Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 21 March, 2019

2.9
Greg Dukat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Unlimited vacation, free lunch and dinner are some nice perks" (in 32 reviews)

• "Free food and additional life insurance" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours as is at any startup" (in 20 reviews)

• "The dust will continue to settle as a result of some recent changes in many of the upper management and HR roles" (in 12 reviews)

1. "Amazing people, friendly atmosphere, but stressful environment"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Amazing and friendly coworkers
    2. Friendly atmosphere
    3. Food + snacks
    4. Parties

Cons

1. Stressful environment. Revel systems fired about 25 people during my employment. It was really stressful for everyone to see it.
    2. Huge workload.
    3. Open space office.

2. "Not great but getting better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great potential. Moving away from shady sales culture. Scaling up to become more of an enterprise solution.

Cons

The average clients (right now) are new inexperienced restaurant owners. Most of the old sales team is gone, and the new sales team members are inexperienced.

"So Far Everything's going great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good perks, Very relaxed work culture, there's absolutely no micromanaging and so far everyone in the office seems to be happy to be working here. As long as you get the work done or even show reasonable effort to get it done, you're free to do whatever you want.
    They try and keep everyone happy by fully stocking the kitchen and cover lunch/ breakfast 1 to 3 times a week.

Cons

If you're driving, you have to pay 50% of the monthly parking fee.

Advice to Management

100% Parking Coverage would be great.

"This company is really turning around!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of new and improved changes going on and the executive team is really making an effort to open up the lines of communication to all employees worldwide. They have create employee engagement committees and have quarterly All Hands meetings to talk about what is new, what is improved. They just recently announced they are implementing a 401k match. They brought back unlimited PTO. How are things bad?

Cons

My disappointment is in those employees who are either still here or have left saying that the company is bad. If those employees would communicate and try to be a part of the solution and contribute to how to improve things then I would think they be happier!

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing and over communicate!

"So happy I didn't listen to the reviews!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and team. Genuine people that want want to help Revel grow to the next level. Office is a great environment that I enjoy coming to work in. I read the reviews on glassdoor before accepting my position and it almost talked me out of it. I am SO glad I stuck with my gut and joined the Revel Team.

Cons

None to think of so far.

"Great Team, Great Pay, Great Perks!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say there are several pros for working here at Revel Systems, first being the people. I get a real sense of community and true teamwork! Next, is the pay and benefits. I think it's definitely above industry standard. Third, potential for growth. Revel is growing and that's a big plus because there will be lots of room for advancement. The HR team is great and they painted an accurate picture of work life here at Revel Systems. If you're looking for a cool company, you're ready to work hard, and want to be rewarded for your efforts... Come join us!

Cons

Seriously, I have not encountered anything that would make me rethink accepting the job at Revel. I did my research and I knew this would be the company for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! #RevelUp

7. "Good Company - Lots of Changes"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun startup culture. Free lunch and snacks. Good company to get experience with.

Cons

Things were very unorganized in the kind of way where upper management set up the sales team to fail. Although, my direct managers were great. Either way, it was frustrating but I believe they've restructured now and I think things are better.

8. "Great company to be at!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Location with an awesome view of Atlanta
    Catered Lunch
    Company sponsored Happy Hour
    Company culture and its employees are amazing
    Everyone (regardless of department) operates as one cohesive team
    Executive Transparency
    Phone and Gym subsidies
    Great Healthcare benefits and 401K

This is a growing company and one that is growing extremely fast and there are growing pains that come with the territory. Upper management has done an excellent job managing the growth and addressing any issues that come up company wide.

Everyone that currently works here is very welcoming and it allows for a collaborative company culture that makes you actually want to come into work everyday.

Cons

Slight disorganization that is being addressed and corrected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

"Entangled in a Web of Lies"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
    Great coworkers but they're either laid off or left

Cons

This place is a joke, Revel Systems runs on lies and deceit. This place hit rock bottom when the most recent CEO came onboard. Below are a few things that have contributed to the downfall on this once promising company.

Most employees are grossly underpaid, it’s embarrassing. In addition to low pay, management will ask what projects you want to take on but will not provide any monetary incentive for all the extra work you just inherited on top of your daily responsibilities. This is their way to make you feel important but they’re really trying save costs by spreading you thin so they don’t have to hire people. Each team is severely understaffed and we’re constantly being told to do more.

The executive team regularly promised changes to the company. But of course, it was a lie. One great example of the plethora of lies they spread was that we would receive a market analysis on our salaries. Instead of rectifying our pay, they decided to get rid of half the staff in San Francisco. They passed out layoff notices like candy on Halloween.

Management is a mess, this is by far the worst I’ve seen in all the different companies I’ve worked with. They contradict themselves and are disrespectful to those they are supposed to lead. You don’t need experience to become a manager here, you just need to be a kiss-up. Since anyone can be a manager, you get a new boss every few months, A colleague told us they’ve gone through 5 managers since they started. Past a certain point, you don’t even know who you report to. You’re stuck with a manager who doesn’t know what you do, it’s even worse when they criticize your work when they’re not able to do any better. On top of that, they work 4 days out of the work week but expect you to show up the full week. Management should lead by example, the message that has come across is do the bare minimum and push responsibility onto someone else.

Lastly, the PTO policy is one of the worst I’ve seen. It’s such a small amount that you can’t even take a decent vacation. They recently changed it to unlimited PTO for exempt employees, which only applies to managers. The managers are never here to begin with. For the non-exempt employees, you stop accruing sick time but Revel was so generous to give you more PTO hours per paycheck. Anyone who understands basic math knows you’re actually losing more time off than gaining through this new policy.

Advice to Management

This place has fallen so low that you can’t pick it back up. Just scrap this whole place and make a new company. Good luck because you’re going to need it.

"Drenched in Distrust"

I worked at Revel Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with awesome employees. Free lunch/snacks. Unfortunately, a lot of the great employees in the US has been laid off already.

Cons

Distrust- there is no trust between the employees and their manager mainly due to lack of communication. Instead of hiring and promoting experienced employees within, the company promoted managers and directors who do not know how to do complete their team's workload nor how to be a good leader.

Poor Process/Training- not enough training provided to better assist the customer or the team. There have been numerous times where a merchant would voice out their issues and there were no solid answers readily available. Due to the constant updates and new implementations, there was no proper meeting/training given on how to deal with certain issues that may arise.

Overworked/ Underpaid- work gradually increased more and more while working at this company. However, there was hardly much of an increase to my pay to compensate for the amount of work/training/projects that I have completed. In addition to this, I noticed most teams are always short-staffed. The company needed to hire more people within each team since I noticed most people on their team was spread out very thinly. This company has a bad reputation in promoting the right people to lead their team; stingy in reinvesting back to their hard-working employees with an e.g bonus, salary increase, or title change.

Advice to Management

Promote growth, trust, don't be too greedy, and treat your employees with respect.

Without integrity, there is no real success. This company failed me in believing in them, they do not have a strong backbone. Without a strong core, one cannot stand tall as it slouches and eventually everything else breaks down.

"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." Dwight D. Eisenhower