Ricoh Canada Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2019

Ricoh Canada CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay,pressure environment,no career growth(in 6 reviews)

• "Commissions never right and a lot of disconnect with upper management(in 4 reviews)

1. "Solid Employer"

Former Employee - IAM

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* good benefits * good work environment * solid managers who mentor employees * flexible

Cons

* large territories * sometimes decisions take a long time to be made

Ricoh Canada2019-08-07
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere, large company, great products

Cons

Very stressful, unorganized, and some poor managers

Ricoh Canada2019-10-19
  3. "Very Corporate Mentality"

Former Employee - Technician in Calgary, AB

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great coworkers and office setting. Willing to train.

Cons

Parent company (Ricoh) doesn't understand the businesses they have bought. I.T. must be adaptable and able to service multiple platforms and services and upper management's vision has dialed the IT division down to a one service shop which has lost us numerous clients with more leaving every day. Compensation is horrible which has led to an enormous offload of staff.

Advice to Management

When purchasing companies, it is absolutely necessary to understand their core functions/operations, what made them successful and maintain or improve on that or it will be destroyed from the inside out. The IT division cannot be a one solution shop, yet that is where the business has moved to, and it has cost an embarrassing amount of clients and more on the way out the door

Ricoh Canada2019-10-07
  4. "Restructuring is part of Ricoh's culture"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team members, connected, hard working and caring. Management provides employees with updated reviews so employees are aware of their performance level and they are on track to exceed expectations.

Cons

Restructuring is part of Ricoh's culture a feeling of uncertainty is part of an employees everyday life at Ricoh Canada. It is only a matter of time before you become obsolete, restructuring happens at Ricoh on a large scale every three years or less. existing employees train the new hires, once six months have passed senior employees are laid off.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and understand they feel threatened and need your support to succeed, If wages and vacation are the issues, please take the time to renegotiate salary and vacation with employees before laying them off, you might find they will except a lower salary and reduced vacation time if it meant they could keep their job.

Ricoh Canada2019-09-23
  5. "Great team in Calgary"

Former Employee - Business Development Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential to make a good income if you can sell the right products, especially to net new customers Positive, Optimistic Culture. Great ongoing training. Management team in Alberta is great and will fight on your behalf to overcome some of the cons mentioned below. Great work/life balance, flexible work hours

Cons

Getting customers financed and dealing with admin and logistics issues can be challenging. Sales and logistics forecasting seems disconnected at times. Sometimes sales team is trained to hit the streets with a product/service but the pricing and availablitiy is not even remotely sorted out.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Ricoh is well positioned against its traditional "copier" competitors. Look to improve Credit and Logistics departments.

Ricoh Canada2019-08-24
  6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible and large products portfolio

Cons

Logistics and admin..... very complex comp plan.

Advice to Management

Get in the field more often.

Ricoh Canada2019-07-29

"Decent place to work but could be better"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a reasonable manager in a good team. The manager was very accommodating when I joined the company. The team of technicians I worked with was okay. Some more helpful than others. They seemed to care about giving additional training if you asked your service manager. The company car was nice if you don'tt have your own vehicle since you could also use it for personal use. Never really had to work overtime.... No take home responsibilities. Once the day was over, you generally don't have to worry about anything until the next day. There was a lot of freedom in the job when I was around. Not sure how it is now with the implementation of Oracle. Decent benefit package.

Cons

The salary was very bad. I'm sure it is below the industry average. You get lured by the company car but the salary was bad. I'm sure the yearly raises did not even make up for the inflation. Your performance could be very good or very bad and the salary would be the same. You do not get rewarded for doing a good job. Doesn't seem like management cares about keep quality technicians either as the good experienced... guys are told to retire and they bring in green guys with low salaries. Did not seem like there was any way to advance in the company as a technician. You can be good at your job.. but nothing else. Once you completed the calls in your own territory, you are loaded with other service calls from other neighbouring technicians. You do not get rewarded for completing all your calls, you just get more work. Depending on the team, it's difficult to get support from team leads as they had service calls themselves. If you are really green, you could run into trouble.

Advice to Management

Salary needs to be A LOT better or you will not be able to retain your ageing workforce. Good technicians with good customer service skills do not get rewarded and they'll have better luck looking for something else once they get the experience.

Ricoh Canada2019-08-02
  8. "Lower pay then industry standard. Long stressful hours"

Current Employee - Manager At Law Firm in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff working with you, they try their best.

Cons

Too many meetings and only supports the client with little care for their staff

Advice to Management

Better pay for staff and middle management.

Ricoh Canada2019-06-23

"Good"

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good work life balance - Flexible - Amazing team - Room to grow

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Ricoh Canada2019-05-31
  10. "Great Company, Great People"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

My manager allowed me to run my programs and was supportive throughout. Great coworkers both within and outside my division. Agile work allowed me to work from home often and reduced my need to commute daily.

Cons

Too many cancelled or ineffective meetings.

Advice to Management

Streamline processes where you can to avoid the need for Director level approvals for items that really don't require it. Drive new processes that make achieving goals easier without the endless meetings.

Ricoh Canada2019-04-25