Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

1.6
RetailMeNot President Lou Agnese
Lou Agnese
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Things are changing and engineers are leaving

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior Backend Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been very flexible during the pandemic and we still have some good people that started few years ago.

Cons

The CEO and CTO were removed after being acquired by a previous company - we recently moved under a new company and things are getting worse. The engineering side is the most impacted at this point since all of the positions under the temporary engineering head are being shifted towards the office in India.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

It WAS a great place to work

Sep 30, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They compensate employees really well. Having catered lunches was nice. I learned a ton there and worked with some great people before they left.

Cons

The senior management made a lot of big bets that never paid off. There has been tons of turnover, those who stayed got promoted, even if they weren't qualified to perform the task. They treat their product managers poorly, give them little leeway to make meaningful change. Office politics were rampant if you wanted to change anything you had to back channel everything, have meetings before meetings. Decisions were not made in meetings, all discussion in meetings was futile, it was always a formality. Managers would tell you what you wanted to hear, then renege on it later. Life at RetailMeNot evolved to process without purpose, and became a total drag.

5 people found this review helpful

180 Comments

Tech

33.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=RetailMeNot~407120
    Join the conversation on
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company in Austin

Mar 25, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has one the best offices in Austin downtown. Great benefits uncluding free 24/7 parking and free catering lunch.

Cons

Higher turnaround that is common in tech industey.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I'm thrilled to be working here

Apr 13, 2014 - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's great to work somewhere that's winning its market; and management seems committed to staying ahead of the competition by putting together the best engineering team possible. That means not only great coworkers whom I learn from and who raise the bar for me; but also really excellent compensation and working environment.

Cons

Some consider the downtown location a minus (I think it's great personally).

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews