Revel Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Revel Systems Reviews

Found 244 reviews

3.1
Greg Dukat
Pros
  • "Free lunch and unlimited supply of snacks is also a nice perk(in 34 reviews)

• "Free food and additional life insurance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and forced employees to work crazy hours the end of the month(in 20 reviews)

• "Maintaining a good work life balance is on you(in 14 reviews)

1. "*Revel Systems is an AMAZING place to work*"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Culture/People (Tech company, startup culture with amazing people) - Moving in the right direction (Revel is ascending in a positive direction) - Happy hours/snacks/drinks/other perks - Welcoming of new ideas/initiatives - Great benefits - Amazing location and brand new office space (Very modern)

Cons

- There are no cons that I have come across

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

Revel Systems2019-04-29
  2. "So Far pretty Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks (reimbursement programs, really good health insurance), really fun co-workers, relaxed work environment, and absolutely no micromanaging. The amount of flexibility given to employees is overwhelming. As long as you get the work done/show that you've put reasonable effort to get it done, no one's going to hound you. Kitchens always stocked with drinks and snacks. Lunch/ breakfast is covered 1 to 3 times a week....

Cons

Only 50% of the parking cost is covered, but it doesn't end up being anything too bad.

Advice to Management

100% parking would be great, and keep doing what you're doing to keep the employees happy.

Revel Systems2019-04-04
  3. "Fast paced, dynamic and energetic environment where your contributions make a difference."

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Management communication is constantly improving, which is launching our company forward and aligning the different departments in the same direction

Cons

Collaboration across departments could be better, but this is a work in progress and it is already a thousand times better than it was 2 years ago.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the feedback of the employees that are on the front lines signing new business or taking care of existing customers. These are the folks that will find the holes and gaps that still need to be filled to improve the customer experience and increase profits in the process.

Revel Systems2019-04-04

"Run"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO company match up to 1000k in 401k

Cons

The managers need training and certification to manage. HR really no support, they advocate for the company not the employee, Operate like a typical privately held company changing and enforcing bad behavior unlawful practices when it comes to some managers. When you interview read between the lines

Advice to Management

Training - certification to manage

Revel Systems2019-04-17

"Amazing people, friendly atmosphere, but stressful environment"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

1. Amazing and friendly coworkers 2. Friendly atmosphere 3. Food + snacks 4. Parties

Cons

1. Stressful environment. Revel systems fired about 25 people during my employment. It was really stressful for everyone to see it. 2. Huge workload. 3. Open space office.

Revel Systems2019-03-22
  6. "Not great but getting better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great potential. Moving away from shady sales culture. Scaling up to become more of an enterprise solution.

Cons

The average clients (right now) are new inexperienced restaurant owners. Most of the old sales team is gone, and the new sales team members are inexperienced.

Revel Systems2019-03-19

"Atlanta management kills the company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Friendly co-workers - Free lunches and snacks

Cons

- Atlanta management is absolute joke - very unprofessional. They were hired just because they are CEO's friends - Good SF employees leaving the company - Unhealthy and stressful environment - Underpaid

Advice to Management

Close Atlanta office

Revel Systems2019-03-28

"This company is really turning around!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are a lot of new and improved changes going on and the executive team is really making an effort to open up the lines of communication to all employees worldwide. They have create employee engagement committees and have quarterly All Hands meetings to talk about what is new, what is improved. They just recently announced they are implementing a 401k match. They brought back unlimited PTO. How are things bad?

Cons

My disappointment is in those employees who are either still here or have left saying that the company is bad. If those employees would communicate and try to be a part of the solution and contribute to how to improve things then I would think they be happier!

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing and over communicate!

Revel Systems2019-02-13

"So happy I didn't listen to the reviews!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and team. Genuine people that want want to help Revel grow to the next level. Office is a great environment that I enjoy coming to work in. I read the reviews on glassdoor before accepting my position and it almost talked me out of it. I am SO glad I stuck with my gut and joined the Revel Team.

Cons

None to think of so far.

Revel Systems2019-02-11

"Great Team, Great Pay, Great Perks!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would say there are several pros for working here at Revel Systems, first being the people. I get a real sense of community and true teamwork! Next, is the pay and benefits. I think it's definitely above industry standard. Third, potential for growth. Revel is growing and that's a big plus because there will be lots of room for advancement. The HR team is great and they painted an accurate picture of work life here...

Cons

Seriously, I have not encountered anything that would make me rethink accepting the job at Revel. I did my research and I knew this would be the company for me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! #RevelUp

Revel Systems2019-02-11