Ricoh Canada Field Service Technician Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2020

2.0
Ricoh Canada President and CEO Glenn Laverty (no image)
Glenn Laverty
1 Rating
  1. "Service technician"

Current Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in London, ON

I have been working at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Time off when needed for appointments.

Cons

Work load is always rush and more work load added as years go on with no extra pay structure.

Ricoh Canada2020-03-15

April 22, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. We strive to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. Ricoh operates in a fast-paced environment and we encourage employees to have an open discussion with their managers about workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. Thanks again for your feedback!

2. "Trash - have destroyed IT Services"

1.0
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation was adequate. Not bad, not good. Before people started leaving I.T. Services en-masse it was a lot of fun to come to work. Zero accountability means that work/life balance was awesome (no one else answered their phone afterhours, means that I didn't have to either).

Cons

Ricoh bought a company (Graycon) and inserted themselves into an industry they knew nothing about. Have made zero effort to learn. They've basically said "get in line, the way you did things isn't how we're going to do things going forward", even though previous ways were fairly successful. We've bled almost all of the good talent on the I.T. Services side and hemorrhaging clients. Outsourcing the help desk to Jolera was too little too late. It's clear Ricoh still doesn't have a clue and whatever remaining management left from Graycon isn't enough to right the ship. Whatever culture remaining from the acquisition is dead. The only people left are the ones either too lazy to look for another job, or too long tenured to give up their eventual package.

Ricoh Canada2020-04-08

April 23, 2020HR Coordinator Co-op

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns. When we expand our services and acquire new organizations, we do our best to ensure a seamless change is made. Specifically, within the IT services group, we continue to conduct employee round-tables and town halls to gather employee feedback and address them accordingly. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. This is done in consideration of geographic and industry differences. In respect to turnover, we have created and maintained many initiatives focused on helping us retain our talent. Unfortunately, we do at times lose good employees to other opportunities outside of the organization and we wish them all the best in their endeavors. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca so we can look into any possible areas on where we can improve.

"Decent place to work but could be better"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a reasonable manager in a good team. The manager was very accommodating when I joined the company. The team of technicians I worked with was okay. Some more helpful than others. They seemed to care about giving additional training if you asked your service manager. The company car was nice if you don'tt have your own vehicle since you could also use it for personal use. Never really had to work overtime. No take home responsibilities. Once the day was over, you generally don't have to worry about anything until the next day. There was a lot of freedom in the job when I was around. Not sure how it is now with the implementation of Oracle. Decent benefit package.

Cons

The salary was very bad. I'm sure it is below the industry average. You get lured by the company car but the salary was bad. I'm sure the yearly raises did not even make up for the inflation. Your performance could be very good or very bad and the salary would be the same. You do not get rewarded for doing a good job. Doesn't seem like management cares about keep quality technicians either as the good experienced guys are told to retire and they bring in green guys with low salaries. Did not seem like there was any way to advance in the company as a technician. You can be good at your job.. but nothing else. Once you completed the calls in your own territory, you are loaded with other service calls from other neighbouring technicians. You do not get rewarded for completing all your calls, you just get more work. Depending on the team, it's difficult to get support from team leads as they had service calls themselves. If you are really green, you could run into trouble.

Ricoh Canada2019-08-02

August 12, 2019Internal Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the additional training opportunities we offer our employees at Ricoh. We promote growth by providing career development opportunities across the organization. This includes offering learning programs through the Ricoh Learning Institute, and individual development plans for all employees. We encourage employees to connect with managers to discuss their career and future opportunities. We are glad that you felt the work-life balance was reasonable for you at Ricoh. We place value on ensuring our employees have the opportunity to achieve work-life balance. With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. While in the field, there are fluctuations in customer needs, we do our best to manage workloads for teams to ensure that they are reasonable and achievable. When employees have concerns regarding their workload, we encourage them to have an open conversation with their manager and HR. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel rewarded for your hard work. We do equip managers with education and recognition programs to reward employees for hard work, top performance and exemplifying our core values. If you have any more specific comments about this or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca and we can look into any possible areas where we can improve.

"Management"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Ricoh Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people in the field

Cons

The management cannot maje decisions on anything

Ricoh Canada2017-10-05

October 11, 2017HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We regret to hear that your experience while working at Ricoh was not consistent with our culture and values. We invest a significant amount of time trying to cascade the long term business strategies to all levels of the organization so that all team members are aware of key decisions that are made in the business. We use various avenues such as annual kick-offs with our executive team, quarterly videos from our CEO’s, regular email communication and local town halls/roundtables to communicate key decisions. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca so we can discuss those concerns in more detail.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews