Ricoh Canada Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

2.8
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay,pressure environment,no career growth(in 7 reviews)

• "Old school tactics will always continue(in 5 reviews)

1. "Happy Employee"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Great place - amazing benefits Unbelievable employee program

Cons

Long hiring or promotion process

June 10, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Ricoh! We are also glad to hear your thoughts on the competitiveness of Ricoh’s benefits, as we strive to ensure that we are aligned with the external market. We strongly encourage you to discuss your individual development/career plan with your manager. Ricoh prides itself in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees. We do this by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning, and individual development plans for all employees. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

2. "RMS Sites"

Current Employee - Employee in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Suitable entry level job. Reasonable benefits package.

Cons

Entry level compensation doesn't really change. Not a career, as there is no measurable succession plan outside of Ontario. Remote work largely only possible for upper management and head office.

June 10, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience. We are glad to hear you feel Ricoh’s benefits are competitive. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. We appreciate this feedback as we are continuously looking for new ways to improve. We invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca to share specific details and suggestions for improvement that you may have.

3. "Downward Spiral"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of people trying to make a difference in the middle management roles. Periodically there is short term focus on initiatives that would create positive long-term results.

Cons

It seemed to be a challenging environment because of constant priority changes from a leadership perspective. It was hard to know which decisions Ricoh Canada controlled, and which decisions were coming from the parent companies. Together this creates a situation where many leaders and employees don't work towards projects or priorities because they know they will change regularly so what's the point. It is difficult to attract top talent with the overall compensation plans at the organization. Top leadership seems unable to create and achieve even medium term objectives that are desperately needed.

June 10, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate the recognition for the efforts our managers are making to continuously improve Ricoh. Ricoh Canada proudly works and shares global strategies as a part of the Ricoh Americas Corporation and the broader Ricoh Company Ltd. Ricoh Canada also develops localized initiatives that are appropriate to the geographic marketplace in which we operate. We regularly review our initiatives and strategies to ensure alignment across all work teams and we monitor our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca and we can look into any possible areas where we can improve.

4. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multinational Company.... basically, this is the main or only reason. Keep in mind to move on after couple years… The atmosphere could change fast so you could find yourself stuck into a deeply nasty, inconsistent and immoral environment. Sure the company is selling an innovative product but the management is really old school style, no will to change, just and only talk.

Cons

Company selling innovative products however old school management style.

May 5, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that promote innovation and grow. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully! With regards to your comments about management, we do regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency. We greatly value a supportive work culture through the promotion of open communication, employee engagement and enablement. We invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca to share specifics since your comments are not consistent with our values or how we view our culture.

5. "Below Industry Salary"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

Good sales training program and employee benefits

Cons

No marketing support, need more females in executive positions

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback! We’re glad that you found value in our training as we offer all our sales new hires an intensive full week of in class sales training, supplemented by several online training courses on products and services. In regard to your comments about workplace diversity, Ricoh is committed to ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive workplace. We have a number of women leaders throughout our organization; however, we continue to strive to increase diversity through all our departments and function. In our recruitment process, we specifically post our jobs with organizations that help us reach a diverse audience of potential candidates. We are committed to leadership development with a particular focus on developing and promoting women within our business. We agree that it is important for organizations today to have a diverse team and an inclusive workplace.

"Company shows its true colors during hard times"

Current Employee - On-Site Service Specialist

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time

Pros

The people are great and environment is welcoming. Everyone seems great most of the time

Cons

Starting wage is just above minimum with maybe a .35¢ raise at the end of the year, if you're lucky. Need to score pretty big on the point system they keep on you for even that amount. No regard for employees well-being. You are a $$ sign at the end of the day. Their contracts mean more than you do.

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that your team was welcoming, since we place great importance in promoting open communication, employee engagement and enablement. Our employees’ wellness is a top priority for us. We have a national wellness strategy that has many parts to it, and we make a major investment into it, to ensure we are doing everything we can to support the Health and Safety of our employees. We are sorry if this was not visible to you, and we wish we had the opportunity to address it while you were working here. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share more details so we can use your feedback to support our continuous improvement efforts.

7. "Service technician"

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in London, ON

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Time off when needed for appointments.

Cons

Work load is always rush and more work load added as years go on with no extra pay structure.

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. We strive to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. Ricoh operates in a fast-paced environment and we encourage employees to have an open discussion with their managers about workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. Thanks again for your feedback!

8. "Review"

Former Employee - Document Processing Clerk
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team were helpful just not enough time spent on training

Cons

Not enough training or help with particular company processes

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that your team was helpful! Thank you for your advice on training as well. We promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees. We continuously evaluate these programs and invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share more details so we can use your feedback to support our continuous improvement efforts.

9. "Trash - have destroyed IT Services"

1.0
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation was adequate. Not bad, not good. Before people started leaving I.T. Services en-masse it was a lot of fun to come to work. Zero accountability means that work/life balance was awesome (no one else answered their phone afterhours, means that I didn't have to either).

Cons

Ricoh bought a company (Graycon) and inserted themselves into an industry they knew nothing about. Have made zero effort to learn. They've basically said "get in line, the way you did things isn't how we're going to do things going forward", even though previous ways were fairly successful. We've bled almost all of the good talent on the I.T. Services side and hemorrhaging clients. Outsourcing the help desk to Jolera was too little too late. It's clear Ricoh still doesn't have a clue and whatever remaining management left from Graycon isn't enough to right the ship. Whatever culture remaining from the acquisition is dead. The only people left are the ones either too lazy to look for another job, or too long tenured to give up their eventual package.

April 23, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns. When we expand our services and acquire new organizations, we do our best to ensure a seamless change is made. Specifically, within the IT services group, we continue to conduct employee round-tables and town halls to gather employee feedback and address them accordingly. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. This is done in consideration of geographic and industry differences. In respect to turnover, we have created and maintained many initiatives focused on helping us retain our talent. Unfortunately, we do at times lose good employees to other opportunities outside of the organization and we wish them all the best in their endeavors. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca so we can look into any possible areas on where we can improve.

10. "Executive Mess"

1.0
    Former Employee - Leader

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home anytime, all the time

Cons

Unfortunately the Executive Team are led by Sales and or operational VP's that have not matured in their leadership skills. This is leading to a poorly operated company trying to transition to IT Services. They have Execs that have grown up in the print business trying to transition the organization which they can't. HR is done out of the Consultants Homes, with one not even close to an office doing leadership training.

April 23, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. Ricoh strives to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. With that being said, under non-pandemic circumstances, our HR and other support teams balance the ability to work from home with maintaining an office presence as we understand the importance of being present and available for employees on and offline. We believe that it is important to bring in fresh perspectives through new hires and our robust recruitment program ensures we have new hires starting at all levels of the organization. We are also very proud of our employee professional development programs that supports our employees’ professional career goals and establishes career paths that can lead to both lateral and promotional job opportunities. We strive to strike the right balance between promotion from within which benefits our employees and hiring from the outside which provide new perspectives. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca and we can look into any possible areas where we can improve.

Found 133 reviews