is one of our core values at Ricoh. We believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. We wish you all the best in your role, and your future at Ricoh.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

May 23, 2021 - Field Service Technician in Halifax, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

High salary. Easy work. Nice co workers.

Cons

none that I can think of

Continue reading

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad to hear that your overall experience at Ricoh was positive and that you feel we remain competitive in terms of compensation. At Ricoh, we take pride in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees and are committed to removing any roadblocks that may prevent us from achieving this goal. We wish you all the best on your future endeavors and appreciate the contributions you made to our Services Delivery Team.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great environment, minus the pay

Jun 8, 2021 - Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are great companies that are Ricoh's clients and if you are able to find a connection with them, you are able to line yourself up with a possible job in the future.

Cons

The pay is rather bad and it is a stopgap job at best in my opinion

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel our diverse range of products and services offered attract quality clients. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that help our clients move towards information mobility, enabling them to work faster and more successfully. We are sorry to hear that you feel your future with the organization is limited and you are dissatisfied with your compensation. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees. We promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities Ricoh has to offer in your individual and career development, please feel free to reach out to your Manager directly, or we encourage you to contact us at HR@Ricoh.ca. We are always looking for new ways of improving and appreciate your feedback.

8. 2.0

weak Sr leadership

Jun 23, 2021 - Senior Business Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees to work with but we are treated as commodities

Cons

no sound strategy to shift from a hardware to services company

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We sincerely regret to hear that you feel employees are treated as commodities here. At Ricoh, we believe the true power behind our success is the diversity of its employees at all levels. Employees are the heart of everything we do, they come from all different walks of life, and contribute a great deal to the value we bring our customers. We are certainly interested in learning more about your current experience. Please know that Ricoh is committed to providing a psychologically and physically healthy and safe workplace for all employees. We encourage you to reach out to us at hr@ricoh.ca so we can help address this issue as soon as possible. Also, with regards to your comments about Ricoh’s transition to digital services, we have been working diligently to adapt to the changing marketplace - including reinventing our portfolio to focus on customer needs. However, we are interested in hearing more about your perspective during this shift. While we actively promote open communication at all levels of the company and do our best to be clear and transparent when it comes to Ricoh’s future, we appreciate and welcome your feedback on ways to improve our communication strategy.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Jun 24, 2021 - Field Service Technician in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, training, vacation, people, free coffee

Cons

Salary is not acceptable ,work load

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying Ricoh’s training opportunities, benefit package, vacation policy and other perks. At Ricoh, we promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. We also strive to ensure that we are aligned with the external market and remain competitive in terms of total compensation. With regards to your comments about pay and workloads, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. We also do our best to manage workloads to ensure they are reasonable and achievable. We encourage all employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns directly so we can take necessary steps to address them. If you feel your concerns are not being addressed at the manager level, please contact your local Human Resources Consultant for support.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good

May 18, 2021 - Floating Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for young proffessional

Cons

Bad pay for the amount of work expected

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel we remain competitive in terms of compensation. At Ricoh, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. We regret to hear that you felt the pay is not equivalent to your workload. We do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable. We also encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, please reach out to us at hr@ricoh.ca. We are always looking at possible areas for improvements and welcome your constructive feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Reviews