Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.4
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
  • "Great people and great atmosphere(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, customer-centric, supports work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, some positions are dead ends(in 11 reviews)

• "Marketing department is very old school and did not adapt during COVID(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Place to work

Nov 25, 2020 - Project Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company Culture and opportunities

Cons

I do not have any cons

HR Coordinator Co-op

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review! We’re glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Ricoh. We take pride in the inclusive and adaptable culture we promote. We’re happy to see you have noticed the many opportunities we give our employees, especially through continuous learning and self-improvement.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Favoritism at its best

Feb 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only Pro is you get mediocre benefits (which is not even good, and they keep on increasing charges for benefits you get every year)

Cons

If you know Some Manager (your friend or relative) you don't need to be worried about anything and this is the best company for you or get ready for hard conversation with your manager regarding what you just finished and customer complained about it few days ago when his favorite employee was there for service. At most he'll say to your face, this is your responsibility now since you was there just now. Guy racially abused his team mates on customer site while working and get away with it, with promotion to Team Lead (Coz he's nephew to some big manager) and few guys (out of those got racially abused) laid off couple of weeks after since they reported to their manager and that manager told them not to reach HR and they trusted him. Guy joined the company and as soon as he finished his probation period got promoted to Manager (well again he's close friend of the Senior Manager who's hiring for Manager position) No career advancements for you, since only person getting promotion (if someone leaves or retires) is 1% coz you know there's always someone who knows some manager and he's going to get promotion and good package, no matter his qualifications or skills. Well if you want to work in this kind of environment, go ahead, and I wish you best of luck.

1 person found this review helpful

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience while working at Ricoh. Ricoh has very strict policies that prohibit discrimination in all forms and we offer many ways for employees to report such incidents. We wish you would have notified us of your concerns while working at Ricoh. Since your comments are not in line with our values and culture, we encourage you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca so we may investigate the matter further.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Average company

May 7, 2021 - Technician in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

you are in control of your schedule (usually); every day brings something different; easy to difficult technical issues to deal with; you can get as much responsibilities as you wish or can handle

Cons

average close to min salary level; 7.5 h paid per day; long commute; average to low medical benefits coverage; reluctant to pay overtime

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Hopefully positioned for future growth

Apr 23, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with Great People

Cons

declining market means always reducing costs

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with great people at Ricoh. Teamwork is one of our core values and we believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. With regards to your comments about a declining market and cost reductions, we have been working diligently to adapt to the changes in the marketplace, including reinventing our portfolio to focus on customer needs Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that attract clients and promotes both innovation and growth. We remain optimistic about Ricoh’s future opportunities and look forward to continuously improving.

5. 3.0

10 years in and going strong

May 5, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work. Perfect work life balance

Cons

Nothing much, Everything is good

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work life balance

Apr 7, 2021 - Account Manager in Montréal-Ouest, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work - life balance. Great management team.

Cons

Some internal processes are still manual - need to be automated

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the flexible work environment and that you feel supported in your role. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” strategy offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. This approach allows for a work culture that is adaptable, dynamic and provides employees with a work-life balance. Also, we believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. Ricoh makes it a priority to ensure that employees and managers live by our culture and values in everything we do. With regards to your comments about manual processes, we regret to hear that you feel there are some inefficiencies. At Ricoh, we understand the importance of efficiency and are continually striving to improve and modify our process based on the feedback that we collect from employees and clients via surveys and regular meetings. We highly encourage you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific suggestions for improvement and welcome your feedback.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good Employer, support employees

Mar 2, 2021 - Senior Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Executives value employees and provide a strong support structure even during hard times.

Cons

Industry is declining, creates down sizing strategy as any healthy business must face. Some job loss impact.

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear you feel Ricoh values its employees and provides a supportive work environment. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding and providing growth opportunities for all employees so their experience with us remains positive. We also truly believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. With regards to your comments about this competitive industry and financial sustainability, Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that attracts clients and promotes both innovation and growth. Our commitment to providing excellence will help drive long-term sustainability and enable Ricoh to continue to focus on the move towards information mobility. We appreciate your feedback as we are continuously looking for new ways to improve.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 24, 2021 - Associate Field Service Technician in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

all of my coworker are helpful and kind to teach you . Good team work, Multicultural team

Cons

No raises in 2 years No special training You have to learn by your own

9. 5.0

Good company

Mar 30, 2021 - IT Technician in Kitchener, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Opetonity to learn Good culture

Cons

Two years of work with no salary rise. No promoting

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexible work environment. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration. Also, we are happy to hear that you feel there are many opportunities to learn at Ricoh. Here, we regularly review our structure and training programs to ensure they are aligned with our business strategies and employee needs. We also promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs that recognize individuals for going above and beyond regular duties. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Apr 13, 2021 - Solutions Architect in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong Marketing but slow to deliver. Excellent mid-management.

Cons

Some long hours due to COVID-19 layoffs across the board; doing more with less burns out staff. Slow to react to internal recommendations.

Coop HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience with Ricoh’s management team has been positive overall. Teamwork is one of our core values and we believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. We are also glad to hear you feel our marketing strategies are attracting clients to our diverse range of products and services. With regards to your concerns about the impact Covid-19 has had on all employees, we have been working diligently over the past year to adapt to the challenges presented by this pandemic. We do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable, this includes an evaluation of staffing levels for consideration. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. If you feel any concerns are not being addressed at the managerial level, please contact your local Human Resources Consultant for additional support. Please know that we value employee feedback and aim to incorporate it into continuous improvement efforts. We invite you to share your recommendations with us at hr@ricoh.ca for consideration.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 192 Reviews