Rexall "head office" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rexall Employee Reviews about "head office"

Updated Sep 26, 2019

3.1
Rexall COO and General Manager Nicolas Caprio (no image)
Nicolas Caprio
Cons

Reviews about "head office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A great place to work if it's not winter."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Rexall part-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and management are friendly. The hours are fair and the discount is amazing especially on products that are store branded ie Be Better or Nosh and Co. Everyone seems genuinely interested in helping one another it's a great place to work.

Cons

The location I work at is freezing. Apparently head office has implicitly told us we are NOT allowed to close the one door making it so cold even though there are several other entrances due to customers feeling it would be "unwelcoming" well cashiers in winter coats and mittens is also unwelcoming.

Advice to Management

Start taking better care of your front line employees at Queen and University. The heating is disgusting and Union rules say it should be NO LOWER than 18 degrees. I can tell you it was well below freezing the other night when I worked I got sick and had to take time off.

Rexall2016-01-07

"Average company, future is bleak, no clear vision or purpose"

Former Contractor - Coordinator in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Rexall for more than a year

Pros

good work environment, head office in Mississauga is nice

Cons

high level execs were recently let go due to lack of performance and salary cuts. YoY revenue has not been good and it seems like there is no clear goal or purpose for the company to stand out in the retail spectrum. Seems to me they are only looking to "survive". They are running on the coattails of McKesson, who knows how many cuts they'll make in the future. Good company to be with if you're looking to start your career, not somewhere you want to be long-term just 1-2 years. I was on contract but have heard from colleagues that are benefits are not formidable.

Advice to Management

have clear job scopes for every position and increase human resource where need be. Dont overpay your execs otherwise you will have to let them go if lackluster net profits continue...

Rexall2019-09-26

"Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, ON

I worked at Rexall full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with the staff in the store as a team and getting to know them over time people become your work family and it’s nice to have that when you spend so much of your time with them

Cons

Head office is the most disorganized, condescending, and clueless people you will ever have the displeasure of working under in your entire lifetime. They have no idea what they’re doing, expect you to work yourself to death to complete tasks that are not only useless but are made to be 10x harder than needed, and make you feel like absolute garbage and hopeless in your position as they are never pleased with anything you do no matter how hard you’ve worked or how amazing your accomplishment is.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more reasonable, acknowledge your staff, the work they do for the company and how hard they work to try and give the customer a great experience, if you give your staff even the slightest bit of encouragement you’d be fostering a more loyal and enthusiastic team working under you.

Rexall2019-05-05

"Rexall 7150 208A, 3430 Brighton Ave Burnaby BC V5A 3H4"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Rexall full-time

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good about this company

Cons

Boy did I wish I had a review here to warn me what I was getting into so here is one for everyone out there. The work day typically starts off slow and picks up later on in the afternoon when the deliveries start going out. Most employees that have been there longer work one station and one only, the same one everyday where as new employees must do multiple stations and cover for others or help another station when they fall behind even when you have your hands full. The workplace is extremely busy and often hard to keep up with, as the number of staff doesn't exactly meet the needs of the pharmacy and they are understaffed everyday. This tends to cause the staff to work quite a bit of overtime, often every day. The hardest part of the job is meeting their unrealistic expectations. -Incompetent management -Regular pay for overtime -Head office takes 7 months to process direct deposit -One Toilet/Washroom for 30 employees -Unrealistic expectations -No time management If you think otherwise by all means, feel free to apply and see for yourself.

Rexall2019-05-01
  5. "Pharmacy Assistance"

I have been working at Rexall part-time

Pros

Pharmacists are mostly good and friendly to work with.

Cons

Head office treatment of employees. Minimal pay without raise although value we provide far exceeds pay. Very few hours available and fires easily. Zero growth outlook.

Rexall2019-03-07
  6. "Keyholder"

I have been working at Rexall part-time

Pros

Rexall is a good starting point if you’re looking to gain experience to become a manager for a retail store — working your way up the ranks is easy.

Cons

Depending on which store you work at, there could be terrible management — you can end up being really stressed and working overtime because your manager doesn’t know how to manage time properly to get the store ready for regional manager or head office reviews.

Rexall2019-02-04
  7. "pharmacy assistant"

I worked at Rexall part-time

Pros

no pros what so ever

Cons

everything, mostly head office and other employees

Advice to Management

hire some competent people or actually incorporate front line feedback to ur guidelines and policies

Rexall2019-02-20
  8. "Working at the Support Centre Review"

I worked at Rexall full-time

Pros

- Lots of great people who work at the head office - fun activities for staff on occasion

Cons

- Not many opportunities to climb up - Upper management directions and requirements can be too much and messy

Advice to Management

Putting an emphasis on developing talent internally and training individuals thoroughly

Rexall2019-01-20
  9. "Keyholder and Cashier"

I worked at Rexall part-time

Pros

- great benefits - good break system - very useful discount - enjoyed community outreach (we did BBQ's to raise money for charity, etc)

Cons

- just like any retail job, must have a great amount of patience for some customers - no real room for growth unless you are willing to do more work than you are paid for - key holding position - I had to ask for a pay raise - given more responsibility than I was being paid for - basically an underpaid assistant manager -Head office had unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

If you are going to advance someone to a higher position, lay out what they will actually be responsible for.

Rexall2018-08-13
  10. "cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Rexall part-time for less than a year

Pros

the staff are very friendly and nice. and you can have discount when you buy stuff in the store, and the head office are very nice.

Cons

sometime there are so many work , and hard to take a break . sometime the customer are very rude.

Advice to Management

i have no advice to management and it is very busy there sometime

Rexall2017-09-08